EQ Classic? Not really.

Jhoanna_sl

shitlord
You should help don't need to ask me just log into our open source forums and contribute away, might be doing a 'bang-up' job but shit, I'm doing it and ppl are playing, can't play on vapor. Wheres YL at I have the resources to host anything and a velious db that's about 95% that could be converted to cut down on dev time, problem is a lot of devs don't do open source and that's what we're all about.
Kegz IS doing a bang-up job. The server is awesome. And Kegz is the only open source developer for classic EQ out there. Everything he does is published for free to everyone. How could someone attack that? Must be trollin.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Kegz IS doing a bang-up job. The server is awesome. And Kegz is the only open source developer for classic EQ out there. Everything he does is published for free to everyone. How could someone attack that? Must be trollin.
This thread isn't about Kegz or his server. He is attacking EQClassic. Who's trolling again?

Kegz_sl

shitlord
This thread isn't about Kegz or his server. He is attacking EQClassic. Who's trolling again?
Whoa pal no ones attacking, just saying too bad they cant deliver, shit even offering support knowing it will be turned down because no one wants to open source.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
Do you have downs Kegz? You're not helping your cause by shitting up this thread in addition to your own. No need to spam other threads to promote your server.

Actually wait, never mind! Keep it up, I am curious to see how long it takes you to get banned.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Whoa pal no ones attacking, just saying too bad they cant deliver, shit even offering support knowing it will be turned down because no one wants to open source.
Who cares if it's open or closed? This is supposed to be about making a quality product for the community, not about caring and sharing. But hey, different things drive different people. I'm sure that Yeahlight and co would have packed it in long ago if not for their love of the game and of the craft.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Who cares if it's open or closed? This is supposed to be about making a quality product for the community, not about caring and sharing. But hey, different things drive different people. I'm sure that Yeahlight and co would have packed it in long ago if not for their love of the game and of the craft.
Yes different things drive different people, but sharing is part of making a good product that people know works. Im sure there's a lot of open source software out there you or I wouldn't use unless we saw the code to make sure its clean and does what it intends. It also seems most major companies are moving towards open source in one form or another to increase production speed and diversify their user base by including developers who can in turn make their own iterations which generates more population for the entire community as a whole. I maintain that if all EQ emulated servers were open source the entire community would be bigger and better than it is now, and this is one of the reasons we don't mind sharing our work.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Look, you guys went into the thread Kegz had and wouldn't stop over and over saying why you hated his server. Don't get all report happy when he does the same with another thread or lists his dislikes for something.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. He's just as much able to come here and say what he wants just like you were able to go into the thread he created about his server and do the same.

Get over it and stop with the 1400 reports a day. It's freaking EQ, calm the hell down and if you don't liek what someone has to say then put them on ignore.

axeman_sl

shitlord
The difference is that 1) he shamelessly and unapologetically breaks the forum rules and 2) he routinely lies about everybody who disagrees with him in order to try and "win" the argument by discrediting them as individuals. You're facilitating that. It's not just a matter of people disliking his server, it's a matter of him having flung a barrage of frankly libellous accusations ("you're just a troll I banned for hacking") at literally everyone who posts negative criticism. Apparently, when called out on it, you jump to his defense and try to discourage people from pointing out when he's being an imbecile even though he's pretty much universally loathed here. You might also look into the several accounts that always post right after he does, singing pure praise about everything to do with Kegz and The Sleeper, in suspiciously similar writing styles.

Besides, his posts are about as valid as if Mark Jacobs came on here five times a day to post "Warhammer Online is the most amazing and succesful Warhammer-based MMORPG in existence, everybody who plays it is having a great time." See what I mean? He has made a thread for his server and then proceeded to actively lie about it and anyone who says anything negative about it, to the extent of spamming to flood out the criticism. And when confronted with that, you tell people to calm down and shut up. And then he continues a few hours later, and when people confront him again, you're right there to tell them to shut up once more. If one person is causing a flood of reports, it seems strange to blame everybody but that person. People hate him for a reason, and standing up for him does not reflect well on these forums.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Then put him on ignore.

Also he had 1 other account he was posting from, not several. Want to know how I know that? Because I can see that. So some of those who agreed with him weren't him.

That being said, what he did was agaisnt the rules and he'll be infracted for it and that account has been banned.

But if you don't like what he says ignore him. If we banned people because we didn't like what they said or because they were retarded then we woudln't have a community before long. I can think of at least a dozen others who are "universaly loathed" here and they are allowed to post, Kegz is no different.

Other than the one multi account on here he's broken no rules. I highly suggest you use the board function of not seeing his posts that is already provided for you.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Proxies and internet phones aren't magic.

"Jhoanna said:
The Sleeper is classic as hell,the dev team rocks, they are always responsive to any issue I have had, they hot fix bugs on the spot and have made TONS of progress in the past two months which makesThe Sleeper the ONLY and BEST EQ emulation of Velious. Its fair-- no one gets away with cheating and not RMT's to destroy the economy like in rogean's trainwreck of a server.

AND ITS OPEN SOURCE.So for every one ofyou trolls that is claiming like you can't contribute-- that's an outright lie.Get into mumble, you fools. Talk with the dev team.Every bug we help fix is a bug that no one will have to see ever again because the source-code is public. Truth is--all these troll-tards are doing is working themselves up because people are having a blast on the serverregardless of whether rogean's fanboy's have an aneurysm because someone is offering a better alternative to p99.
Emphasis mine. See the pattern? The exact same rhetoric that Kegz has been spouting in quite frankly every post he makes. It's not some Doylian mystery we're talking about here. Every time he posts his bullshit and someone points out how flagrantly dishonest it is, some other account immediately posts about how absolutely awesome the server is, how every critic is a troll, how every bug is instantly fixed, how people should get on mumble, and how it's the best Velious server in existence. Those exact words, the same ones he uses himself. Look through his post history.

Other than the one multi account on here he's broken no rules.
While these forums don't appear to have a concise list of rules, I'm assuming it adheres at least somewhat to general forum etiquette, i.e. don't spam and don't make a conscious effort to spread misinformation. While he has at least stopped flooding threads with copy-pastes of his server's information, he continues to push his absurd lies about The Sleeper and behaving like an absolute psychopath whenever someone says anything unflattering.

axeman_sl

shitlord
The ignore function isn't very compelling when he's being allowed to continuously spread lies about people. You can't let him do that and then expect people to just let it happen. If you're gonna let him be like that, you're gonna have to let people respond in kind.

HEY EVERYBODY, I KNEW TARRANT FROM HIGH SCHOOL AND HE'S A CRIMINAL METH ADDICT. Don't like it? Just ignore me.

That's my point.

axeman_sl

shitlord
No. You're going to either acknowledge and discourage his campaign of consciously misleading information, or you're going to allow us to respond to him in kind. You can't let a guy lie about people and then force them to ignore it. If that's what you're insisting on then you should ban me because I'm not going to shut up as long as that's how you handle this farce. Then you can be the guy who's siding with Kegz on a forum where damn near everybody hates his guts for very obvious reasons.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't care how you respond to him.

I care about the 1700 reports. Stop reporting it, post how you want, I dont give a crap about that.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
We'll ignore him if we want to, Tarrant. That said, I didn't report his posts, I just told him to stop shitting up the thread. If he's entitled to his opinion, so are we, right?

Move along, nothing to see here, seriously.

Edit: Of course you replied before I posted, so... yeah.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
We'll ignore him if we want to, Tarrant. That said, I didn't report his posts, I just told him to stop shitting up the thread. If he's entitled to his opinion, so are we, right?

Move along, nothing to see here, seriously.

Edit: Of course you replied before I posted, so... yeah.
wink.png

And yes, he can say what he wants just like anyone else can. If he starts copy/pasting shill posts again or posting from multiple accounts that we can IP trace then yes, he'll get RR'ed for it. Other than that you can say whatever the heck you want on these forums pretty much. Sometimes we don't like it but thats just how it works.
smile.png

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I went to his mumble to talk to him about it and he BLEW up at me. Then banned / kicked me. I was very tactful.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This guy is clearly a fucking reject. I say don't ban him, don't shaw his posts, lets just make him our new punching bag.

Stench

Look, you guys went into the thread Kegz had and wouldn't stop over and over saying why you hated his server. Don't get all report happy when he does the same with another thread or lists his dislikes for something.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. He's just as much able to come here and say what he wants just like you were able to go into the thread he created about his server and do the same.

Get over it and stop with the 1400 reports a day. It's freaking EQ, calm the hell down and if you don't liek what someone has to say then put them on ignore.
So you're going to let this guy shit up every other thread on the forums so he can continue to spam promote his server? "Just ignore him" is your solution? Wow.....

He is *only* posting to promote his server, nothing more. This is what rerolled is becoming? Really?

Stench

The ignore function isn't very compelling when he's being allowed to continuously spread lies about people. You can't let him do that and then expect people to just let it happen. If you're gonna let him be like that, you're gonna have to let people respond in kind.
Truth ^