Elite: Dangerous (Kickstarted Sandbox Space Flight Sim)

Leon

<Silver Donator>
One of the developers also talked briefly about rogue AIs that managed to escape from some kind of AI purge in earlier human history (which is the explanation for why people are flying spaceships and not computers).
Soooooo

rrr_img_88002.jpg

?

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Fuck this game's servers for going down the last two nights in a row I've tried to play. Here I am doing all this research about what to do and how to not suck at it, but still no playtime advancement. Gar. I really hate online shit.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It goes down at 2am eastern every night, for like 8 minutes or so usually.

nuday

Golden Squire
It looks like I've managed to get myself stuck in a shitty little system by buying my viper here.

nuday

Golden Squire
I'm gonna keep checking for a new FSD (the shops update from time to time, right?), but no luck so far. There's a pretty good spot for bounties in the system, so I can at least make some money to buy a different ship here, I guess.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I can beat that. I was playing while half drunk and managed to get stuck in a system without enough fuel to get anywhere.

I have no option but to self destruct, but I can't bring myself to do it while I'm carrying 50k in bounties.

nuday

Golden Squire
I actually got out. Found a decent FSD upgrade and I'm back to my normal aimless wandering now.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I think its been posted before, but this is a wonderful tool:E Shipyard

I always check that before buying a new ship to see that I will indeed be able to get out of the system and also to see how much money I can expect to sink into the ship to get it the way I want it.

Edit: oh and to check that I have enough cash for insurance + trade after I buy it.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm finally making some decent money trading and last night purchased a Cobra. My plan is to upgrade some weapons and do some bounties (haven't done a single one yet). I also found this site for changing HUD colorsElite: Dangerous HUD colour theme editor

edit: I've read that people are using class 3 and even class 4 weapons on their Cobras. Is there a way to increase the class of weapons I can use in mine? As it is now, the medium hardpoints are max class 2 and the light hardpoints are 1.

Raign

Golden Squire
worth buying if so, porvide noob info to read up on?
Well put together game. Excellent visuals and really smooth gameplay. Bit grind-ish and a semi-steep learning curve but definitely worth picking up imo. Game has a decent tutorial which will show you the basics of how to fly,Elite wikican help with most anything after that.

Raign

Golden Squire
I'm finally making some decent money trading and last night purchased a Cobra. My plan is to upgrade some weapons and do some bounties (haven't done a single one yet). I also found this site for changing HUD colorsElite: Dangerous HUD colour theme editor

edit: I've read that people are using class 3 and even class 4 weapons on their Cobras. Is there a way to increase the class of weapons I can use in mine? As it is now, the medium hardpoints are max class 2 and the light hardpoints are 1.
Hmm I am guessing they are talking about the weapon grades not the weapon classes (e.g. A, B, C), unless there is an exploit kicking around. Class 4 weapons are only supposed to be usable on the Anaconda (and only 1 hardpoint at that)... there isn't any legitimate way to kit a Cobra out with class 3 or 4 weapons.