EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone got some bard instruments or equipment with modifiers in Hot Cheetos they would be willing to part with? Didn't see any in guild bank.
Just wondering, last I checked the guild bank was empty in Hot Cheetos. Do we need permission or something to look at the items in the guild bank?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Keep in mind, we changed the AA bonus xp quite a bit as a result of the absolute mountain of AA required for a new player to even be relevant at higher levels. This will taper off as you reach higher AA counts.
Speaking of that, any chance you could sort out better control for audio? I'd really appreciate the option to disable the AA ding, for example. AAs are gained so quickly now that the sound loses significance.

Another frustration is the rapid back-to-back "melee swing" sounds and the "monster struck" sounds. Like if you're dual wielding against a wolf all you hear is whoosh/clang/yelp! in this unending cacophony of crap.

There are a lot of sounds I'd like to hear, and I'm forced to take the good with the bad.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just wondering, last I checked the guild bank was empty in Hot Cheetos. Do we need permission or something to look at the items in the guild bank?
Our bank is stack, yo. Everything is set to "Public if Useable". You mighta been looking at your own personal empty bank.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
95% of us posting in this thread are on Test, not FV. If you want to play on FV though, no need to abandon any character, just do /servertransfer and you get transfer to FV for free. Same goes for Test with /testcopy, but that is a true copy/paste and not a character transfer.

Warriors can duo with their cleric mercs just fine, but you will be bored. Everyone comes back to the game wanting to solo/molo and do old content... which is fine, but you will burn out fast unless you are in a progression guild with some sort of goals and focus. Modern era EQ content is fun too, most people just never really give it a chance. Grouping is still where EQ really shines. Be social and EQ will be a much more fun and rich experience.
FV transfers are no longer free. Who are you in game on Test, Fight? I started sending stuff over there before I hooked up with a friend on FV I could send you to give out.

darkko_sl

shitlord
I'm an idiot. Two days ago I made a third character to box, a shaman. Logged him in with my group and thought he was bugged because I couldn't open his spell book. Figured it was just a UI problem and I would fix it later. Put him on auto follow and forgot about it. Logged in last night to get it worked out and I look at the character select screen and it says, Level 37 Beserker. LOL must have misclicked. At least it will only take a little while to get the shm back up with the other characters.
smile.png

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ive been messing around on Vox with a bunch of friends and within a week hit 90 with 500 something AA. PLing is really easy now with a bard up to around 65 from even level 1, having the bard round up a ton of mobs and then sit so merc healer takes agro. You tag them each once, bard uses DS and done.

SK swarming took me from 65-87ish in Fort Mech, I borrowed a guildies SK and learned pretty quickly its all about the mortal coil AA. I started with 20-30 mobs, targetting a light blue while the swarm is inc you use your epic to buy you time waiting for MC to proc (25% chance proc on death of LB mob). When it procs your done, just sit in the corner and riposte shit to death keeping the LBs as a priority on target to keep MC going (2m proc so last a while). After a few pulls I would go between the top 2 floors pulling them entirely and using Visage of Death for a boost on top floor and crimson blade on one below.

Hope that helps anyone starting up again.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Ive been messing around on Vox with a bunch of friends and within a week hit 90 with 500 something AA. PLing is really easy now with a bard up to around 65 from even level 1, having the bard round up a ton of mobs and then sit so merc healer takes agro. You tag them each once, bard uses DS and done.

SK swarming took me from 65-87ish in Fort Mech, I borrowed a guildies SK and learned pretty quickly its all about the mortal coil AA. I started with 20-30 mobs, targetting a light blue while the swarm is inc you use your epic to buy you time waiting for MC to proc (25% chance proc on death of LB mob). When it procs your done, just sit in the corner and riposte shit to death keeping the LBs as a priority on target to keep MC going (2m proc so last a while). After a few pulls I would go between the top 2 floors pulling them entirely and using Visage of Death for a boost on top floor and crimson blade on one below.

Hope that helps anyone starting up again.
On the Bard Pl'n, so the only damage being done to the mobs is from the DS and the bard attacking them? I assume the merc healer just sits there healing itself and getting beat on and DS does the job? or am I missing something.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was using AE slow that does 0 dmg starting at level 1 in CR with around 10 mobs. I found it was much safer having the bard sit to take a tiny bit of dmg and then the merc take healer agro, especially after level 20ish. I would then hit everything one time with the SK, turn on bard DS's (which hit merc) and xp went all to SK. Also I used the hotzones that came in the mails when you leveled. At around 65 the bard still was fine it was just MUCH faster to borrow a SK and swarm.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Darkko I did that same thing but I accidentally made a rogue. I'm like aw yeah shaman love here I come. Even asked in gen chat where my spells could've gone. That's when they asked how powerful shaman backstab is..

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FV transfers are no longer free. Who are you in game on Test, Fight? I started sending stuff over there before I hooked up with a friend on FV I could send you to give out.
Nice ninja change, communication has never been SoE's strong point. Well... just another reason to play on Test then.

My names are Tihm, Rukkas, and Pulson. You will find me on one of those. Kalixxa and Spagae can handle shit as well.

darkko_sl

shitlord
LOL Hinadurus, I was doing the same thing asking in general chat. Luckily no one caught on
smile.png
Although I still can't read any guild chat text cause I copied the bard over from FV and he only has the elvish language... still need to work on that.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
You can use mercs to train language, as long as you put 1 point into a language, just spam group chat from your character with a merc in it and you will max out the skill. I think I spent like 30 minutes and I maxed out maybe 7 languages (elder dragon, high elvish, ogre etc).

Rathmort_sl

shitlord
I'm an idiot. Two days ago I made a third character to box, a shaman. Logged him in with my group and thought he was bugged because I couldn't open his spell book. Figured it was just a UI problem and I would fix it later. Put him on auto follow and forgot about it. Logged in last night to get it worked out and I look at the character select screen and it says, Level 37 Beserker. LOL must have misclicked. At least it will only take a little while to get the shm back up with the other characters.
smile.png
I was going to say something when I was inviting your boxes, but it was the middle of the night EU time and I figured I must have been mistaken
smile.png