Enlightened Dark: Ascension EQEmu Server

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I cant get this fucking server working. Every time I think I have the problems fix I get new ones.

I cleaned my computer of everything EQ and reintalled Titanium fresh and copied over all the files on Enlightened Dark's website. Now I am getting this error.

6oTbitY.jpg

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Finally got this working, glad I did, its seriously fun.

Names Wilt, Lancer only level 6.

Zeldagis_sl

shitlord
Going to give it a shot. I presume the world is the same but the classes are the big difference? Also, looks like you can two-box, so that's nice.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Going to give it a shot. I presume the world is the same but the classes are the big difference? Also, looks like you can two-box, so that's nice.
Everything is pretty much completely different and awesome.

Everyone should try this and give it a chance. Once you have all your abilities this is an absolute blast.

I just got level 12 on my lancer last night, started farming my first elites. The flow of everything together is pretty amazing, crafting, quests, elites and what not. Can't wait to try the instances.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there any reasonable way to get Secrets of Faydwer without torrenting it? I checked Steam and didnt see it

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
UF has the beat compatibility for this server apparently, and the UF coversion only works on newer clients just fyi. Well worth the trouble I promise you

Mesenkomaha_sl

shitlord
Spent about an hour trying to set it up. I'm surprised there isn't a guide to connect. People who have only played P99 and aren't very familiar with EQemu are going to have problems getting on without some directions.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
It has to be uf or newer then uf with the conversion files from the website. Also the new eqgame.exe or whatever in the zipped server specific files seemdd to cause me issues so I didnt use it. I just modified my own the way it says to on eqemu.

I beleive the only filea that were causeing me issues with the older clients whers the UI files. Once I had ths UF client installed I had 0 issues making it work. It was the exact same as setting up p99. You just need UF instead of titanium.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
So who all is playing here? Ill be home tomorrow and would be nice to get in a guild and soms instance groups this weekend.

My character is Wilt, level 13 Lancer.

Mesenkomaha_sl

shitlord
I ended up getting it to work. I used a UF package found down at the bay that is meant for The Grand Creation server. I extracted the zip of required files from the website to my EQ directory (minus the eqgame.exe, if I used that it would break). Then I pointed the eqemulauncher to the new directory. Works fine.

I played for about 5 minutes then quit. I don't care about some lame story and I don't want to run around exploring some temple to start. Just remove that part of it and start us outside next to things to grind on. I just don't have the time for searching out NPCs in unknown layouts at level 1.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
That part shouldnt even take 5 minutes....not even sure how you had the patience to get it installed to quit so quickly

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
This server is seriously addictive and fun. Level 45 Lancer now. Wont be able to get back on till Friday since im leaving town for work.

There is way more to this server then meets the eye at the lower levels.

Seriously check it out and support this guys hard work.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Unfortunatly im out of town right now or could pm you the link.

There is info floating around about underfoot downloads. I got hooked up threw PM on the forums of another eq emu that uses underfoot. Do some research and see what servers run it and ask around.

Mesenkomaha_sl

shitlord
Maybe if I could find an UF client somewhere I would.. but no luck so far on teh piratez sites.
Go to the bay and search "everquest" the result "Everquest Underfoot Client for The Grand Creation server" works for me. You'll just have to use the patch from the ascension blog website. Even with 5 seeds I was able to DL it in an hour or two.

Morph_hammer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Okay, got it working.

Rolled a lancer, name's Morph.

Still trying to figure out how the upgrade / crafting / tinkering shit works, but having fun so far.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
The upgrading and stuff is deeper than it looks. Ill be on friday night, my lancers name is Wilt if you have any questions