Epic Games Storefront - A Good Incentive for Piracy

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Download Rocket League (Now FTP) on the Epic Store and receive a $10 coupon that's good until Nov 1st.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't realize they had as big of ownership in Epic. I thought is was around 20% not 40%.
China's goal is to buy into everything they can and subvert it. Western corps being slaves to money dont ask questions or think twice when China comes offering them truckloads of cash.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Epic just got a gift. Remains to be seen how much impact it may have on the long run, but could be a big deal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
sorta ... by controlling the entire market they stiffle any such other stores from existing or something like that. Epic tried to sell fortnite via there app and apple said it violated there store policies and kicked it out

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Good. All of it. I hope they force those companies to spin off into their own entities and go it alone. Forcing YouTube to re-monetize all videos and unban a bunch of people because they have to actually worry about their bottom line would be the sweetest nectar.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'd like to see Apple lose control of there little "sandbox" they force all owners into without some sort of jailbreak.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
While the judgement isn't going to come for a long time, things are happening.

TL;DR

Apple: "The exclusive store and 30% fees we do is nothing special, everyone does it."
Epic: "Yes, but the console market sells at cost, while you already made lots of profit on your iphones!"
Judge, looking at Epic: "So?"
Apple & Epic: "Wut?"
Judge, shrugging: "Yes, I understand this suit has enormous implications for the industry, but Epic, your point is?"
Microsoft, Sony & Nintendo, screaming at Epic: "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!"

And if the console makers lose their exclusivity, they are probably going to have to raise the price.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I can't decide if that's a very poorly written article, or the stuff going on in court is pants on head.

spronk

FPS noob
rumored drops on Epic Games Store for rest of month, 1 per day some pretty solid fucking games

image0.jpg

• 6Mother of God
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have Epic and DL every free game but never install any of them. I just want to be a +1 on their metric of 'cheap fucks who use us but don't'.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Uh lots of stuff I probably wouldn't have bought on that list that I wouldn't mind owning in case of, guess I'll have to remember to log in everyday. Horizon Zero Dawn is probably the most surprising though, that shit's still kinda new? Like barely any sale new, and yet it's free already? And it comes with all DLCs since it's a port so there's really no additional money from it possible(stuff like Borderlands which isn't that old I could see being there cause they're planning more DLCs).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've resisted the commies this long.
I feel you. I still haven’t installed anything from them even though I claim all the free shit.

Im hopeful it brings back the old school steam sales. Those were fun to blow $100 on and never play anything and return half of it two weeks later in regret.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user