EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Where the fuck are my royalties Proto?
They're on retainer until you complete UF with TFO!

On that note though, TFO is looking for more people to join up or return to help finish Underfoot. It's one of the most challenging expansions in EQ and it would be great to start kicking boxes out of raids again. We can get anyone set up with raid gear and levels in no time, so don't be shy.

We've also got the PoP crew still raiding with like 30-40 in the EP's right now. (Yes we're running two separate progression groups atm).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i might be up for that, zaide.

what times do you usually raid, though? my schedule is pretty limited these days.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
i might be up for that, zaide.

what times do you usually raid, though? my schedule is pretty limited these days.
I don't have the time to actively lead/play any longer. I'm pretty confident that the raid times are as follows though:

Raid Schedule (All times are EST)
Monday: 9:00pm - 12ish
Wednesday: 9:00pm-12ish
Thursday: 9:00pm - 12ish
Friday: Off-night
Saturday: Off-night

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We've also got the PoP crew still raiding with like 30-40 in the EP's right now. (Yes we're running two separate progression groups atm).
PoP sounds fun, but I have my 65 War on Test decked out in pretty much full Time gear / max PoP AA already.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When "Mount Key Rings!" is the headline of your expansion, one has to assume it leaves a bit to be desired.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
This is a long shot but I figure I have nothing to lose by asking.

I need to borrow an account with a very high level character capable of withstanding Cazic Touch (the 100k death touch) on the Test server. (or Trakanon I suppose since I have a couple of heroic characters there)

The character will be used to parse resist values on Plane of Sky NPCs, which requires casting many hundreds of spells on a target, so I need a tank. All I can offer you in exchange is my gratitude and an accurate Plane of Sky zone on TAKP.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd give you mine, but I haven't played in over a year and my highest hp characters were only level 100, around 75k hp, and not tanks.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
You can still freely copy to test at will right? I have a raid tank on FV. Actually a slightly dated version may already be on test since I copied a bit ago. general.test tend to troll anyone not on test, so I copied over to pretend to be one of them for some questions.

You'd just need to make sure anyone that sends you a tell if you log in to FV knows you're not me, but unless you spend more than a moment there it shouldn't even come up.

Also, you're still a cunt for encrypting your horde battleground mod. Just reminding you.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Thanks but I got the info of a level 96 SK so I'm set. Cazic Touch mitigates down to a mere 65k damage with full spell shield and the mobs are in a classic zone and the melee damage is negligible, so it's really just a matter of having not much more than 65k hp and some sort of non-damaging aggro ability.

And regarding my addon-- I didn't encrypt it, I merely obfuscated it by running it through a very simple program that replaced variable names with shit like 'lliIIlllIilii1ilIliliiII' and removed all the whitespace. Fixing it to work would have been trivial for even a novice coder. The intent was to delay use for only a few weeks at most. (during the highly active period before BC launched) I was amazed how long it lasted. You always had stinkyqueue or whatever it was called.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
People still on Test? Was thinking of playing a bit just to get my head on right before the progression server announcement. I have no idea where to even begin but the op was very helpful.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Test had a minor Armageddon when they were told they'd have to buy the newest expansion instead of getting it for free.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Test had a minor Armageddon when they were told they'd have to buy the newest expansion instead of getting it for free.
lol.... I can understand not wanting to give an entire server a free ride but they've done it for so long that's pretty harsh. Should have made this decision at the beginning. Not fair to change it now.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Two questions for the long-time Test players:

Why does attacking a test dummy NPC in the arena stop giving skillups after awhile?

And how do you perma-leave General chat? Listening to that channel for 2 minutes makes me want to kill myself and typing /leave all every single login is getting obnoxious.

1.) character is skill capped. on Test, after PLs, 25-100 skillups (offensive/defensive) were capable roughly within an hour on 4 dummies.
2.) to perma leave general, use Alt+O > General Tab, scroll down and uncheck "Join General Channels."

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
1.) character is skill capped. on Test, after PLs, 25-100 skillups (offensive/defensive) were capable roughly within an hour on 4 dummies.
Sometimes skills will simply refuse to go up on test dummies for me. I can go out into the PvP area and attack a merc and they will go up there, but not on dummies. No idea what causes it to stop.

Incidentally weapon skills are also raising so slowly I have to leave my character on autoattack most of a day for one skill to reach the level 60 cap, let alone higher.