EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
gnome monk!!!!!

edit -- just looked at the page.... current voting is Dark Elf Ranger vs. Vah Shir Druid, and Dark Elf Bard vs. Erudite Rogue

Vah Shir Druid and Dark Elf Bard are currently both winning

wtfsauce

can't believe everyone's not geeking out over the chance to be Drizzt Do'Urden

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dark Elf Ranger
Vah-Shir Druid
Dark Elf Bard
Erudite Rogue
Wood Elf Beastlord
Gnome Beastlord
Iksar Beserker
Dwarf Shadow Knight

Dark Elf and Rogue anything is kinda tainted by the ability to get Guise's.

The Gnome or Wood Elf Beastlord is the way to go, because you get a unique new pet also.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
They'll give a clockwork pet to the Gnomes and a Faerie or Brownie pet to the Wood Elves I bet.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Dark Elf Ranger
Vah-Shir Druid
Dark Elf Bard
Erudite Rogue
Wood Elf Beastlord
Gnome Beastlord
Iksar Beserker
Dwarf Shadow Knight

Dark Elf and Rogue anything is kinda tainted by the ability to get Guise's.

The Gnome or Wood Elf Beastlord is the way to go, because you get a unique new pet also.
Barbarian Bard should have been added to the list.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Dev Phathom confirmed they are releasing Plane of War and makingFroglok Monka playable race/class combo.

"In March, we'll be celebrating EverQuest's 15th Anniversary in great form! Still hot after all these years! At SOE Live, we announced that you'll have new Race/Class combinations to play. We have been reviewing your feedback on the forums about what you would like to play, and one combination that frequently comes up is the Froglok Monk. So we're going to be creating that new race/class combination for the Anniversary. That's not the only combination we'll be creating though! Because interest was all over the board, we have selected eight more combinations that you'll be able to vote on. When we start voting, you will be able to vote between two combinations to promote the winner to the next round of voting. This will more than likely be a tournament-bracket style of matchups with one or two matchups to vote on each round until we determine the next race/class combination to be launched in March. More information incoming.

We also promised you the Plane of War. This zone was to be released with the Planes of Power expansion but we were unable to complete the zone in time for that launch. We have wanted to release this zone for a long time now, so we have carved out some time to release it also at the Anniversary. It just made perfect sense to release a nostalgic area during this time."

November Producer's Letter

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
there's flavor text for the new beastlords that reveals what their warders will be

Wood Elf Beastlord
"Nature itself rises up against you, abomination. You cannot win!"
All Feir`Dal revere nature to some extent, but only the most devoted receive the great gift of Tunare: a personal treant protector. Alongside their blessed companion, Wood Elf Beastlords fight to protect nature everywhere, and punish any who seek to upset its balance. The natural warder is eager to gain vengeance for the atrocities it saw and suffered for thousands of years in its helpless form.
VS
Gnome Beastlord
"Engineers' Log, Day 33: Add more grease to saw blade. Replace lamp with plunger."
There's no higher sign of ingenuity in a gnomish community than constructing a mechagnome to do all of life's boring work for you. The finest tinkerers find a way to merge warrior, butler, and laborer into a single hardy creation to accompany them on their adventurers. Two gnomes are better than one, especially when one is made of metal and stuffed with deadly weapons!

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Dark Elf Ranger
Vah-Shir Druid
Wood Elf Beastlord
Iksar Beserker

These are the only Race / Class combos that make any sense to me. *From the given list.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Gnome Beastlord casting all sorts of nature-like spells on a robot pet would just be weird

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Dark Elf Ranger
Vah-Shir Druid
Wood Elf Beastlord
Iksar Beserker

These are the only Race / Class combos that make any sense to me. *From the given list.
I was okay with Erudite Rogue. Dark Elf Ranger only really makes sense because of Drizzt, who was made as a character that doesn't make sense. Otherwise I agree.
I was just telling a friend in-game today that I wished they had put Froglok Monk on there. Glad to see that one is automatically going in.
From the given list, I want the Wood Elf Beastlord, but now that I see the Warder is a Treant? Not sure I like that...might grow on me, though.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think an Iksar Ranger would make a lot more sense. Look at their continent, practically anyone who walks outside in that shit is technically a ranger.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking Dark Elf Ranger due to Nek Forest and the like. I am not that familiar with Drizzt, I really need to get on that. Been basing my choices on EQ lore/world. Treant seems like a nice change of pace, could be cool. Froglok Monk is ace!