Eldevin - Awesome Browser MMORPG

Dumar_sl

shitlord
So to recap in the first 20 minutes you will

1. Do a tutorial that assumes you have never played video games before, especially an RPG where you push 1 to attack and 2 to super-duper attack
2. Get several quests to do thing A 5 times, thing B 5 times, kill thing C 5 times, loot D 5 times
3. Turn the quests in for, you guessed it, some silver and exp! YAY!
4. Skip a bunch of irrelevant quest text after the first quest because its more generic RPG tropes
5. Gouge your eyes out at the atrocious graphics and throw your keyboard against the wall thanks to terrible control schemes

The only redeeming quality of this game is it uninstalls really quick.
You should know by now graphics matter fuckall. The skeleton model in EQ is superior to the latest and greatest models in modern RPGs.

Cepaqua_sl

shitlord
I definitely dont get this guys definition of good writing in mmos. I'd put this game somewhere between tera online and the partially translated version of russian beta archeage as far as flavor text and dialogue.
Do people just see what they want to see these days? Where did I ever say "good writing"? I said "subtle and sarcastic". If you don't get their sense of humor, you probably don't have one to begin with.

Says the brown-nosing cheerleader.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
You should know by now graphics matter fuckall. The skeleton model in EQ is superior to the latest and greatest models in modern RPGs.
There's bad graphics because of system/engine limitations and then there is "We hired cousin Andy to do the world design" levels of bad. Normally I agree that graphics come after more important things like gameplay and so forth but this game kinda lacks that too. I mean it's just another WoW-clone. I imagine this is the product of a college programming class where one guy got saddled with doing the art.

There are a handful of questionable decisions that make your eyes hurt after awhile. Everything you target gets it's 2d frame highlighted in red/green. Maybe I'm just getting old but holy shit...

FJOBh6e.png

ansar

Trakanon Raider
I tried this game out for about 30 minutes last night. I wish I could get the camera to automatically rotate with me when I turn and not have to do that separately. Also, how do you freaking turn off auto-attack? I wound up have to run away just to stop swinging.
smile.png