Electronic Dance Music

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Second Sky this weekend. I'm hoping it's livestreamed!

1631655744496.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Figured this was the best thread for this.

So I have loved this since I first heard it years ago, it is a staple of my favorite Pandora Station. I have to admit that I am really embarrassed that I never looked up photos of the group until recently. When I looked at the pictures there was no female and I was really confused because all these years I thought the vocalist was female
(with a sexy voice).
1635566835814.png
1635566836793.png
1635566837422.png
1635566838076.png
1635566838567.png
1635566838961.png
1635566839364.png

Now that I know I can totally hear that it is a male vocalist. Still love the song though!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I do have fond memories of partying to the venga boys, does that count?

Also, that first song the dude sounds like the guy from Bloodhound Gang (sorta).

EDIT: The short answer is yes, especially if I am high on X like I was back then.

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Prospa been killing it recently, electronica, breakbeats and a cool video. Slight nod to The Orbs Little Fluffy Clouds me thinks.

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Pretty banging 2 hour essential mix: Sub Focus and Wilkinson. DnB, liquid, jungle, dubstep - Lots of vocals.

Araxen

One of the few non-bootlegs....

One day, I hope these peeps will offer up their sets for a fee. I would gladly pay for them, but fuck if I'm going to Vegas. I"m too old, and I still love EDM.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My buddy came over to have Thanks Giving with us. While he was here, we were remembering the music of high school, and this popped up.

I remember riding around in my very first car one night and this came on and I was like "This is my jam!"
Good stuff.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Rave is making a bit of a comeback here in the UK, specifically happy hardcore style rave which was popular in the late 80s - early 90s. Those guys back then did all the mixing in their bedrooms etc, so lots of it sounded a bit rough round the edges. Hoping with modern production methods, we'll see a lot of sophisticated sounding rave with some fusions of other newer EDM styles.

Love rave and breakbeats.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw Paul Oakenfold perform in a bar or small club in Chicago like.. 15 years ago. It was decent.

And shit, Paul van Dyk. I forgot about him, but this track was fire back at the turn of the century.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I saw Paul Oakenfold perform in a bar or small club in Chicago like.. 15 years ago. It was decent.

And shit, Paul van Dyk. I forgot about him, but this track was fire back at the turn of the century.

Bringing up Paul Oakenfold makes me feel old, I used to go to his Spectrum night in the late 80s. Good DJ, his Journeys by DJ is one of the finest of the series.

Here's the essential mix he did in 1994, it's called the Goa mix as he was DJing out in India for the winter for a few years. Some nice old classics and has the amazing remix he produced of U2's - Lemon.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
If you like trance from this time period, Gatecrasher - Wet is a mindblowing album, that and Ministry of Sound's Clubbers Guide to Trance really set the bar high for mixed trance compilations in the late 90s. Wet's the better overall album imo, but they both absolutely rock like fuck.

Wet CD 1 - Sub:

Wet CD 2 - Aqua:

Araxen

I feel like EDM artists are going to be the first ones to realize you can sell your live sets to the locals, and the Internet at the same time. Which will make them a ton more money. Especially festivals. I'd definitely pay $60-$100 for a full weekend of live Ultra Miami sets streamed live. Instead of the partial sets they usually do for free on YouTube. The sets are being bootlegged on Iphones as it is. They might as well offer a professional offering that people will pay for.