EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Do you use 4 dummies in a corner? Spread evenly out. More ripostes, depending on class. Also, you need to turn each dummy "ON" to get the skill ups. I forget the command. /attack on ...possibly

I haven't played on Test in about 10 months, but I doubt they'd tweak all that shit.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a question for those in the know. These Krono things: From what I read they can be bought for 15 dollars and used to fuel 30 days of all access time. Were these added as a way for people to buy access without needing a credit card and recurring subscription? My next question is how do people get so many of them? I saw a guy selling 100 of them and all for much cheaper than 15 dollars equivalent.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have a question for those in the know. These Krono things: From what I read they can be bought for 15 dollars and used to fuel 30 days of all access time. Were these added as a way for people to buy access without needing a credit card and recurring subscription? My next question is how do people get so many of them? I saw a guy selling 100 of them and all for much cheaper than 15 dollars equivalent.
People use them to purchase plat, then the plat seller resells them generally. Not sure how all the dynamics end up working, but almost all Kronos end up going towards subs or currency purchases.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
People use them to purchase plat, then the plat seller resells them generally. Not sure how all the dynamics end up working, but almost all Kronos end up going towards subs or currency purchases.
So I imagine these guys that are selling bulk Krono for 10 dollars a pop are Plat sellers that are willing to take a hit in order to sell quicker? They use their plat to buy Krono from players and sell the Krono for RL money at a major discount. That's all I can come up with.

Raynard_sl

shitlord
So I imagine these guys that are selling bulk Krono for 10 dollars a pop are Plat sellers that are willing to take a hit in order to sell quicker? They use their plat to buy Krono from players and sell the Krono for RL money at a major discount. That's all I can come up with.
Exactly, Someone buys a krono from the market to sell for plat. 2 types of people buy them, the first is individuals who have a bunch of plat and want to save themselves the membership fee. They buy it for plat and consume it for the 30 days of game time. This is the intended lifecycle of a krono.

The other scenario you are pointing out is people with tons of plat who buy lots of krono using plat and attempt to resell it for dollars. They sell at a lower price to entice people away from normal subscription methods to risk getting ripped off in a private transaction. Its not so much to move them quickly, its to provide that incentive to risk a transaction that is not as secure.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I'm wondering what server is the most happening if I wanted to actually do anything with my 95 ranger. Zek is absolutely dead.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Does anyone know if the post 100 exp penalty will apply to AA farming? (aka going back to do lower level farming to get AA points)

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, post 100 you will only get exp or AA exp in CotF or TDS. AAs are easy enough anyway so it's not a big deal. The lame part is post 100 no one you group with will get exp either in anything but those two expansions. It also fucks up things like the alaran tear exp gain.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, post 100 you will only get exp or AA exp in CotF or TDS. AAs are easy enough anyway so it's not a big deal. The lame part is post 100 no one you group with will get exp either in anything but those two expansions. It also fucks up things like the alaran tear exp gain.
Wow..no words can explain how fail that is. I mean I watched that Feb. podcast, and didn't they specifically say that they made some changes to some missions because it was a bad thing when players were herded to a small number of zones and that they wanted to encourage people do do more diverse things? and then they do that?

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait what? If you hit level 100 you can only xp in the last two expansions? Seriously? On Live servers or just test?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Live, they were retards and tried to take WoW's "PREVIOUS CONTENT SHOULD BE INVALIDATED WHEN A NEW EXPANSION COMES OUT" rout, except as awkwardly as possible in a game where that had never been the case before.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow that is super fucking lame. I take it they have no intent on reversing this? What's the general populations attitude? I can't imagine this is well received. Who gives a fuck where people want to XP? I know it's an old game so no one really gives a fuck but this may be one of the dumbest fucking decisions they've ever made, only difference here is that so few play it doesn't really affect anyone.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
An attempt to concentrate players into a smaller area so they can find one another would be my guess. And maybe actually have enough players in the new areas to possibly get together and do the content instead of the usual "buy the tier 1 tradeable loot from the bazaar, farm light blues from five expansions ago for AA, then go back to standing in the guild lobby until the next expansion."

It also kills headshotting, swarm kiting etc without actually nerfing anything. So load up your mage/mage/bard and go experience Everquest with other people in the zone stealing your rares for the first time in a decade.

Or that's the idea, anyway.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
An attempt to concentrate players into a smaller area so they can find one another would be my guess. And maybe actually have enough players in the new areas to possibly get together and do the content instead of the usual "buy the tier 1 tradeable loot from the bazaar, farm light blues from five expansions ago for AA, then go back to standing in the guild lobby until the next expansion."

It also kills headshotting, swarm kiting etc without actually nerfing anything. So load up your mage/mage/bard and go experience Everquest with other people in the zone stealing your rares for the first time in a decade.

Or that's the idea, anyway.
The only problem with that line of thinking is that everyone still did HA's in their own private instances, in the older expansion, to level to 105(group players, raiders play an entirely different game). If they wanted AAs then they just kept running them. Powerlevel? Back to Gribble for more HAs in your private instance. Swarming is already dead so no real danger of much of that going on. After that then yeah, get your mage and roll through the progression quests and ignore rares who's loot does shit all for anyone anyway especially if you raid. We'll get any loot we need from instanced missions and instanced HAs. So the zones are still empty save for the guy 3 botting his way through progression killing trash 10 million HPS at a time while everyone else just quits since developer spite is not much of an incentive to play.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Live, they were retards and tried to take WoW's "PREVIOUS CONTENT SHOULD BE INVALIDATED WHEN A NEW EXPANSION COMES OUT" rout, except as awkwardly as possible in a game where that had never been the case before.
Dumbest thing they ever did. Killed the game for me. Used to go back and pay for 6 accounts for 3 or 4 months a year, but now every time I think about going back I remember that change (and the Head Shot etc nerf) and lose all interest.

double expweekin Norrath. double + double +potions on Test, can get you to 100 in 2.5 hours if you are a raid copy. hit me up!

edit: it's actually not double, but i can still pl you if you want to fuck around