Energy Drink Thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am currently hooked on the Strawberry and Cherry Starburst C4's.

cellucor-c4-energy-authentic-starburst-flavors.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Monster acquired distribution rights to Bang. Not really sure why. Reign was supposed to compete with Bang. So my hunch is they bought it to kill it.

I'm sure they'll push it for awhile, but I fully expect it to get shelved within a year, and then incorporating all the good flavors into Reigns if they haven't already. So if you're into Bang, might wanna start stocking up on the sales.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Monster acquired distribution rights to Bang. Not really sure why. Reign was supposed to compete with Bang. So my hunch is they bought it to kill it.

I'm sure they'll push it for awhile, but I fully expect it to get shelved within a year, and then incorporating all the good flavors into Reigns if they haven't already. So if you're into Bang, might wanna start stocking up on the sales.
At least here locally they seem suddenly more limited. If nothing else I liked best for being one of the few cheaper options left.

I'm not up on brand politics, had no idea reign was monster? Wonder why they ever bother with monster being well the monster in the room.

I've been a Rockstar man forever and now most has stations are down to like 5 flavors. 2 for 4 I'm down to xyience cherry lime and Fujii apple.
My overnight 12 hour I get 2 for 4.50 reign inferno which seem pretty strong, make me feel ill after the 2nd line my organs are failing. Too old for this once a week all nighter.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
At least here locally they seem suddenly more limited. If nothing else I liked best for being one of the few cheaper options left.

I'm not up on brand politics, had no idea reign was monster? Wonder why they ever bother with monster being well the monster in the room.

I've been a Rockstar man forever and now most has stations are down to like 5 flavors. 2 for 4 I'm down to xyience cherry lime and Fujii apple.
My overnight 12 hour I get 2 for 4.50 reign inferno which seem pretty strong, make me feel ill after the 2nd line my organs are failing. Too old for this once a week all nighter.
I've been getting my Rockstars off of Amazon. They go on sale seemingly pretty often, and some flavors are cheaper than others. I just got 2 18 packs of those starburst C4's for like 40 bucks total. I can usually get Rockstars for 3 for 5 at my grocery store, but with the same problem where I can only get the Orange and Lemonade Recovery or Fruit Punch Zero.

Sludig

I've been getting my Rockstars off of Amazon. They go on sale seemingly pretty often, and some flavors are cheaper than others. I just got 2 18 packs of those starburst C4's for like 40 bucks total. I can usually get Rockstars for 3 for 5 at my grocery store, but with the same problem where I can only get the Orange and Lemonade Recovery or Fruit Punch Zero.
Problem is I'm a picky bitch on flavor though more than anything I'm usually looking for their higher caffeine options which seem to go for more or have disappeared.

I miss their 3x or whatever out was called years ago b4 dumb bitches started to od on 5 of them plus liquor shots.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If you mean the Xdurance 300mg ones, they are still out there just hard to find. Amazon has 12 packs of the Sour Apple for 22 bucks atm.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>

Monster launched Reign a couple years ago specifically to compete with the 300mg caffeine, zero sugar, almost candy like flavors of Bang. And BCAAs, whatever the fuck those are. The hilarious thing is they are absolutely convinced that Reign's target market is gym bros. They had Thor Bjornssen endorsements when it came out, had cardboard cutouts of him everywhere. Ain't no fucking gym rats drinking that shit. I've been watching a fuckload of lifting videos lately as I'm starting to take my health more seriously as I age, and I don't see a single person drinking fuckin Reign for their routine, but whatever.

No brands are standing still ever. They're either expanding, buying out competitors or getting bought out. Bang had some distribution relationship with Pepsi for the last couple of years and they've been tanking hard after they were the next big thing a few years ago. I'm sure Monster paid bottom dollar for it, and just plan to bleed them out for a little while before smothering them with a pillow.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
last year Monster sued bang and won big time over false advertising. They had to pull everything off of shelves and the deal with Pepsi over distribution soured. Monster may as well own bang now.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
last year Monster sued bang and won big time over false advertising. They had to pull everything off of shelves and the deal with Pepsi over distribution soured. Monster may as well own bang now.

What a weird fucking story.

Company A - check out this snake oil.

Company B - hey, your promotion of your snake oil hurts us!

Jury - yeah, fuck company A, give company B a shitload of money!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
And BCAAs, whatever the fuck those are. ... Ain't no fucking gym rats drinking that shit. I've been watching a fuckload of lifting videos lately as I'm starting to take my health more seriously as I age,

A) bcaa = branch chain amino acids, or the building blocks to protein. Debatable whether they do anything but they're a gym supplement

Unless you're inspecting people's drinks at tut gym then how do you know what's inside lol

B) caffeine takes 45 minutes to hit peak blood levels so you'd drink it before a workout not during

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
These mother fuckers I ordered a case. days begot delivery tells me damaged in shipping. makes me wait until delivery day to do anything and now wants me to wait 5 days to see if a refund goes through before contacting them
that was supposed to be a subscribe n save coupon to get the savings, how you'd get it so fast?

Sludig

that was supposed to be a subscribe n save coupon to get the savings, how you'd get it so fast?
I ordered it before your post but it reminded me off my current beef

trying to get the black cherry which Ive never seen in store. won't subscribe so still 26/15 for me

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I ordered it before your post but it reminded me off my current beef

trying to get the black cherry which Ive never seen in store. won't subscribe so still 26/15 for me

Black cherry ? What? Monster? Ultra Black?

Shit was discontinued a couple years back.