Electronic Dance Music

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have a real throw back question. Back in the early 2000's ('99 to '03, I think), there was a really popular techno song out. I don't believe that it had any lyrics, but I remember the beat (just can't type that beat).

It reminds me a little of the Paul Van Dyk Binary Finary remix, but that isn't it. It was ALWAYS being played at the bars/clubs or whatever. I can kind of make the beat with my voice, but no idea how to find it online. And Shazam was unable to help me out by making noises into my phone. Any suggestions on shit that was popular back then? Hell, if you really want, I'll call you and make the noise into the phone so you can laugh at me. I just want to know the name of the song!

I had an old MP3 back then. There was a track that was 45 min to an hour long, and I remember that song being in that track. I swear it's a Paul Van Dyk, song, but youtube isn't helping me find it.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wish I could help you. I want to tell you in my drunkeness to actually tweet Deadmau5 because the dude loves techno and if he replies he might know.

My own help issue is does anyone have a playlist similiar to this tune?

Very Techno and searching for Techno on Spotify really turns up terrible results.

Ladro

Anomaly
I have a real throw back question. Back in the early 2000's ('99 to '03, I think), there was a really popular techno song out. I don't believe that it had any lyrics, but I remember the beat (just can't type that beat).

It reminds me a little of the Paul Van Dyk Binary Finary remix, but that isn't it. It was ALWAYS being played at the bars/clubs or whatever. I can kind of make the beat with my voice, but no idea how to find it online. And Shazam was unable to help me out by making noises into my phone. Any suggestions on shit that was popular back then? Hell, if you really want, I'll call you and make the noise into the phone so you can laugh at me. I just want to know the name of the song!

I had an old MP3 back then. There was a track that was 45 min to an hour long, and I remember that song being in that track. I swear it's a Paul Van Dyk, song, but youtube isn't helping me find it.

I was DJ'ing around then, mostly prog house/trance/tech house, but make a YouTube video of the beat and I'll see if I recognize it. Would be helpful if you could describe other songs playing around the same time as well because ~20 years ago is a long fucking time ago :D

Ladro

Anomaly
I can't believe this actually fucking worked Xarpolis Xarpolis but I think it's this based on your mad beat boxing skills... Hope I'm right :)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Holy shit, that's it! I've never seen the video for that.

And just so all of you can laugh at my beatboxing, here's what I sent Landro.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I was going to post Sandstorm, but I didn't believe that could possibly be it because, well, that song was stupidly popular at the time and I swore everyone knew what that shit was.

Ladro

Anomaly
I was going to post Sandstorm, but I didn't believe that could possibly be it because, well, that song was stupidly popular at the time and I swore everyone knew what that shit was.

Not going to lie, I get DJ PTSD whenever I hear it - it was definitely that popular and was every-fucking-where at the time. What's funny to me is that I'm hearing a lot of late 90's/early 2000's trance tracks again in various sets these days. Case in point - Cosmic Gate played their remix of Sandstorm at Tomorrowland a couple weeks ago. Part of why I immediately recognized it from Xarpolis Xarpolis

Video with timecode for proof:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I knew the song. I just didn't know the title to it. Or even the artist. Just one of those songs that I've heard a TON of times. The only reason I thought about it was I'm working with this 26 year old and he wanted to play techno songs, and I was bringing up some older shit for him also.

Araxen

I find it hard to hate Zedd. 10 minutes on this set... HOLY FUCK!!! Blow my wad on any chick in the crowd and you win Zedd.

Araxen

Epic stuff!!

Edit: I see now. The light show has to be nothing short of amazing IRL. I need to see it now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like