Electronic Dance Music

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Finally deciding to participate in this thread

Trance is my favourite genre of music, especially vocal Trance. It was the only kind of music I was listening to during my university years. It in recent years as it has in my opinion dropped massively in quality so I tend to only to re-listen to tracks back during the golden age of Trance (late 90s - early 00s). I must have heard most of the quality tracks produced during that time.

Here are some of my favourites and undoubtedly classics. If you are even remotely interested in Trance and haven't heard any of the tracks I am about to link then I highly recommend you listen to them.

Afterburn - North Pole

Armin van Buuren - Serenity (2005 Sensation White Anthem)

(note: I actually went to the 2002 edition of Sensation White (when it was actually good). It remains my best clubbing experience probably in my life since I don't go clubbing anymore)

The Rush - The Anthem 2004 (2004 Sensation White Anthem)

System F - Solstice (Original Extended Mix)

William Orbit - Adagio For Strings (Ferry Corsten Mix)

(note: Lot's of people believe that Tiesto produced 'Adagio for Strings' but in face he only remixed it and made it popular. The original is by Samuel Barber and is a piece of classical music. Ferry actually remixed it before Tiesto did and I much prefer his version)

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Darude - Out Of Control (Extended Version)

DJ Quicksilver - Bellissima (Original Mix)

Fire And Ice - Souvenir De Chine

Ayla - Ayla Part 2 (Extended Mix)

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I also love listening to Vocal Trance

Delerium - Heaven's Earth (Matt Darey Remix)

(note: Not sure butmaybemy favourite vocal trance track. It's definitely up there)

Ocean Lab feat. Justine Suissa - Sky Falls Down [Armin Van Buuren Remix]

(note: ...or it could be this one..)

Kirsty Hawkshaw - Fine Day (Mike Koglin Remix)

Freefall Feat. Jan Johnston - Skydive

Gouryella - Ligaya

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
yeah, deep house is not something you'll ever see at festivals. its not really dancing music, its more of lounge and relax music

when i think of deep house, i think of Miguel Migs and Mark Farina

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
Ive read that mixmag article before. Whatever the fuck you want to call it. I like the way it sounds.

The fucking genre thing with dance music is really, really annoying.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Watching tomorrowworld live in YouTube and i want to drill out my eardrums. When is this ruse gonna end? "Don't you WAIT don't you WAIT child" hey guess what the guy 1 hr before you played that song...and it's what 1.5 years old. Every song is the same. Build up to BASE BASE BASE.

People have to realize this shit. I got into electronic music about a year and a half ago, well after or at least during the explosion in the states. These ravers have probably been to more shows than me. They have to realize what's happening, don't they?

Thanks for the vids neki

Also, this is hilarious
http://www.wunderground.ie/steve-aok...-an-actual-dj/

Fans of US "DJ" Steve Aoki are in a state of shock after it emerged that Mr. Aoki is in fact a performance artist who has been engaged in a finely orchestrated and prolonged performance art piece that has encapsulated every aspect of his life.

The news emerged after it was revealed that Mr. Aoki has been awarded with a Special Achievement Award from the American Council of Performing Arts (A.C.P.A.) for the project which has taken up almost the entirety of Mr. Aoki's adult life.

Speaking for the first time about the revelations, Mr. Aoki, pictured receiving his award from professional egoist, Kanye West, sought to explain the motivation behind the project.

"I wanted to explore the fickle nature of popular music fads by devising a public and onstage persona that could push the bounds of ridiculous behaviour to an extreme and still manage to get away with it."

"For me it's about trying to be as absurd and laughable as possible without any of the audience being aware of, or being willfully ignorant of, the sheer absurdity of what they're witnessing. The EDM explosion for me was the perfect vehicle to explore that idea because it seemed like that audience were capable of mindlessly accepting the most crass gimmicks and personalities," explained Aoki.

"The show and my life as "DJ" Steve Aoki has evolved over the years, " he explained. "I've had to live every waking moment as this guy without ever breaking character. That's always been the toughest part, seeing myself become this clown and never being able to say 'Hey guys, it's not real'."

"I kept adding more and more unnecessary vulgarity to the show, bright flashing lights, topless performances, silly hair, Indian headdresses, trampolines. I kept thinking that at any moment people would realise that this was no longer dance music but that it was an absurdist pantomine and the game would be up. But no-one has ever even suspected."

"Even when I started throwing cake into the audience, which I intended as a not-so-subtle reference to the circus that my show had become, the audience just lapped it up. No-one thought to themselves 'Oh look, he's started throwing cakes into people's faces like a fucking clown, surely this can't be legitimate dance music?'."

Spokesman for the A.C.P.A., Arnold Trumball, described his admiration for Aoki's project, "It's a tour-de-force in method acting. He's been living as this consciously asinine DJ for the last 15 years without ever breaking character. Can you imagine living every waking moment as the DJ character Steve Aoki? Churning out shit track after shit track. Attending shit gig after shit gig?" questioned Trumball. "Not being able to hold your hands up to even your closest friends and admit 'my career as a DJ is an absurd joke'. That's real dedication to your art."

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Watching tomorrowworld live in YouTube and i want to drill out my eardrums. When is this ruse gonna end? "Don't you WAIT don't you WAIT child" hey guess what the guy 1 hr before you played that song...and it's what 1.5 years old. Every song is the same. Build up to BASE BASE BASE.

People have to realize this shit. I got into electronic music about a year and a half ago, well after or at least during the explosion in the states. These ravers have probably been to more shows than me. They have to realize what's happening, don't they?
Wow, a whole 18 months! Slow down there champ!

P.S. Its called "bass", expert.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The Aoki article is hilarious. More of a trance guy anyway than house.
You dont even know what those terms mean.

heres a tracklist from Aoki's set yesterday at TomorrowWorld. How many trance tracks can you list? Shit, or even house tracks.

#
Cue Artist - Title (Remix)
01min
Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. W&W & Ummet Ozcan - Singularity Code (Steve Aoki Mashup)?[DIM MAK/REVEALED]
steady (145) / arntS (28)
03min
Steve Aoki & Autoerotique & Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike - Feedback?[DIM MAK]
08min
Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs. Steve Aoki - We Are Legend?
steady (145)
w/ 08min
Steve Aoki feat. Rune RK - Transcend (Vocal Mix)?[DIM MAK]
toulouseboy (62)
?
Laidback Luke & Steve Aoki feat. Lil Jon - Turbulence?[MIXMASH]
Diriger (781)
w/ ?
Laidback Luke & Steve Aoki feat. Lil Jon - Turbulence (Sidney Samson Remix)?[MIXMASH]
Diriger (781)
25min
Steve Aoki & Chris Lake & Tujamo - Boneless?[ULTRA]
ShoxandPichu (913)
30min
2 Unlimited - Get Ready For This (Steve Aoki Remix)?
toulouseboy (62)
35min
The Prodigy vs. The Bloody Beetroots vs. Public Domain - Warp My Blade Up (Real El Canario Secret Mashup)?
toulouseboy (62) / arntS (28)
w/ 35min
The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up (Acappella)?
toulouseboy (62)
39min
Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas & Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike - Phat Brahms?[DIM MAK]
toulouseboy (62)
49min
Kid Cudi feat. MGMT - Pursuit Of Happiness (Steve Aoki Remix)?[UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC/GOOD MUSIC (ISLAND DEF JAM)]
toulouseboy (62)
w/ 48min
Kid Cudi feat. MGMT - Pursuit Of Happiness (Carnage Festival Trap Remix)?[UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC/GOOD MUSIC (ISLAND DEF JAM)]
toulouseboy (62)
?
Linkin Park & Steve Aoki - A Light That Never Comes?
Diriger (781)
Found a track with video for this event not listed here? You can add this here