EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
There is a VERY significant AA modification for players under 4000 AA (on all servers). The breakdown is something like:

0 - 1000 AA = 1000% mod. ie. 10x the AA
1001 - 2000 AA = 750% mod ie. 7.5x the AA
2001 - 3000 AA = 500% mod ie. 5x the AA
3001 - 4000 AA = 250% mod ie 2.5x the AA

Plus, I think you test junkies have a 100% server XP bonus anyway. I imagine this is why it seems so easy.
It's pretty nuts. On some things I can get 1 AA every kill. Lol.

Might just stay at 66 for a while, and get a few of the good AA abilities. Anything you guys recommend?

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's not the best, but ever since 65 I put myself at 100% aa and just max out every level(other than tradeskills and generic stat shit). It sucks a bit at first because you need to earn 1.2k or so to "catch up" to your level available aa's, but then it's only every 5 levels or so that you have to "stall" to get more aa's. Typically once you level you max out and level again. The difference in strength is so huge. Some classes more than others I'm sure but in general it's hugely noticeable .

I am just douching around when I have time to kill so I've been doing the LDoN charm stone maximization(I know huge waste of time once you level) but each mission used to take me 32ish minutes with my little makeup group now it's maybe 17ish and I've only gained 1-2 levels during that time, rest was all AA.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not the best, but ever since 65 I put myself at 100% aa and just max out every level(other than tradeskills and generic stat shit). It sucks a bit at first because you need to earn 1.2k or so to "catch up" to your level available aa's, but then it's only every 5 levels or so that you have to "stall" to get more aa's. Typically once you level you max out and level again. The difference in strength is so huge. Some classes more than others I'm sure but in general it's hugely noticeable .

I am just douching around when I have time to kill so I've been doing the LDoN charm stone maximization(I know huge waste of time once you level) but each mission used to take me 32ish minutes with my little makeup group now it's maybe 17ish and I've only gained 1-2 levels during that time, rest was all AA.
Just remember that AA XP bonus curve I showed. You might be maxing quite trivial skills at the lower levels, while vastly powerful and more costly ones at higher levels are more important. The more AA you blow on "fluff", the more that AA XP bonus tapers off. Dont get stuck in the long grind for critical abilities later on.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ohh you are completely right that I am, but again my goal isn't to hit max and raid with big boys again. I am done with that. I have my little group and intend to experience 5-8 expansions of content I completely missed and just enjoy myself. So for me it works.

EQ was a great game, still is, obviously has flaws but if you know what you want out of it, it can be a great little time killer. I just don't have delusions of grandeur anymore.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Just remember that AA XP bonus curve I showed. You might be maxing quite trivial skills at the lower levels, while vastly powerful and more costly ones at higher levels are more important. The more AA you blow on "fluff", the more that AA XP bonus tapers off. Dont get stuck in the long grind for critical abilities later on.
If they're doing it on Test they can use /resetAA to reallocate all of their AA's as often as they need to. It's hugely beneficial in situations like that.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
If they're doing it on Test they can use /resetAA to reallocate all of their AA's as often as they need to. It's hugely beneficial in situations like that.
Yeah it is pretty great. I would ghetto bank AA points by maxing out on AA then, spending AA on useless junk then level and /resetaa

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Yeah it is pretty great. I would ghetto bank AA points by maxing out on AA then, spending AA on useless junk then level and /resetaa
In case you or anyone else didn't know, it's not actually 24 hours between /resetaa anymore, you just need to camp or zone to be able to do it again.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
The test server is pretty great so far. It's decently active.

Right now I'm soloing in Bastion of Thunder. if anyone is ever doing any level up runs, let me know. I'm still level 66.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Question for the Faceless Order stuff. I have a 70 mage I can copy over and level to 75 etc for raiding. My biggest issue is going to be gear since I am in pretty much all defiant or non-era appropriate gear. Would it be easier to just level up a new mage from a test copied FV with gear?

Fazana_sl

shitlord
J5 merc get \o/ I'd started the taskline on my 87 necro this morning and got lucky with a 100mage turning up on the third task as he was about to run his alt through it. Just as well he did, I seriously underestimated how hard some of that shit would have been!

Anyone want to do some Old Man McKenzie missions sometime? I need 14 brews to get the Orb Of Tishan which will last me to 100 and I believe you need at least three players and an average level of 80. To be able to buy everything I *think* you need to do all three group missions and then grind away on whichever one might have useable items

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=33870

Edit: This is a nice overall summary of OMMhttp://pakcafaneq.wordpress.com/old-...nzie-missions/

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OMM's are really fun. You get a sense of just how much EQ has evolved when you play them. I really wish they would continue the series and add more content for Kunark and Velious.

I was bored this week and created another alt account on Monday. Did a Druid for shits and giggles. I think he is 80 with 500 AA's or so. Zerker swarming is srs business.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Question for the Faceless Order stuff. I have a 70 mage I can copy over and level to 75 etc for raiding. My biggest issue is going to be gear since I am in pretty much all defiant or non-era appropriate gear. Would it be easier to just level up a new mage from a test copied FV with gear?
Getting level 75 with 1000AA takes about a week or so max. Getting geared takes a few weeks.

The catch is that when you spend a week releveling you won't be raiding. But when you spend weeks getting geared at least you are raiding.

Make that choice and we'll help you out either way.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Started a mage for TFO today, should be maxed out to 75 tonight or tomorrow morning. Name is nocoth, willsapper in hand ready to fuuuck shit up