Eldevin - Awesome Browser MMORPG

Cepaqua_sl

shitlord
Eldevin - Massively Multiplayer 3D Role Playing Game

Anyone play/played this? Took me couple mins to get in-game and immediately felt like a browser-based EQ or a superior Runescape.

Key features include:

• Rich storyline involving hundreds of quests.
  • Huge world to explore with many cities, areas, dungeons and secrets.
  • 6 Talent Trees featuring over 200 talents.
  • Real-time combat system.
  • Use strategy and tactics to defeat epic Foes and Bosses.
  • Engage in PvP combat with your friends and enemies.
  • Your decisions and actions will affect future encounters and possibilities.
  • Class-less combat system; players in Eldevin are free to learn any of over 100 unique abilities.
  • Train in 14 professions to craft your own weapons, armor, items and amenities.
  • 14 group-based dungeons and dozens of in-depth story-driven solo instances.
  • Hundreds of items, including 20 unique sets, to obtain and collect.
  • Initial release of 40 levels with awesome end-game content and consistent up.

Game Guide:
https://forums.huntedcow.com/topic/2...-basics-guide/

Class Guide:
https://forums.huntedcow.com/topic/2...-introduction/

Since beginning of 2015 until now I've been filling the wait for EQN + Camelot Unchained with a bunch of older MMORPGs including LotRO, Neverwinter, TERA, RIFT and SWTOR. Re-visiting these worlds were fun but after level capping in each one, I just found myself searching for the next world to find that immersion that still hasn't been matched since EQ/DAoC. When I came across Eldevin, it looked interesting and the STEAM player reviews were fairly positive. I've played at least a dozen browser MMORPGs and never really stuck with them for more than a couple days. Here I am a week later and fully immersed into this world. It has a nostalgic, yet modernized UI, but it's also clean and easy to use. The attribute, class and quest systems are simple to navigate thru and you never really feel like you have to scour the net for infoz. This is the first time I haven't skipped reading one quest. They are written in a subtle and sarcastic tone that will have you chuckling way past your bedtime.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eldevin - Massively Multiplayer 3D Role Playing Game

Anyone play/played this? Took me couple mins to get in-game and immediately felt like a browser-based EQ or a superior Runescape.

Key features include:

• Rich storyline involving hundreds of quests.
  • Huge world to explore with many cities, areas, dungeons and secrets.
  • 6 Talent Trees featuring over 200 talents.
  • Real-time combat system.
  • Use strategy and tactics to defeat epic Foes and Bosses.
  • Engage in PvP combat with your friends and enemies.
  • Your decisions and actions will affect future encounters and possibilities.
  • Class-less combat system; players in Eldevin are free to learn any of over 100 unique abilities.
  • Train in 14 professions to craft your own weapons, armor, items and amenities.
  • 14 group-based dungeons and dozens of in-depth story-driven solo instances.
  • Hundreds of items, including 20 unique sets, to obtain and collect.
  • Initial release of 40 levels with awesome end-game content and consistent up.

Game Guide:
https://forums.huntedcow.com/topic/2...-basics-guide/

Class Guide:
https://forums.huntedcow.com/topic/2...-introduction/

Since beginning of 2015 until now I've been filling the wait for EQN + Camelot Unchained with a bunch of older MMORPGs including LotRO, Neverwinter, TERA, RIFT and SWTOR. Re-visiting these worlds were fun but after level capping in each one, I just found myself searching for the next world to find that immersion that still hasn't been matched since EQ/DAoC. When I came across Eldevin, it looked interesting and the STEAM player reviews were fairly positive. I've played at least a dozen browser MMORPGs and never really stuck with them for more than a couple days. Here I am a week later and fully immersed into this world. It has a nostalgic, yet modernized UI, but it's also clean and easy to use. The attribute, class and quest systems are simple to navigate thru and you never really feel like you have to scour the net for infoz. This is the first time I haven't skipped reading one quest. They are written in a subtle and sarcastic tone that will have you chuckling way past your bedtime.
its on steam sale also.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
getting my shit pushed in by the level 4 dungeon giant beetle as we speak. can't decide if this game is good or not yet. it reminds me of AC and runescape.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was trying to play EQ again but for some reason this has drawn me in hard. I'm liking it, brings back some old feels.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
getting my shit pushed in by the level 4 dungeon giant beetle as we speak. can't decide if this game is good or not yet. it reminds me of AC and runescape.
If you play any further, I'd be interested in hearing why it reminds you of AC. AC is a friend's favorite game of all time. He'd kill for a reboot.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
If you play any further, I'd be interested in hearing why it reminds you of AC. AC is a friend's favorite game of all time. He'd kill for a reboot.
i wouldn't call this remotely a reboot of AC, its much closer to runescape than AC. your friend would be quite disappointed if he downloads this expecting some oldschool darktide.

Cepaqua_sl

shitlord
LOL...my first encounter with ~giant beetle~ was epic. We both got each other down to 1% and the bugger got me. And I loved that he got me because it reminded me of EQ/DAoC where 1 v 1 fights with slightly higher con mobs were thrilling. These days, everyone is capable of obliterating groups without breaking a sweat. I went back and tried kiting and it worked! The combat is really smooth and just plain fun. I love that even your auto-attack is nice and fast, and how you could buy abilities from any class. I absolutely LOVE the crafting and gathering. The first time I tanned a hide and actually saw me character doing it, I was really impressed. I love how you could just harvest, gather or mine anything you want as long as you have the appropriate tool. They really made the crafting incredibly fun and I can't wait to max everything out. There is so much content packed into this world, so much to do.

I play full screen, removed click-to-move so only move WASD. The camera is great. The art style is completely western and opposite of anime (thank the LORD). I was in full group last night descending down the floors one by one and everyone in group agreed that we haven't had this much fun in a long, long time. The nostalgia of running thu giant non-linear dungeon was mesmerizing. I love managing the inventory, it has small square slots but it takes more slots for bigger stuff (like Diablo, but I like this one better). The whole UI is a pleasure to use. I never heard of the dev "Hunted Cow" but I would put money that they all played EQ, DAoC and AC. If you're really bored with everything out there, you should really try this. Every session I have with this game gets better and better. Just remember to go full screen, WASD, and pull the camera in when you're fighting..the baddies look awesome up close. Can't wait to get home and level up my Templar!!! It's 1999 again!!!

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
LOL...my first encounter with ~giant beetle~ was epic. We both got each other down to 1% and the bugger got me. And I loved that he got me because it reminded me of EQ/DAoC where 1 v 1 fights with slightly higher con mobs were thrilling. These days, everyone is capable of obliterating groups without breaking a sweat. I went back and tried kiting and it worked! The combat is really smooth and just plain fun. I love that even your auto-attack is nice and fast, and how you could buy abilities from any class. I absolutely LOVE the crafting and gathering. The first time I tanned a hide and actually saw me character doing it, I was really impressed. I love how you could just harvest, gather or mine anything you want as long as you have the appropriate tool. They really made the crafting incredibly fun and I can't wait to max everything out. There is so much content packed into this world, so much to do.

I play full screen, removed click-to-move so only move WASD. The camera is great. The art style is completely western and opposite of anime (thank the LORD). I was in full group last night descending down the floors one by one and everyone in group agreed that we haven't had this much fun in a long, long time. The nostalgia of running thu giant non-linear dungeon was mesmerizing. I love managing the inventory, it has small square slots but it takes more slots for bigger stuff (like Diablo, but I like this one better). The whole UI is a pleasure to use. I never heard of the dev "Hunted Cow" but I would put money that they all played EQ, DAoC and AC. If you're really bored with everything out there, you should really try this. Every session I have with this game gets better and better. Just remember to go full screen, WASD, and pull the camera in when you're fighting..the baddies look awesome up close. Can't wait to get home and level up my Templar!!! It's 1999 again!!!
Stop it don't say the things I want to hear. :<

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Apparently inventory slots and bonus exp potions. No real win stuff. Just shit that makes it easier.
Flying mounts and magic swords +1000 make the game "easier" too
smile.png

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
So to recap in the first 20 minutes you will

1. Do a tutorial that assumes you have never played video games before, especially an RPG where you push 1 to attack and 2 to super-duper attack
2. Get several quests to do thing A 5 times, thing B 5 times, kill thing C 5 times, loot D 5 times
3. Turn the quests in for, you guessed it, some silver and exp! YAY!
4. Skip a bunch of irrelevant quest text after the first quest because its more generic RPG tropes
5. Gouge your eyes out at the atrocious graphics and throw your keyboard against the wall thanks to terrible control schemes

The only redeeming quality of this game is it uninstalls really quick.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
protip: don't read anything, skip all relevant tutorials and info and just run around aimlessly

Cepaqua_sl

shitlord
So to recap in the first 20 minutes you will

1. Do a tutorial that assumes you have never played video games before, especially an RPG where you push 1 to attack and 2 to super-duper attack
2. Get several quests to do thing A 5 times, thing B 5 times, kill thing C 5 times, loot D 5 times
3. Turn the quests in for, you guessed it, some silver and exp! YAY!
4. Skip a bunch of irrelevant quest text after the first quest because its more generic RPG tropes
5. Gouge your eyes out at the atrocious graphics and throw your keyboard against the wall thanks to terrible control schemes

The only redeeming quality of this game is it uninstalls really quick.
Based on what? Your 5 minutes in-game?

All you're doing is stereotyping and judging. Atrocious graphics? Really? For a browser game, the graphics are fine.
IF you actually gave the game a chance, you'd realize it gets better and better along the way. I've experienced moments in Eldevin I haven't experienced in the last 50 "triple A, next gen" MMOs. I'm not surprised though, ADD generation at its finest.

Cepaqua_sl

shitlord
Oh good a crazy fanboy. Every game needs one.
Finally discovered an MMO that reminded of the golden age most of us would love to experience at least one more time. I thought sharing it as well as my enthusiasm for it would entice some bored old-skoolers to give it a shot. If calling me a "Crazy fanboy" makes you feel better, so be it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You seemed to go after Zehn, one of those "old skoolers" you mentioned, pretty vehemently. You seem to feel like your like for this game needs to be validated.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I'll give my opinion on it another time. I haven't had enough time with it really, and juggling FFXIV and Hearthstone is enough for me at the moment.

Graphically the game looks bad, though. They should have used Unity or something to build it. Oh well, if Runescape can get like 3 graphics overhauls, I'm sure Eldevin will get one someday as well.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I definitely dont get this guys definition of good writing in mmos. I'd put this game somewhere between tera online and the partially translated version of russian beta archeage as far as flavor text and dialogue.