Elite: Dangerous (Kickstarted Sandbox Space Flight Sim)

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
If you die you will lose all unclaimed bounties. This is by design as a bit of risk v reward.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Adjust the mouse near the center of the screen to be accurate
Am I retarded because I can't find this setting?

Edit: Disregard, I still can't fly with the controls listed. I basically need the same exact flying setup as Planetside 2 or I can't fly.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Welp, I just took out my firstElitepirate in a type 7 transport with my 'combat adder.' Was a pretty intense fight.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Imperial Clippers do not fuck around. Fought a Dangerous rank one, got it to ~40% hull but I fled at 18% hull with no cabin left.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yesterday I sat at a nav beacon and sniped several bounties from the security patrols. Made about 30k in my starter ship doing this. I wait like 8 km away from the beacon and fly in when I see fireworks. Full power to weapons and hope for the last hit. Occasionally someone will warp in and fuck me up but I J out pretty fast lol.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You can wreck shit pretty hard in the starter Sidewinder once you learn how to pilot. Fights take forever though.

You really don't have to sit at the nav beacon, you can just supercruise around the beacon and drop on any signatures that pop up near it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game is really really immersive if you're into space combat at all. I love the way it handles supercruising through systems and interdiction.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Due to player actions, Ho Hsi is now in Civil War and might switch allegiance from independant to Federation.

I'm selling weapons to them now.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Due to player actions, Ho Hsi is now in Civil War and might switch allegiance from independant to Federation.

I'm selling weapons to them now.
Damn, I need to get over there. I am just a few credits shorts of getting a Cobra, once I have one of those with a few upgrades I am going to head over and get serious.

Raign

Golden Squire
So what is open play? I've been doing solo play only.
Frontiers 'MMO Lite'. When you play solo play, the instance you are in on their server is limited to just you. When you go to open play, up to 32 other people exist in the instance 'bubble' around you at one time. PVP is enabled so ganking is pretty common -especially in the more popular systems.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
BTW fuck assassination missions. I finally found the target and it was aneliteAnaconda that brought me to 36% hull in one strafe. Raced back to a dock with under a minute of air left.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Imperial Clippers do not fuck around. Fought a Dangerous rank one, got it to ~40% hull but I fled at 18% hull with no cabin left.
Told ya
wink.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm kinda getting shit on in my Cobra, almost want to go back to my Viper.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I'm kinda getting shit on in my Cobra, almost want to go back to my Viper.
Yeah the Cobra is a good jack-of-all-trades, but the Viper is in my opinion superior to it when it gets to shooting stuff. The Cobras hardpoint placements makes you wanna use a left side/right side fire button setup.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get it. I use 4 fixed lasers on the Cobra and I can actually hit stuff. I scored 4 kills in a combat zone before an Anaconda fucked my shit up.

How the fuck is your ship worth 4x more than mine already?
My class B FSD is worth more than the entire stock cobra. The hull of a ship is basically worthless.

Yeah, I think that applies all the way up to the 60 million ships. Think of those as 600 million ships.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
My stock Asp was 6.6 mil, the FSD was 5.7 mil.... then you have the armor (mil grade) 5.7 mil, and so on and on and on
smile.png
So yes, the stock price is just a teaser, to get a ship ready for anything but short range cargo shipping you will want to spend 3 - 4 times the initial price.

I fear my obsession of getting an Anaconda with a pure turret build to play Imperal Star Destroyer will have me grinding the next year :S