EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How did you use the Holiday Weekend?

I leveled a Druid from creation to level 92 + 600 AA's over the weekend. Picked up about a 1000 more AA's on my level 100's in the process and geared them up in mostly Tier 4 ROF gear. Tier 4 ROF is shockingly easy. Matter of fact, there is no noticeable difference between a Tier 1 and a Tier 4 zone, which is pretty disappointing. There is something wrong about a Necro rogue pet tanking Tier 4 named and never dropping below 50% health.

In it's entirety, ROF was a below average expansion. I really think the EQ team does not play their own game. The Zone architecture's are probably farmed out some Asian tech-sweat-factory, the mob models are all recycled from expansions going all the way back to PoP, and the items are all churned out by a computer program. The underlying quality and the soul of the game are just not there.

I did a bit of Revamped Mistmoore and Sol B, hoping the uber rares would drop, but I didn't have any luck. The zones are a real challenge, with densely packed mobs, no safe spots, multiple roamers, and fast respawns. It really did feel like old-school EQ, where you had to have a balance group with crowd control and solid tanking. Unfortunately Enchanters don't exist anymore and Bards are all bots, so it was hard to really do much there. The classic dungeons are awesome though and are a reminder why classic EQ is still so much better than modern era. Every pull is a equation that you have to get just right, or you might wipe your group.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I think i've died more in Sol B this last week then 1-100 combined. Will be able to request the first rof t4 mission tomorrow morning so hit me up and come get some stuff. I'm missing maybe three pieces of gear then im maxed out so the rest is up for grabs. The mission is simple and its a loot machine every six hours.

RoF is terrible and hopefully the next one coming up is a tad better

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I went from 99.3 to 100.1 over the weekend with maybe a couple of hundred AA but with my aa bonus being still around 600% another 100% wasn't that noticeable. Going to use HoT prog etc to help me aa up to a more respectable number as I'm pretty low atm.

Not played as much as I wanted today, those little lag spikes that have been around for a week or so seemed especially bad today and seemed to be occurring much more frequently. After eating my third death of the day from either pulling just as one hit or just not getting an FD off etc when needed I rezzed up and logged out.

I'm doing the first Grounds prog task atm, have killed the Golem but the handin is to an npc that is surrounded by 6-7 mobs with the "guard" having see-invis
smile.png
I was going to let the pet and merc sacrifice themselves for me but the final death of the day occured when I hit Scent and lagged, I was brown bread when EQ next updated >.<

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_42435.jpg

• Heroic Adventures ? Mission style content that allow for unique experiences each time you play through them, including a chance at new loot, rares, and currency you can collect and spend at special merchants!
  • Several New Zones Including West Karana, Neriak 4th Gate, Bixie Warfront and the Deadhills!
  • Mercenary Alternate Advancements (AAs) ? A specialized line of AAs that will enable players to customize the skills of mercenaries and make them even more powerful.
  • Mercenary Gear ? The ability for player to manage Mercenary equipment and provide them with powerful weapons and armor.
  • Shared Bank Slots (2)
  • More Spells, Alternate Advancements (AAs) and Gear
  • New Raids
  • New Tradeskills

It sounds like LDON, part 2. I am sure it will be fun for about a month, before the repetition starts to bore you to tears. I actually liked LDON the first time around in 2003, but that was when instancing was still a unique and novel idea. I have kind of soured on it a bit since then... to say the least.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Fight, do you high level guys raid the current content with LoB at all?
If not, why?

Also, how vast is the difference in quality between the T4 RoF group gear and the starting raid gear?

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
How did you use the Holiday Weekend?
On Monday I spent a good 4 hours grinding 2k AAs for my zerker.

I missed Fri, Sat, & Sun for the most part. Which brings up the point: Why does SOE feel the need to force players to choose between spending time on EverQuest and spending time with friends and family on holidays? For a while now, any exp weekend that we've had has happened on holiday.

Don't misunderstand. I'm aware they don't have to offer double exp weekends at all, and I'm grateful when they do. From a perspective of someone who spends time with family on holidays, it feels like an opportunity is wasted every time.

Instead, I would like to see them offer station cash promotions on holidays, which requires little to no time. Use exp weekends to promote other things like new patches, etc.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fight, do you high level guys raid the current content with LoB at all?
If not, why?
I haven't been playing EQ between February and this past weekend. So, I haven't raided RoF. I had finished nearly all the tier 1 and 2 group content in January though. Maybe the RoF raid game is the 2nd coming of Jesus, but I will never know. That isn't the type of gamer I am these days.

For the record, RoF launched more incomplete than Omens of War. It is just that SOE didn't try to hide it and instead justified it with, "lol Lore". But... I am not complaining, being a Test player and all. If I had actually paid for RoF, then I might be mad. I just think it is a shame.

Good thing i maxed my aa's today! Be nice and simple to buy the new ones with the merc stuff
How many AA's does maxing out take? I am up to ~7500 on my Necro.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
10573 - after about 7-8k everything is just kinda pointless. Will be super sweet to reset these 10k clicks

95 3.5 - 100 6.2 on my 2nd zerker. first went from 8.5-10.5. bard went from 7.9-10.3. i have a callus forming, no joke, from where my wrist was sliding against the laptop all week long.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I copied over a bunch of Ancient Cloak of Flames. PM me if you want one, or ask in rerolled:trannies.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Arguably, the best item in the game. For classes that swing a weapon anyways. I'd love to get my hands on 2 or 3.

Do you happen to have any Mistmoore rings?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As a 90 Ranger, what's a good way to PL a 65? I was just gathering trains in BoT for 60-65, but that seemed slow. We're going to try Wall of Slaughter next and see if that's any better.