Embers Adrift

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I haven't even looked at their site beyond downloading the game, just been enjoying it. Here's some misc adventure:

EmbersAdrift_2022.07.02.19.09.02.png

EmbersAdrift_2022.07.02.17.53.17.png

OIPasdfasdf (1).jpg
EmbersAdrift_2022.07.02.20.19.51.png
EmbersAdrift_2022.07.01.19.10.39.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I spent my last big of time trying to puzzle out the stats and math.

There's a positional bonus from weapons. Most are side or back, but sometimes there are weapons with front bonuses. These are handy for soloing of course, but it is hard to figure out what the values do.

There's a HIT value that is really common and I think is sort of a to-hit roll booster. This can boost crits to happen more often. Then there's a more rare DMG value that adds to either min or max damage or both.

I found that 1 hand maces have DMG from the front so I made one. Then I discovered that leather armor pieces convey +2 flanking. Flanking appears to just directly add to any positional bonuses on the weapon. So a +5 DMG on a mace turns into +5 (+12) with a full set of leather.

When you are hitting for like 5 average, adding 17 would be huge, but I tested it and it's more like 2-3.

HIT seemed more valuable, but I didn't really do any rigorous testing. If HIT can bring you in range of hitting reds, that would be super valuable as fighting reds in groups is superfun.

Speaking of that last, they need to bump xp on tougher enemies. Enemies have a chevron by their name. 1 is soloish stuff, 2 is duoish, 3 is groupish, 4 is supertough boss type stuff. Fighting the 3 chevs didn't seem to give any more xp than 1.

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
Okay, I have purchased this game with some people and will actually tell you if it's worth your shekels. Stay tuned.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
One thing I kind of dislike is that there's no cadence to the combat abilities, at least at low levels. Cooldowns are varying, and I'm terrible about watching abilities refresh instead of the action. I've always favoured classes that had a set of abilities one could use without looking at a UI bar.

It likely won't ever get too crazy like EQ2 as it has a limited number of spots for abilities, kinda like guildwars.

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
This is a 10 hour review of the game:

After playing for the short server open on Wednesday and last night, I feel confident so far in my purchase. However, I have been a thirsty motherfucker for an MMO and my standards are swamp-donkey low right now. I have a solid duo group to play regularly with and we are killing trash mobs picking up gear, selling shit, mining ore etc. It's been fun. I hit level 6 and have become a Juggernaut, which is a tank that seems to have high hp/bleeds/aoe. There is nothing groundbreaking here but I also have had no buggy shit that has forced me to stop my play sessions. Stable, basic, vanilla MMO fun so far.

We could use a DPS (striker) for our group.

This is as close as I could come to a troll warrior:
troll (1).png

Found scattered dungeons and areas:
go.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
One thing I frogot to mention is the way dying works.

If you go down your groupmates can revive you with smelling salts within a couple minutes. If not you re-appear at a ember circle. These are little magical fires that repair wounds and regen health slowly. Wounds work like SWG, except no need for watching twilek butts shake.

If you re-appear your bag (I suspect that will turn into bags eventually) is left behind and you have to fight back down to get it. The stuff you were wearing is still with you so you don't have to fight back naked. But you can't loot anything till you pick the bag up.

It is a good system. Like an eq corpse run but a little less punishing.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
One thing I frogot to mention is the way dying works.

If you go down your groupmates can revive you with smelling salts within a couple minutes. If not you re-appear at a ember circle. These are little magical fires that repair wounds and regen health slowly. Wounds work like SWG, except no need for watching twilek butts shake.

If you re-appear your bag (I suspect that will turn into bags eventually) is left behind and you have to fight back down to get it. The stuff you were wearing is still with you so you don't have to fight back naked. But you can't loot anything till you pick the bag up.

It is a good system. Like an eq corpse run but a little less punishing.

I agree corpse runs are tuned down to perfection. Death stings but not to the point where it ruins your day.

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
Been tanking and squashing spiders as a Juggernaut with a 2 handed maul. Not bad.

I would just wait for release unless you're peeling your face for an mmo in beta to play. The mmo's I'm waiting on like Monsters and Memories or AoC are prob years away so I figured I'd just play this in the meantime. Who knows though, might turn out to be an indi-hit.