EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As a 90 Ranger, what's a good way to PL a 65? I was just gathering trains in BoT for 60-65, but that seemed slow. We're going to try Wall of Slaughter next and see if that's any better.
At 90, you should be in the Field of Scale. You can group with and get exp for someone as low as 60. The EXP per kill for someone in the 60-70 level range is pretty insane there.

I have two rangers for headshotting PL. One at level 73 and another at 90. The level 73 one groups with level 50 to 60 in Plane of Nightmare/Decay, then the level 90 takes over to go from level 60 to 70. At level 70, you can group with level 100's for the rest of the way. A level 100 Zerker can take someone from level 70 into their 80's in a few swarm pulls in Tosirak or The Grounds.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Depending on your play time i can log a zerker tomorrow morning if you can just log in and spend aa points. Like 8am est till about 11 then like 12-2. And if youre on test server!

Thanks again Mcqueen!!! Big big help and such an awesome upgrade, wont ever be replaced even as a necro. Gogo ac/hp/spelldamage

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Quite generous sir, thanks. I am however on a normal server, trying to level a friend's new char. I logged in for a burn session and am now at rank... 9. Only 10 more ranks until I can HS in FoS... yeah not happening haha WoS trains here I come!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Is plane of fire way before that? I dont really remember, I just know I trained zaide there one day and kinda felt bad.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's at the right level, just don't have HS that high. I can't imagine the exp would be better than a hotzone, though I could be wrong.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Hitting up HoF group mission 1 after I take a shower and grab a bite to eat. I need two pieces and the rest is rot. Level 100 - Nylab on Test

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Faz, 60k+ Necro DPS

1. Pyre of Marnek
2. Ignite Thoughts
3. Pyre of Hazzarak
4. Termination
5. Binaesa Venom
6. Pyre of Nos
7. Doom
8. Naeya Venom
9. Halstor's Pallid Haze
10. Pyre of the Forsaken
11. Ivrikdal's Pallid Haze
12. Pernicious Wounds

usually land all 12, pop silent casting, empowered focus, merc, then load up my godr set, which uses coruscating shadow instead of pyre of nos, and orb instead of ivrikdal's pallid haze....usually land 10 spells, before godr wears off, but around 7-8 i'll pop funeral pyre, spire, and all my robes, then i land 11 and 12...load my regular set up, minus pernicious, i'll load impel... then it's 1-2, 12, 3-4, 12, 5-6, 12 etc...throw some other dmg clickies, pop embalmers and glyph + 7th vet

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
How is an everquest spell line up 100x more complicated than warcraft, haha. Fucking necros.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, when your DPS rotation requires you to mem entirely different sets of spell gems, your class is fubar. Also they're still using their epic from OoW because the devs refuse to either make the effect phase out or put in a new item with a similar effect.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It's at the right level, just don't have HS that high. I can't imagine the exp would be better than a hotzone, though I could be wrong.
I loved HSing in C2 of PoFire. That shit was the sex. If you're not going to get up to FoS, PoF may be more acceptable to you. If you ever don't have a group available, being able to HS solo AA is pretty fucking convenient.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Also they're still using their epic from OoW because the devs refuse to either make the effect phase out or put in a new item with a similar effect.
It's getting "fixed" in the next expac apparently. Allegedly with some kind of likeforlike replacement which would actually be great but I believe the nerfing of the 2.0/2.5 to have a spell level much more than I do them replacing it
tongue.png

Thanks again to superchap McQueen, was a pleasant surprise when I opened up the parcel vendor today.

Also cheers to Nylab for the camping help and the above raid spell lineup.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So, level 85. Where should I be heading to as an 85 Mage? Haven't had much of a chance to play lately, which has sucked.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I do not know about test server, but on regular server you can also do daily tasks from the npc in PoK. (Teek?)

If you get level 86, you can pick up the "level 90" and the "alternate" tasks from him which each give about 25aa each which are current hot zone kill tasks in House of Thule Grounds, and Veil of Alaris Valley zones. The level 85 one is old bloodfields, and level 80 is hills of shade. 75 I think is ocean green (and even that one can give you 10aa) This is for someone with a low number of aa's of course. Higher numbers will result in fewer aa reward. In about 3 days I have leveled from 85 to 86 and gone from 475aa to about 700ish aa. (Tunare here)

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Faz, 60k+ Necro DPS

1. Pyre of Marnek
2. Ignite Thoughts
3. Pyre of Hazzarak
4. Termination
5. Binaesa Venom
6. Pyre of Nos
7. Doom
8. Naeya Venom
9. Halstor's Pallid Haze
10. Pyre of the Forsaken
11. Ivrikdal's Pallid Haze
12. Pernicious Wounds

usually land all 12, pop silent casting, empowered focus, merc, then load up my godr set, which uses coruscating shadow instead of pyre of nos, and orb instead of ivrikdal's pallid haze....usually land 10 spells, before godr wears off, but around 7-8 i'll pop funeral pyre, spire, and all my robes, then i land 11 and 12...load my regular set up, minus pernicious, i'll load impel... then it's 1-2, 12, 3-4, 12, 5-6, 12 etc...throw some other dmg clickies, pop embalmers and glyph + 7th vet
Necros are waaaay too complicated. My mage alt is so easy to do massive dps. Been working hard at making my necro efficient but it's hard with all the micromanaging spellsets. That being said, THANK YOU Alasliasolonik! So hard to get high dps necros to share their spellsets.

Few questions though for you. If I am reading your lineup and description right, you never use Hand of Death? That must be an accidental omission. Somewhere in your dps run you must pop hand, then use lifeburn to trigger the effect. Also, godr is the one you alternate with dd spells, but you have it in the middle of your rundown, and you say it wears off before you start doing 1-2, 12, 3-4, 12 etc. Am I reading it wrong? Would love some clerification so I can be more effective.
smile.png