Enshrouded

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This releases tomorrow (jan 24 2024). Early access though.

Is it as good as it looks? It was mentioned a while ago in the Steam deals thread I think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Enshrouded.

yeah, it had a demo back in nextfest. it was pretty ok. Decent promise for a survival base builder. but also fairly typical. I crashed and lost all my gear at one point.
It generally had a solid amount of positive talk and buzz around it.

It however just got WRECKED by palworld. What unfortunate release timing. This is like battleborn releasing at the same time as overwatch.

This is also EA release, not full release right?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I played the demo. It was very, very solid. Valheim style building, V-Rising style progression, Dark Souls lite style combat. Pretty great combo.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watched someone play it for a bit - it looks fun enough to dick around in. But something about it just doesnt have any "pull" .. and I couldnt figure out why. It doesnt come off as mediocre, but I feel like thats what my brains screaming at my consciousness.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Did they do any optimization for this release? Performance was pretty godawful during the public test.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
This looks cool. Is it enjoyable solo at all, or purely a multiplayer experience?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looks like they have some early access bugs to work out, but hoping this ends up being really great. Time will tell.

Something I've found on accident that has helped me out a lot... you can place something like a foundation in the ground and them remove it to excavate the ground.

Given the way you can build, I feel compelled to have at least a level of my initial base underground, and accidentally found you can just place foundations and remove them to dig.

Amod Amod title should be Enshrouded, please. Thanks!

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, was watching Tangent stream, and one of his friend did that for fast perfectly square mining.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Well, seeing as the Valheim team can't seem to put out content updates in a reasonable time, maybe this one will be something to do. I love the genre.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks like they have some early access bugs to work out, but hoping this ends up being really great. Time will tell.

Something I've found on accident that has helped me out a lot... you can place something like a foundation in the ground and them remove it to excavate the ground.

Given the way you can build, I feel compelled to have at least a level of my initial base underground, and accidentally found you can just place foundations and remove them to dig.

Amod Amod title should be Enshrouded, please. Thanks!
Fixed.

Looking forward to playing this with my brother. I enjoyed the demo.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They really should've delayed release by another 2 weeks or so. By then, people are going to be tired of Palworld and craving a new survival type game. Releasing now is going to hurt their sales a bit because of Palworld's popularity and by the time Palworld gets stale, I think a lot of people will have forgotten about this.

• 2Truth!
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm actually more thematically interested in this but lol palworld. Hopefully it will be decent by the time I'm looking to play another.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This game so far is all about exploration, the amount of hidden things in the world is pretty cool. Combat and crafting is good enough but nothing special.

20240125184000_1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Waiting for multiplayer server progression to get fixed. It still works, afaik, as it did in the beta where if ONE person pushes MSQ quest no one else can do it. Period. Unless you're WITH them when they do it and the MSQ stuff doesn't regenerate. So on a server with 6-10 players, there's 0% chance we can get everyone on for each milestone and everyone else just gets fucked. They recognized the problem and hopefully they fix it, but with Palworld out I'm not as rushed to play this until that gets fixed specifically.

Caliane

This game so far is all about exploration, the amount of hidden things in the world is pretty cool. Combat and crafting is good enough but nothing special.
yeah, watched a couple streamers play it the last two days. tangent and spattercat notable.

Tangent had a weird take, about not comparing it to others when asked what this one does special. "why do we have to compare, why can't be just appreciate it for itself". what a weird take, as if the survival base building market isn't flooded with a bunch of games all practically the same with very little real innovation.

palworld is doing lots of things right in general, but stands out with its cute npc automation. V rising has its sun mechanic, it has its isometric view, terrific pve progression.

So, what did I see here? Terrific intricately hand crafted world. Like valheim is proc gen. tons of people comparing it to that.. but thats a horrible comparison given proc gen versus hand crafted world. Palworld/conan exiles are both hand crafted worlds. palworld is huge, but also quite open, and not very detailed. THIS is much more like Conan, but focusing significantly more on a tightly designed world and dungeons. I think vrising/terraria progression. I think in general this might be more of a single player one. explore the world/dungeons at your own pace. beat bosses, and progress gear tiers, at your own pace.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>

View attachment 511132

Awesome. I've yet to build above ground so far, should probably progress the story/etc a bit more.

Edit: wrong video, this one is from some tweaks today I was showing a friend.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Use the build tool to terraform the earth away. I did it mostly by placing a foundation and then removing it, leaves a void where it was placed.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users