Enshrouded

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah, watched a couple streamers play it the last two days. tangent and spattercat notable.

Tangent had a weird take, about not comparing it to others when asked what this one does special. "why do we have to compare, why can't be just appreciate it for itself". what a weird take, as if the survival base building market isn't flooded with a bunch of games all practically the same with very little real innovation.

palworld is doing lots of things right in general, but stands out with its cute npc automation. V rising has its sun mechanic, it has its isometric view, terrific pve progression.

So, what did I see here? Terrific intricately hand crafted world. Like valheim is proc gen. tons of people comparing it to that.. but thats a horrible comparison given proc gen versus hand crafted world. Palworld/conan exiles are both hand crafted worlds. palworld is huge, but also quite open, and not very detailed. THIS is much more like Conan, but focusing significantly more on a tightly designed world and dungeons. I think vrising/terraria progression. I think in general this might be more of a single player one. explore the world/dungeons at your own pace. beat bosses, and progress gear tiers, at your own pace.
Terraria progression? I'm listening.

One of the best things about Terraria is how it opens up. If you think about where you are at endgame versus the start. You begin the game just kind of putzing around cutting down trees and exploring some caves. By the end you're moving 50x faster and particles are throwing up all over the screen.

And for some reason no one has replicated it. I can't figure out why. I'd love to get a 3d Terraria.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You ran into a bare bones part, yet? Or does the progression look like its carrying on rather normally.
Nope, all pretty thick with stuff to find. Building is starting to get more complex as well. Also didn't realize you have to make some recipes for them to unlock more. Made a secret door and some unrelated stuff unlocked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is honestly a better game in almost every way than Palworld, just without the fun of "gotta catch them all!". But the combat is better, the progression is better, the "feel" of the world is better - it feels 1000x more dangerous, the building system is MILES better, etc. That isn't to say Palword is a bad game, but this game is Valheim with much better graphics and a much cooler feeling world(the way the lore is spread around via little books, pages, caves, etc. like Elden Ring is *chef's kiss*).

Like I said, it's really too bad this released when it did because it's going to get buried by Palworld's success.

Last edited:
  • 4Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Been playing with 3-4 RL friends. I've been really impressed with the lore building and world to explore.

I randomly decided to go the healer tree, and fair warning that it's really fscking broken, in a way that makes pretty much every heal item obsolete. I have next to no stats but I'm AE healing everyone for like 10 health every half second just for existing. Then I poke things with a wand and randomly add 30 seconds to shroud protection for the group.

Worth the price for me at least

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been playing with 3-4 RL friends. I've been really impressed with the lore building and world to explore.

I randomly decided to go the healer tree, and fair warning that it's really fscking broken, in a way that makes pretty much every heal item obsolete. I have next to no stats but I'm AE healing everyone for like 10 health every half second just for existing. Then I poke things with a wand and randomly add 30 seconds to shroud protection for the group.

Worth the price for me at least
So.. broken in an OP way. Got it. lol

• 1Truth!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The wood secret door stands out like what is about to move in an old cartoon.
disappointed fifth element GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Nice just found out if you make magic chests you can use its storage to craft from anywhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have been addicted to Double Jumping ever since Shadow over Mystara.

Caliane

bow/green seems like the right way to play for sure.

double jump. updraft glide. Reduced stam consumption for running, etc. Stam and stam regen on all their gear.
special arrows. flare arrows most effective light source. exploding arrows.
Several bow based puzzles I've found, so even if not going bow.. got to bring one and arrows.

Tangent was complaining about animation lock on his 2h char. was just getting slaughtered in melee by bosses, etc. resorting to using wands all the time.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Who needs to find the door switch when you can just explode the wall...
20240127094205_1.jpg

Don't land in the red stuff...
20240127100751_1.jpg

ALL THE FIBER!
20240128114610_1.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

The game does shine at times with things like that. I need to get up that cliff, and theres no grapple points. and they didnt include climbing for some reason... explosive ball stair case it is.

But theres also absolutely places you need to keep your eyes open for hidden doors/chests/hallways. buried behind rubble, gravestones, behind bookcases, etc.

The problem, theres not enough loot for it. nothing worse then FINDING a cool hidden stash like that, and.. its the same level 10 blue mace you salvaged 10 time already.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Really enjoying the game so far, last Voxel game i played was EQ Landmark and at the time it was something special. Enshrouded did some great work here. It's a solid Early release with tons more to come from what I keep seeing.
Anyway, I am not too far in yet, maybe 15 hours in. Spent the last 3 or so just building with voxels and seeing how they work, there are going to be some amazing builds in this game.
Here is my basic-ish base where I was just seeing how to embex voxel blocks into other voxel blocks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Done for a while since I maxed out what I could, don't really see much else to do except fart around with my base, which I'm not really motivated to do.

Pretty good game so far, some bumps here and there but for Early Access it still has a lot going for it. Some enemies are absolutely nonsense and might need some tweaking, but there's a wide variety at least. Some of the quest markers don't lead to the right place, but that was only a handful out of so many I did. There's lore all over the place and a lot of it is really interesting to read.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I picked up the skill that lets you glide up once per flight. But if you cancel your glider and resummon quickly, you can use it again and basically fly for as long as you have stamina (assuming your mana regen isn't sucky)

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Fairly deep into building a castle. Went with Limestone, will add more to it as more and more things become available, for now, though I've unlocked everything there is to unlock. I'm pretty disappointed with the decorations and decor you can get/build. Hopefully, they add more as time goes on.

1707263320814.png

• 4Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fairly deep into building a castle. Went with Limestone, will add more to it as more and more things become available, for now, though I've unlocked everything there is to unlock. I'm pretty disappointed with the decorations and decor you can get/build. Hopefully, they add more as time goes on.

Pretty cool. You're right about the decorations...is it me or are they all..."ragged"? You make them, but I could've sworn they were all ripped banners and flags, which didn't make sense.