EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Komido_sl

shitlord
Been boxing my ranger and ench. Have them both at 71. Wheres the best place to level up? Been in the hotzones but it seems sluggish.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did you try the farm in DragonScale Hills? Excellent exp and you can get kill tasks nearby for the crows, beetles, and scarecrows.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
TFO is starting DoN progression this week; we're planning on farming Omens of War and Dragons of Norrath for another month or so before we go into Depths of Darkhollow. For anyone who stopped at Omens of War back on Live now is a good chance to get in where you left off. We're hoping to really see the difficulty ramp up with DoDH and beyond.

FYraCZx.png

Titan_sl

shitlord
So. EQ currently reinstalling on my computer because WoW finally bored me to death. Reading up on the FTP, it seems like it's not actually FTP? Lol looks horrible if you don't fork out the 15 a month still.

Also if anyone is playing on Fippy and has a 60ish alt, I quit when we hit VT(Twisted Legion) and haven't played since, look me up

darkko_sl

shitlord
Got my three characters to 46 so we're heading to The Hole. Moved them down there yesterday so hopefully if I can get some time this week I'm gonna start grinding out a few more levels and then switch to AA. Having a blast though. Still need some bard equipment with modifiers on it if anyone has any rotting in their bank somewhere.
smile.png
I didn't see anything in guild bank at the moment but I'll keep checking.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been boxing my ranger and ench. Have them both at 71. Wheres the best place to level up? Been in the hotzones but it seems sluggish.
Plane of Fire C2 until 78 then Fort Mech until 84. in Fort Mech pop your mercs and invis up to the top floor, facing the only way in on top floor the right corner outside is a safe spot with tons of room.

Another alternative in your later 70's if you find a buddy and use his merc also or group is the HoT CY and then the Well at 82. The quest gives 12aa a turn in or so and you can repeat it in HoT CY. Same for the well, we setup at a spot there with the turn in npc that had 3 repeatable quests we turned in over and over while grinding.

Any suggestions on what to do as a 90 bard and 82 ranger? both sitting around 1300aa.
I'd level that ranger up ASAP by headshot swarming and just have the bard AFK. I know at 90 you can head to Feerott (new one) and close out 100 there swarming. Rangers PL people there really fast to 100 headshot swarming, dont know exactly where but I assume ranger forums if not I can ask later.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Can you be more specific with the HoT CY? Where is that at and who are the task npcs?

Any suggestions for solo grinding at 85 as a druid?

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
TFO is starting DoN progression this week; we're planning on farming Omens of War and Dragons of Norrath for another month or so before we go into Depths of Darkhollow. For anyone who stopped at Omens of War back on Live now is a good chance to get in where you left off. We're hoping to really see the difficulty ramp up with DoDH and beyond.
Hey Proto! Good to see you guys are still going strong. Sorry I disappeared. Miss raiding with you guys.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can you be more specific with the HoT CY? Where is that at and who are the task npcs?

Any suggestions for solo grinding at 85 as a druid?
HoT CY you want to port to the new feerott (buy a feerott stone from gnome teleporter in guild hall). When you zone into HoT from Feerott there is NPCs right there to start you on tasks and then inside some more. I dont know about soloing, I used my merc and boxed another toon with a merc as it was my only option as a SK. I would really try to find a group if possible or someone to duo with a merc in HoT through early 80's. The well zone in is one zone over from HoT. If you find a couple of people you can use 2 healer mercs and one tank merc and pull reds / yelllows pretty well as long as they're single.

Here's the path I took leveling last week from 84 to 95 last night with a mage buddy and our mercs.

Fort Mech (SK Swarmed) 80-83
HoT CY 84-86 (500ish AA also)
The Well 87-92
Valley of Xorbb 92-94

Some things no one helped me with that I guess is common knowledge is the zone finder. Open your map and on the top right it says Zone Finder or something, you set your end zone and activate path. Really helped me a lot once I found it. A couple of other things is the free potion at the sony store and ones under /claim. I made a new account and didnt use my old but still had plenty of rewards under claim.

If anyone is on Vox also I can help them out with gear or whatever they need to get going, message me here.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Dinged 95 last night. I can finally leave kaesora library and start HSing in feerrott. HS is max rank now too so it's smooth sailing from here on out.

I'm thinking I should start bringing at least one alt along with me but most of my playtime is on a crusty old laptop and it gets mad at me when I box.

-Alluvia - Test-

Legaeveth

Silver Knight of the Realm
The temples are the area for headshot as a ranger,rogue best bet is to do the temple area with two rangers and no mercs its constant experience and if you're looking to level up some alts its the fastest way of doing it.

Just becareful of the named spawns they can hit quite hard if you're not ready for them.

sATe_sl

shitlord
Joined hot cheetos with my newbie BST sate and my SK Magnuze. Works out pretty well boxing a BST and SK together. Low 50ies now, and the leveling rate is insane. When does it slow down?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boxing and normal grouping slows down from 65-79... but those are prime levels to get power-leveled through, so it's all good
biggrin.png

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Wizard has around 300 more AAs. It may have something to do with the racial (DE vs HE) and class (SK vs WIZ) XP modifiers. Meh, its probably just something going to be one of the oddities that will never be really explained, kind of like how to get Pyzin (sp?) to spawn....
Since they already got the former, you know that someone came over to/copied a post from somewhere else to FoH and explained both the Ancient Cyclops and Pyzjin/Varsoon. Found here on the googlez:

"There are two spawns in Qeynos Hills that can appear as Pyzjn. Their respawn time is 3 minutes.

These NPCs wander the zone. NPCs on these spawns are supposed to despawn at 7am / 9pm, presumably so they will respawn as the correct day or night version. Note that the night in EverQuest is 10 hours long and the day is 14 hours long, making it a little more difficult to find NPCs that only pop at night.

ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION Q2QVarsoonPyzjnMISCmob
MONSTER_1_NAME a_mangy_rat
MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME Varsoon
MONSTER_1_PERCENT 3
MONSTER_2_NAME a_brown_bear
MONSTER_2_NIGHT_NAME a_decaying_skeleton
MONSTER_2_PERCENT 5
MONSTER_3_NAME a_grizzly_bear
MONSTER_3_NIGHT_NAME a_restless_skeleton
MONSTER_3_PERCENT 15
MONSTER_4_NAME a_large_field_rat
MONSTER_4_NIGHT_NAME a_putrid_skeleton
MONSTER_4_PERCENT 30
MONSTER_5_NAME a_fire_beetle
MONSTER_5_NIGHT_NAME Pyzjn
MONSTER_5_PERCENT 7
MONSTER_6_NAME a_gray_wolf
MONSTER_6_NIGHT_NAME a_skeleton
MONSTER_6_PERCENT 20
MONSTER_7_NAME a_giant_rat
MONSTER_7_NIGHT_NAME a_dread_corpse
MONSTER_7_PERCENT 20
"

ANother snippet regarding that spawn.

" One thing I've read a bit about over the years, is Pyzjn's relationship with Tovax Vmar and Varsoon. All speculation, with no proof.

Is there any interaction between them? Personally, I'm not sure there could be. Given that Pyzjn is so rare, and requires active player intervention just to spawn her.

I can't think that the devs would have coded interactions between them, given that the chances of them ever meeting are pretty remote.

But I'd like to know either way

Yep. They are on the same encounter table. When that ZCD spawns at night, there's a 3% chance it will be Varsoon and a 7% chance it will be Pyzjn.

(snipping out the extra stuff)

ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION Q2QVarsoonPyzjnMISCmob
MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME Varsoon
MONSTER_1_PERCENT 3
MONSTER_5_NIGHT_NAM

Uzi_sl

shitlord
hahaha was wondering where the name came from

So i started back up again on cazic, which is where torvo ended up. I had a tink mask and sod from that trak server which bombed but I was able to transfer free, asked for offers in general and some guy gave me 12 kronos. 1 Krono = 17.99 in the sony store, and when used in game gives you 30 days of paid gametime. A year of free eq for some old items I forgot I even had, not bad. Game is a lot more fun with mercs now, at least trying to catch up to end game is. Maybe I will see some lvl 100 raids some day or maybe I will quit again after 3 weeks. Either way it was free and something to do.

Protip for rangers: /autofire works on bows that you aren't supposed to be able to use, it shows yellow in your inventory if you equip it but auto fire does work. Using some crazy damage lvl 95 bow on my 75 ranger and getting 7k+ crits.