Epic Games Storefront - A Good Incentive for Piracy

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
the craziest thing i read was how Epic paid $146 million for 6 months exclusive Borderlands 3 on PC. $146m, what..the..fuck

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
They paid 'in advances' - Epic gave them $146 Million, but the first $146 Million in sales goes back to Epic.

In effect, they guaranteed them $146 Million in sales (what, 2.5 million copies), not that Epic gave them an _extra_ $146 Million plus sales. The 'One-Off Fee' and marketing spend at a combined $35 Million _are_ effectively free money for Take-Two.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Before they added BR was the last time I played it for more than 10-20 minutes.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Until they reinvented it as a Battle Royale, pretty much.
I completely forgot that it was going to be a survival type game originally. I was actually pretty excited for it. I remember reading that they were still going to release it, but I haven't bothered to look into it in years.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Funny thing is, I bought it for the co-op survival, but it wasn't that interesting at the time. Don't think I ever tried the battle royal mode.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I can't believe fortnite makes so much money. 4-5 billion a year.
Kids and their fucking skins man.

Friend of mine said he was at his brother's house for Easter. Two nephews for $20 or 30 each and friend said the very first thing the kids said when they got the money is if they can buy apex skins. Multiple this by a few million. That is the current state of gaming.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
From a PDF that was inadvertently put up on the lawsuit fileserver (googly eyes probably just from the tweet I stole this from), which has since been pulled down, here are Epic's efforts to get first party titles from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo on their store:

1620423741972.png

Fucker

Log Wizard
Kids and their fucking skins man.

Friend of mine said he was at his brother's house for Easter. Two nephews for $20 or 30 each and friend said the very first thing the kids said when they got the money is if they can buy apex skins. Multiple this by a few million. That is the current state of gaming.
I used to know a grown male adult who spent $1000+ on Farmville.