Empires of the Deep ()

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Empires of the Deep ()

Tagline: When Myth and Legend collide, the War of the Abyss begins

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Michael French, Scott Miller, Jonathan Lawrence

Cast: Olga Kurylenko, Steve Polites, Maxx Maulion, Pierre Bourdaud, Jean-Michel Casanova, Boyde Thomas Skinner, David A. Williams, Andre Queme, Jonathan Kos-Read, Valeska Mosich-Miller, William Shriver, Sam Voutas, Liang Yanfei, Adam S. Shen, Yang Mi

Plot: For thousand of years, legends of beautiful mermaids have enchanted people from all over the globe. Their fascinating and mysterious world has always captured the imagination of humans. In film history, there hasn't been a single movie that has uncovered and explored this mystical world. What secrets lurk beneath the depths? And why do beautiful mermaids seduce human men? "Mermaid Island" is the first underwater fantasy film to unveil and answer these questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

spronk

FPS noob

Sunk - The Atavist Magazine

That is an insane read, super long but crazy as fuck to read. tl;dr - Chinese billionaire decides to make a western style blockbuster (Avatar, etc) in China in 2007. Goes through a ton of hires over the years, including the guy who directed Empire Strikes Back. Starts filming in 2010. One of the western actresses has to literally flee to escape the set. Film has not yet been released. The main "star" is Olga Kuryenko, who was in Quantum of Solace.

Trailer for the movie, from 4 years ago

article_sl said:
Violette began to cry. ?This is bullshit,? she said, ?I?m done.?

She left the tent and walked across the rocks to tell Rao she was quitting. On the way, she ran into Lawrence, who told her that he?d heard that Jiang planned to fire her. ?Good,? she said, ?because I?m quitting anyway.? Lawrence told her to let Jiang fire her so she could keep her wages.

Violette hiked back to the hotel to pack her bags. She called Harrison Liang; her contract stipulated that production owed her a ticket home, and she wanted one now.

Two days later, no ticket had arrived. Liang told her that the production would not pay for her ticket and demanded that she repay all of the salary she?d earned so far. He threatened to sue her in a Chinese court. (Liang didn?t reply to requests for an interview.)
Violette and Berg?s passports were at the production office, so Violette called an American consulate for help. The official on the phone advised them to make their way to the nearest U.S. consulate, either in Guangzhou or Shanghai.

The couple met with Lawrence to plan an escape. They decided that in the evening Lawrence would call an all-hands production meeting in the hotel lobby. While the crew was distracted, Violette and Berg would slip out a window.

That night, with the entire production gathered around the director, the couple scurried down a hallway unnoticed. They dumped their luggage out the window and crawled after it. Then they walked down to a riverbank beyond the hotel grounds and hiked along the river until they found a spot narrow enough to cross. They waded through the water, carrying their luggage above their heads, and then climbed up the steep embankment on the other side.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
First heard about this movie from one of our brosefs here at Rerolled/FoH. I thought his username was something like Nekki, but I can't find that, so maybe he didn't make the transition or deleted it, or I'm remembering wrong. Either way, I don't think it is out of line to mention that his real name is Maxx Maulion because he promoted his other movie, Tony Tango on the boards, even providing tits if I remember correctly. He also has a super hot wife that does videos about things like pole dancing, which he also promoted here (or FoH, same thing). I've been peripherally keeping tabs on this movie and the Tony Tango one in the hopes of someday seeing them (even following him on Facebook, fucker has recently lost a lot of weight and looks good, no homo), but apparently I didn't pay that close attention because it seems I could be watching Tony Tango right fucking now on Amazon Prime!

Siliconemelons

First heard about this movie from one of our brosefs here at Rerolled/FoH. I thought his username was something like Nekki, but I can't find that, so maybe he didn't make the transition or deleted it, or I'm remembering wrong. Either way, I don't think it is out of line to mention that his real name is Maxx Maulion because he promoted his other movie, Tony Tango on the boards, even providing tits if I remember correctly. He also has a super hot wife that does videos about things like pole dancing, which he also promoted here (or FoH, same thing). I've been peripherally keeping tabs on this movie and the Tony Tango one in the hopes of someday seeing them (even following him on Facebook, fucker has recently lost a lot of weight and looks good, no homo), but apparently I didn't pay that close attention because it seems I could be watching Tony Tango right fucking now on Amazon Prime!
The Tony Tango thing was actually kinda funny, forgot about that guy- wonder where he is now.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
This is either WB's grimdark version of The Little Mermaid, or what the AquaMan movie is going to look like.

spronk

FPS noob
oh shit I remember him, yeah I thought the face of the dude looked familiar. haha that must be an awesome story he has about his year on a weird ass chinese movie playing the fat best friend

I loved the part in the article where it said the chinese food wasn't keep him fat enough so he had to import oreos and peanut butter and eat it in secret

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
My brain says it is Nehrak, but I'm not positive I can trust it since it's been almost 4 years since we came to this community. Sort of like that eli1989 or whatever guy who made the amateur films. Pretty sure I did not translate either name 100% accurately =/

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database