Epic Games Storefront - A Good Incentive for Piracy

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
the craziest thing i read was how Epic paid $146 million for 6 months exclusive Borderlands 3 on PC. $146m, what..the..fuck

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
They paid 'in advances' - Epic gave them $146 Million, but the first $146 Million in sales goes back to Epic.

In effect, they guaranteed them $146 Million in sales (what, 2.5 million copies), not that Epic gave them an _extra_ $146 Million plus sales. The 'One-Off Fee' and marketing spend at a combined $35 Million _are_ effectively free money for Take-Two.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Before they added BR was the last time I played it for more than 10-20 minutes.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Until they reinvented it as a Battle Royale, pretty much.
I completely forgot that it was going to be a survival type game originally. I was actually pretty excited for it. I remember reading that they were still going to release it, but I haven't bothered to look into it in years.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Funny thing is, I bought it for the co-op survival, but it wasn't that interesting at the time. Don't think I ever tried the battle royal mode.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I can't believe fortnite makes so much money. 4-5 billion a year.
Kids and their fucking skins man.

Friend of mine said he was at his brother's house for Easter. Two nephews for $20 or 30 each and friend said the very first thing the kids said when they got the money is if they can buy apex skins. Multiple this by a few million. That is the current state of gaming.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
From a PDF that was inadvertently put up on the lawsuit fileserver (googly eyes probably just from the tweet I stole this from), which has since been pulled down, here are Epic's efforts to get first party titles from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo on their store:

1620423741972.png

Fucker

Log Wizard
Kids and their fucking skins man.

Friend of mine said he was at his brother's house for Easter. Two nephews for $20 or 30 each and friend said the very first thing the kids said when they got the money is if they can buy apex skins. Multiple this by a few million. That is the current state of gaming.
I used to know a grown male adult who spent $1000+ on Farmville.