Electronic Dance Music

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
EDM has changed a ton since I partied back in 04-06 man. Back then popular stuff like this was such blatant ecstasy music. I really think the whole vibe has changed.

Another classic from back in the day. dat supersaw....

Dabamf_sl

shitlord

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
dont worry candy raver. you'll figure it out soon enough

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm starting a new series called the "if araysar was a well I functioning adult" series, in which I translate normal antisocial araysar posts into a mentally healthy post.
says the guy that uses "Kangs" as a form of address on an internet message board

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
EDC LV lineup was released the other day. Super sad that neither Richie Hawtin nor Sasha will be there. Sasha seriously changed my life last year, changing the trajectory of my tastes completely and opening up another world I previously wasn't aware of because I entered the genre recently and through the "EDM" big names. I still feel tingly when I hear "Time" by Panchanga Boys, his opening track. Big bummer to not be able to see them, but the rest of [who I assume will be at] the Neon Garden (small) stage is pretty solid.

Who I'm looking forward to:
Dubfire
John Digweed
Carl Cox
Eats Everything
Maya Jane Coles
Prydz
Jamie Jones
Luciano
Oakenfold (I've only heard his sets from 10 or more years back - has his style changed much?)
Adam Beyer
Umek
MK

This is where I'm looking for help. I missed both of Richie Hawtin's performances last year because I just didn't know him then. I want to avoid similar catastrophes this year. I've explored a lot in the past year, but undoubtedly there are people I still don't know. Can people help point me to acts of similar style (especially house, techno, deep house, tech house) that I may have missed in that list?
rrr_img_68038.jpg

P.S. Calling fans "headliners" is probably one of the most annoying things in my life right now

Random boiler room set from MK:

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Dubfire
John Digweed
Carl Cox
Eats Everything
Maya Jane Coles
Prydz
Jamie Jones
Luciano
Oakenfold (I've only heard his sets from 10 or more years back - has his style changed much?)
Adam Beyer
Umek
MK
Thats a solid starting list. I would skip oakenfold. His 1999 EM Tour sets were fantastic but he has sucked quite hard since 2004 or so. Last good song he had was Southern Sun in 2003 I think.

As far as the rest of that list, but I would check out:
A-Trak, widely considered one of the best technical turntablists, period. His mix CDs are pretty great too.
Art Department is a must.
Booka Shade live I would highly recommend
Flosstradamus
Green Velvet (if you can see one act out of all these, see this guy, he is a legend - you may never get another chance and you'll be kicking yourself if you don't.).
Nicole Moudaber

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You guys have any other reccomendations for live sets similar to this from the late night 90's/ early 2000's?
Pretty much pick any Oakenfold / Tiesto / Armin set or mix CD from 1999-2004, they all played stuff like this - though G&D really took this progressive house/trance thing to the next level

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Pretty much pick any Oakenfold / Tiesto / Armin set or mix CD from 1999-2004, they all played stuff like this - though G&D really took this progressive house/trance thing to the next level
I read G&D's wiki today and had no idea about their history. Specifically that they released As the Rush Comes :-x. And speaking of 90's oakenfold, this is pretty much one my favoritesPaul Oakenfold - Radio 1 Essential Mix, Live from Creamfields 02-05-1998 by Paul Oakenfold on SoundCloud - Hear the world??Ts sounds. Never really get tired of it.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I read G&D's wiki today and had no idea about their history. Specifically that they released As the Rush Comes :-x. And speaking of 90's oakenfold, this is pretty much one my favoritesPaul Oakenfold - Radio 1 Essential Mix, Live from Creamfields 02-05-1998 by Paul Oakenfold on SoundCloud - Hear the world??Ts sounds. Never really get tired of it.
Late 90's Oakenfold is some of the best electronic music there is whether its the mix CDs (Tranceport, Ibiza, etc.) or all his Essentisal Mixes in late 1990s, particularly the 1999 Essential Mix World Tour.

Gabriel and Dresden are also responsible for Andain (Beautiful Things, Summer Calling). Josh Gabriel was really the musical brains behind everything, Dave Dresden just rode his coattails for over a decade.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Original is awesome as well, just heard it on a recent Diplo and Friends mix. So awesome.