EQ Classic? Not really.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Friday, what did you end up getting banned for on the server?

Also, as much Kegz hate as there is on this forum, you have to give him some credit for creating an open source server to better the current cess pool which is everquest emulation.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
As nice as it is that he's sharing his (few) patches with the entire world, I can't help but look at this as the "everyone give me some time and code to help make my server succeed" kind of open source, rather than the "let's make every eqemu better" kind of open source.

I haven't heard the term open source out of anyone's mouth this much since RMS started preaching.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I went to his mumble to talk to him about it and he BLEW up at me. Then banned / kicked me. I was very tactful.
Experienced this rage twice, banned last week and upon asking what happened via my second account (not online at time of banning), I got raged at and given 7 day suspension on that account also, without explanation of ban or reason for suspension. Still continues to ignore PM's on his own forum. Sometimes kegz can be very easy to talk to, other times good luck. Chalked it up that he hates divinity and didnt want them getting server first enchanter epic /laugh.

Also experienced helping him fix server breaking exploits, that he has yet to fix, and upon enlightening him to fix them and showing him how one can abuse the exploit, he begins to threaten me via accusing me of exploiting when I'm the one showing him the bugs and telling him fix them! GG

First time, was what, got all mobs sent on me in the zone, sent my second account in to check out whats going on, second account gets /slayed then instant deleveled when had no association to the first account.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought Kegz was the guy who had the stoner guild on P99? Maybe you caught him when he wasn't high.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Emphasis mine. See the pattern? The exact same rhetoric that Kegz has been spouting in quite frankly every post he makes. It's not some Doylian mystery we're talking about here.
Tin foil hats for sale, Johannas a different person, hop in mumble sometimes he's on playing having a blast. You cant just go calling every post astroturf while busy astroturfing yourself. Calm down and move on, it seems this is a very pivotal and emotional moment for you that competition exists for a 13 year old game, hate to break it to you but that's life and for shit sake its a 13 year old emulator, go find something better in life to do.

It's unfortunate this project has not yet been launched, if you read some of my posts back there you might see where I offer assistance, more than enough resources available plus when we release the rest of theopen sourcedatabase code they can make a pretty tight velious db to convert quickly.
wink.png

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
F2P boxing destroyed EQMac but I'll try not get started on that rant again

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Friday, what did you end up getting banned for on the server?

Also, as much Kegz hate as there is on this forum, you have to give him some credit for creating an open source server to better the current cess pool which is everquest emulation.
I'm not banned. All that stuff said by Kegz was false. I logged on Friday just the other day actually to chat with Dagga.

My DRUID box that was given to me by someone was banned because a guildie was using hacks on it.

So no, I haven't been banned for cheating / hacking despite the rumors. If you follow the forums you could easily find the name of the person that was using it.

edit

And that's the last I'll say of Sleepers in this thread. Cont'd discussion should take place in that thread we shall not name in the Rickshaw area. EQC has yet to be experienced and already its coming under fire from those who will also go un-named.

But isn't EQ Classic going to have multi boxing too? Either way, I would agree it destroys games. Although personally, it's the only way I would ever want to play EQ anymore. The classes and combat is just too simple otherwise.
frown.png

6 boxing is a glorious thing, once you get it set up well. I couldn't even do it in a modern game, but in ole EQ, it's great. Warrior pulls and hits taunt, and then you don't really need him again. Switch to cleric for a HoT, don't really need him again either. Melee fighter hit autoattack, that's him done. The only one I really need to focus on is the chanter, even the wizzy I can just cast a big spell or two and that's enough from him.

Mainly because its up to PoP, EQC would be Classic, Kunark, or Velious which most people agree were some of the best times.
Hmm. I would probably prefer it to be limited at Velious too, but I don't really care anymore. EQ up to PoP is good enough for me. You only lose a little bit by having the two extra expansions, but it adds more too.

My only issues with EQ Mac, is that the population is a bit low, and I hate feeling like an outlaw because I'm using the PC hack.

That said... if this EQ Classic thing ends up with a decent population, I'll play it.

gn0me_sl

shitlord
Kegz has successfully initiated a counter-troll offensive. I don't agree with his tactics but it's quite hilarious how he's put a boot through the beehive here.

Friday, you should come back. Your OOC chatter was hilarious.

Unless the population is too small to function without boxing. Then it saves games.
Maybe it depends on the amount of boxes. In EQ Mac I basically never group, because I'm too busy masturbating over how awesome it is to 6 box. But in Shards of Dalaya which strictly limits to 2 boxing, I grouped almost all the time. I would solo with my 2 box just fine, but as soon as another player came by I would just team up. Ideally I would drop one of my boxes so I could focus on one. But sometimes I would keep my 2 and with the other person it was half a group. If he has a box it was almost a full group. With one more person we had a full group with just 3 people. And then as more people showed up we just kill off the boxes and had a real full group of 6 people. That was great for grouping, and everyone grouped most of the time.

I actually would choose that as the rule for any server I play on, if I could. Because 2 boxing is awesome. Anything more than that and you barely get to enjoy your class because you are too busy switching to all the others. With just 2 you can end up good enough to play them both to almost their full potential. It lets you solo almost anywhere, but it means you still much prefer a full group because that is always the fastest xp, safest, and best for loot. (And most fun)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It's really not that big of a deal in EQMac. I've been playing for months now and run into it casually. They mostly are just leveling alts in certain places of the game and that's it. Even if you do run into it, they let you tag along and get some levels, they share buffs, and you move along when your name comes up on a list in PC, HHK, or whatever. I get in full groups of non boxers daily. Sure it exists but it impacts one corner of the game and you eventually level out of it. That's not to say they won't park or run another box over to rebuff or something if you in some max level groups trying to grind out some AA's or a quest drop.

Jhoanna_sl

shitlord
"kegz/toop is a faggot"

Lets expound upon this intellectual gem you've bestowed on the world!

Seriously, how could anyone take this troll fest seriously? I can't imagine why you are so cranky!

And to the nutcase that is claiming i'm being mindcontrolled by Kegz, has if ever occurred to you that people who actually know/play on the server simply wont tolerate the nonsense you spew? Seriously, who knows more about the server, me, with four lvl 40 toons on The Sleeper, or you who has never logged on?

At some point you have to realize that its not shillery: The server IS fun. It IS open source. Kegz IS on mumble (I'm with him now!). Bugs ARE being fixed.

Deriding a F2P open source game is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Not to mention its a nostalgic 13 year old game with a very small following. One would think that people could stand together about making improvements for the entire EMU community.

But the beat goes on. The server is not going anywhere-- Kegz is bankrolling it. It will grow. It will become perfected. It is and will be awesome. Forever. For anyone. No favoritism. Just fair, free fun.

Come meet me in mumble and we will talk about it. I'm Isaiah.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I the only one that pictures jhoanna on a leash and collar dutifully follow her master(kegz) around acting like a parrot?