EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I should be back on Test this week. Had some personal shit happen recently, just gotta school my house mates that hanging out playing games is not anti social. The fucks.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
I tried organizing my spells and gave up when I realized you can just right click the gems and pull them from the list. Most of the time they are the most recent ones in level.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The launchers are a bit odd atm, I originally got the Test launcher and noticed the option to change between live/test was gone BUT if you download the live launcher the option is in that so it's deffo the way to go. I was swapping between zipped up launchpad files until I noticed the difference >.<

I've got smithing up the point where I can make the patterns/templates for plate/chain level 80 Abstruse gear and presumably it wouldn't be much harder to make the 85 Osmium stuff as well. I've got a set of the nodrop remnants on a copymule which I can send across every day or so if anyone needs at some point. Also building up a set of the tradeable 85 items, X y z of Argath etc, just missing the hands and a bracer but I'll check the fv baz every now and then to fill that out.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sk is awesome as fuck once you're like lvl 71-98ish. I found swarming to be pretty damn fun, nothing like rounding up 170ish lblues in Kaesora Library and killing them all at once. I used to make like 70ish AA in a Lessons burn in maybe my mid 80s when I was still getting AA exp mod.
Oh god you just gave me flash backs of when my crazy guild monk wanted to power level us out in the red wastes area by the Grey zone line. He would go and scamper about collecting just about every damn mob in the zone and then flop at our feet and dump them on us as we frantically aoed the bajeesus out of them. The fact that we managed to live most of the time was pretty incredible I just remember cringing as I would see the huge seething mass of death following behind him thinking to myself man this is kind of a scary way to level especially given the death penalties in eq1.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit, my Mage is back! Woot! Level 66, might continue where I left off.

But should I do it on Tunare, or on Test? Where are the majority of RR players?

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Compared to your Necro, do you have an easier job leveling/farming AAs as your SK?

I just came back to the game and played Necro/Bard as my mains back in the day but always wanted a SK.
SK is easier because facetank. You gear and AA out to be able to take brutal punishment, a necro specs to avoid getting hit. So doing things like named for quests is easier (assuming they summon/can't be snared or rooted).

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
what should I box out of mage,bard,necro on test?
Bard is easiest t box with minimal attention. /melody and don't bother looking at the screen again. I did that all the way to 100.

Mage is probably next easiest. Make some hotkeys for pet to attack target and then cast a couple of your best nukes, rinse repeat.

Necro would be good too, but they take a little more micromanagement at the higher levels to stack dots for high dps.

All 3 would be a fine box though. I guess it partly depends on what your main class is. Those are my 3 boxes actually. Necro main, mage alt, bard singing box

moontayle

Golden Squire
The problem I'm having with boxing is that I really don't want to pony up for ISBoxer just to do it effectively. So I'm left with creating hotkeys that toss out a couple of spells and just swapping between windows to fire them off.

Currently run a Ranger/Druid/Shaman combo, but the Ranger is the primary at 75. Most days I just hit HoH and HS the first area to pass the time.

Decappin fucking ruined me. I hit 70, he invited into a Grounds party and I went to 75 and 125 AA in like just over an hour with Lesson and a 30m exp pot.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Decappin fucking ruined me. I hit 70, he invited into a Grounds party and I went to 75 and 125 AA in like just over an hour with Lesson and a 30m exp pot.
Maybe I will play this week everytime I log on there is no one one in rerolled
so I log off minutes later.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
With the EQnext announcement they should have started up a new progression server of some kind. I have a serious itch for EQ right now and live servers are to far gone for me and P99 needs way to much time invested for me.

I can't be the only one.

With the EQnext announcement they should have started up a new progression server of some kind. I have a serious itch for EQ right now and live servers are to far gone for me and P99 needs way to much time invested for me.

I can't be the only one.
i wish they'd make a pvp prog server. it's fucking time for this already amirite?

Moon, i told you it breaks the game man. im leveling up another zerker ill give you wankers the info to. its 95 atm and 2.5k aa, around 3.5 and ill dish out info.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Leveling is still pretty slow. AAs are easy as fuck though, goddamn.

I realized today that the original EQ (Vanilla, Ruins of Kunark, Scars of Velious) worlds actually look much better than what came after in the big graphics updates. I just had an aesthetic that blended WAY better than the stuff in the later expansions. It's kind of odd to realize all of these years later, but Luclin, PoP, etc, all look bland in comparison.

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
Leveling is still pretty slow. AAs are easy as fuck though, goddamn.

I realized today that the original EQ (Vanilla, Ruins of Kunark, Scars of Velious) worlds actually look much better than what came after in the big graphics updates. I just had an aesthetic that blended WAY better than the stuff in the later expansions. It's kind of odd to realize all of these years later, but Luclin, PoP, etc, all look bland in comparison.
Yeah, if you have spent any time on "other games" where leveling might be easier, then its kind of hard to go back. The AA's however, make you feel like you are accomplishing something. This is why I like to play on test.

...or maybe because I'm one of those filthy casuals.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I try to break up the monotony. up to 80 i just stopped every 5 levels and got all the AAs i thought were pertinent. Now I'm going to stop every 2-3 levels (81, 83, 85 etc) and grind the AA, breaks up leveling with AA grinding which has more instant gratification. Also, I will work on other things while leveling. Bayle's Heraldric Crest, Jonas Dagmire's Skeletal hand, epics, augment farming, PL other toons (or what little I can PL), work on progression tasks etc. That way the leveling is just kind of a bonus and I have something to show for it. Plus there is so much stuff I haven't seen, that I can pick different levels to zone in (stopped before 2.0s were completed in OoW).

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leveling is still pretty slow. AAs are easy as fuck though, goddamn...
There is a VERY significant AA modification for players under 4000 AA (on all servers). The breakdown is something like:

0 - 1000 AA = 1000% mod. ie. 10x the AA
1001 - 2000 AA = 750% mod ie. 7.5x the AA
2001 - 3000 AA = 500% mod ie. 5x the AA
3001 - 4000 AA = 250% mod ie 2.5x the AA

Plus, I think you test junkies have a 100% server XP bonus anyway. I imagine this is why it seems so easy.