EQ Classic? Not really.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Apparently explaining that the server's development is being put on hold is now the same as "bitching because people won't help me." Can you search a little harder for reasons to insult internet strangers?

YL's company is being sold and he's putting the server's development on hold while he handles his business. That sort of thing typically takes in the neighbourhood of six months. I have no idea how my sharing this information on a forum inspired you to write a long, insult-filled rant.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Apparently explaining that the server's development is being put on hold is now the same as "bitching because people won't help me." Can you search a little harder for reasons to insult internet strangers?

YL's company is being sold and he's putting the server's development on hold while he handles his business. That sort of thing typically takes in the neighbourhood of six months. I have no idea how my sharing this information on a forum inspired you to write a long, insult-filled rant.
Yup. And this isn't the first time he's put the project on hold because of various work related projects and such. He's always came back before, the longest being an 8ish month break. I believe he's definitely in this for the long haul, it's just completely a hobby and at his own pace. He's not rushing to get anything out the door because he seems to be a perfectionist, and from what I've seen so far he actually does do quality perfectionist type work.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
jhoanna was a kegz alt account to talk shit about eq classic with after he got warned to stop on the kegz account

kegz = faggot with worst emu server in history shit talking all other eqemu projects

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
This thread reminds me of the uncle from napoleon dynamite who is stuck in the 80s when he was good at football. EQEMU's are like being ported back to 90s when the world was a better place, pre-9-11, pre war on terror, pre-great recession...

ahh yes, if only we could go back to that wonderful place.

Zacx_sl

shitlord
Dragon Bane spells were quite fricken awesome I gotta say.
Gotta love those "Unresistable" spells on belly-caster mobs, such as nuking Vyemm out of range of his flux-ae

good times good times

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Hopefully YL will come back soon and start moving this thing, sent him a message will let you know if he answers to my proposition, of course it includes open-source so dont get too excited :p

Dumar_sl

shitlord
This thread reminds me of the uncle from napoleon dynamite who is stuck in the 80s when he was good at football. EQEMU's are like being ported back to 90s when the world was a better place, pre-9-11, pre war on terror, pre-great recession...

ahh yes, if only we could go back to that wonderful place.
You forgot the SNES. Games - along with everything else - have been so heavily commercialized, financialized, commodified, and every other adjective that describes the raping of their assholes for every last penny that all we have now is hallowed out, braindead entertainment "accessible" for every single Johnny Retard that wants to participate.

Welcome to the 21st century.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Nintendo could have dominated the market, if only they had a cd drive in the N64. Then FF7 would have been on N64, and all the great PSone games.
Man, I remember buying an N64 on day one because nintendo power showed a next gen final fantasy game, earthbound sequel, and like 4-5 other games that never came out. I was one angry little teenager and still haven't gotten over what a let-down that system was for me. I haven't bought a nintendo home console until it fell to ~$90 since. I mowedso many lawnsto afford that shit at launch.

Tol_sl

shitlord
What are you smoking? N64 was the shit
Eh, it had good games, but not in the genres I liked. I hated early 3d camera angles too. I like rpg/strategy/fighting games and expected n64 to have way more of that. It hurt to see like, dozens of rpgs per year flood the PS1 as a cash-strapped teen when n64 got virtually nothing compared to what the SNES had. Just personal preference.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Eh, it had good games, but not in the genres I liked. I hated early 3d camera angles too. I like rpg/strategy/fighting games and expected n64 to have way more of that. It hurt to see like, dozens of rpgs per year flood the PS1 as a cash-strapped teen when n64 got virtually nothing compared to what the SNES had. Just personal preference.
quest 64 was top 15 OF ALL TIME