Electronic Dance Music

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
New single form his upcoming album is pretty great if you like his style.

Also saw Robag Wruhme at Output a few weeks ago and that dude is amazing.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
that you have about as much credibility in this thread as a deaf toad
So my latest comment that Eric Prydz's nye mix was nearly the same as his edc mix was wrong because I didn't know who Richie Hawtin was? Got it

I've pretty consistently and pointedly admitted I don't know much about the music to try to appease the elitist faggots that infest the scene who have some attitude based on the one and only fact that they've liked something longer than other people. Hey dudes...being cool for liking something earlier than everyone else only works for high schoolers and hipsters.

Hockey players and people who were into electronic music in the 90s are the 2 douchiest groups of people in America.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
So my latest comment that Eric Prydz's nye mix was nearly the same as his edc mix was wrong because I didn't know who Richie Hawtin was? Got it

I've pretty consistently and pointedly admitted I don't know much about the music to try to appease the elitist faggots that infest the scene who have some attitude based on the one and only fact that they've liked something longer than other people. Hey dudes...being cool for liking something earlier than everyone else only works for high schoolers and hipsters.

Hockey players and people who were into electronic music in the 90s are the 2 douchiest groups of people in America.
Dude, don't rise to the bait. I believe it was Marc Acardipane that said that some tracks will stand the test of time. That music created in the early 90's (or earlier) would sound just as good in 2017.

DJs often play a lot of the same tracks, often in the same order at multiple gigs over a span of time, adding or removing tracks as needed. Rock and Roll bands do it all the time and people eat it up.

I will however correct you in saying that the two douchiest groups are Hockey Players and People that have been into Electronic Music.

It is people into Electronic Music for ages and people who post on forums
tongue.png

Don't even try to appease either of these groups, and dig what you dig. You will be much happier for it
wink.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My comment had nothing to do with Eric Prydz, was more to do with you getting all defensive when someone rightly called you out for not knowing who Hawtin is. As I said, nobody with half a clue is going to take you or your opinions seriously anymore...it would be like if I went into the NBA thread and started posting there and admitted I didn't know who Magic Johnson was or something

people who were into electronic music in the 90s are the 2 douchiest groups of people in America.
Well actually I'm in the UK and where Europe leads in electronic music, America tends to follow - I only have to look at your festival lineups to prove that.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Well actually I'm in the UK and where Europe leads in electronic music, America tends to follow - I only have to look at your festival lineups to prove that.
To be fair, he was talking about people in America. Sadly, he is not entirely wrong. I can say that I have not been exempt, but in recent years, I have made a concentrated effort to not be a douche about it.

I cannot speak to the whole of the US, but central TX, things have been going off proper. National, International and Locals have been killing it. Only seems to be gaining steam. I have met quite a few folks that are new to it that have been experiencing old and new and are loving it. Guy has recently gotten into Hawtin, awesome! Encourage and direct him to something that he might dig, instead of digging at him. Fuck PLUR, but show some love!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Your latest comment was dumb because it states something so patently obvious.

There are extremely few DJs who change their set lists entirely in a span of only a few months. Two major reasons for that is that the artists incorporate a lot of their own tracks into the sets to boost their own sales and secondly, people come out to hear those tracks played in a club because they heard them on some recorded live set from a month ago at another show. This has been going on for decades and the 80s and 90s were even more notorious because there were so few tracks available and the distribution models simply werent there to fill the demand. You'd have DJs playing several same tracks for YEARS.

Now on to you, the reason I laugh at you is because you're constantly using your ignorance as some sort of shield and crying about people being mean to you. Instead of posting, I suggest for you to shut up and try absorbing information for a while. If you self-admittedly dont know a fucking thing about the subject, why are you even clicking on "Post Reply"? People like you are the exact reason why another scene that was really awesome to be a part of was completely ruined and reduced to the lowest common denominator to cater to musical knuckle draggers like yourself. So now we get to be subjected to shit like Avicii, Afrojack and Martin Garrix because you love that shit. Go spend another $300 for a ticket to stand in the middle of a racetrack in the Nevada desert in the middle of summer to listen to David Guetta play his latest 2014 Rework of "I Gotta Feeling" so you can come home and tell your Kings-of-Leon-listening bros how awesome this new "EDM" music

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Last year the smallest stage was packed all 3 days with legit DJs. I'm expecting more of the same. A majority of the festival is bros at this point but its big enough to also cater to the crowd that actually likes music
This is hilarious because you are one of those "bros". Ah, to be so comically self-unaware.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
So araysar's mommy yelled at him again. Let's all be super nice to him while he recovers emotionally. Itll get better big guy. Just hang in there

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
My comment had nothing to do with Eric Prydz, was more to do with you getting all defensive when someone rightly called you out for not knowing who Hawtin is. As I said, nobody with half a clue is going to take you or your opinions seriously anymore...it would be like if I went into the NBA thread and started posting there and admitted I didn't know who Magic Johnson was or something

I don't mean to pee in your Cheerios here, but the one who figured out I didn't know Richie Hawtin was...me, when I told everyone. I have another bit of bad news for you: I don't care about being "credible" (ignoring for a minute that that word is entirely meaningless here). I don't intend to or care about convincing anyone of anything. I've never even argued with someone except in topics unrelated to the thread title

I'm usually good at avoiding the children on rerolled, but I can't help it here. Only in this thread can you say "Hey dudes I didnt know x" and someone will reply with "lol you have no credibility, you didn't even know x"

Also, can you do another analogy? I don't quite get what not knowing who Richie Hawtin is yet. Can you try a NASCAR one? Baseball will do in a pinch, but I'd really prefer the next analogy be a NASCAR one. Thanks in advance

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Nu-Metal the worst thing that has ever happened to heavy metal?
Gangsta Rap the worst thing that has ever happen to rap?
Emo the worst thing that has ever happened to alternative rock?
Pop country the worst thing that has ever happened to country?

None of the original genres are any less relevant because of the fan flood that came from the sub-genre's popularity. I would argue that as small part of these new casual fans stick with the genre and become real fans of the underlying genre. They are every bit as discerning as the "old school" fans. I love EDM, Electronic, Techno, whatever the fuck you want to call it and no amount of teens or soccer moms claiming that they are fans is ever going to change that. Music is such a personal taste that even inside the groups of "in the know" fight about what is good and what shit. The worst thing about telling these fans how much they and their taste in music sucks is that they may be on the verge of becoming a true genre fan if someone would just show them the truly good shit instead of calling them bandwagon and telling them to fuck off.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
The worst thing about telling these fans how much they and their taste in music sucks is that they may be on the verge of becoming a true genre fan if someone would just show them the truly good shit instead of calling them bandwagon and telling them to fuck off.
Several of us have been saying this since the beginning of the thread. There's no reasoning with Hateraysar. He doesn't live in the same reality as sane people.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The worst thing about telling these fans how much they and their taste in music sucks is that they may be on the verge of becoming a true genre fan if someone would just show them the truly good shit instead of calling them bandwagon and telling them to fuck off.
I've pretty consistently and pointedly admitted I don't know much about the music
Oh yeah, I have a lot of hope for these "fans". He has been into "EDM" for about a year now?