EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I remember hearing that mages are OP as fuck. Not sure on specifics though.
Mages are extremely powerful. With the proper gear focus (enhanced minion XIII) and lots of pet AAs they can tank for you like a pro. Toss in a cleric merc and you can solo extremely well.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Is there a noob guide for EQ somewhere? I played way back when it first came out but didn't put much time at all into it. I'm bored and willing to give it a go but have no clue where to start and the default UI is hideous and intimidating lol. Any good custom UIs?

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
OK I had a two box setup with a Paly and Shaman back on Tunare (from E'ci) I got extremely lucky and played with a few people who knew their stuff and eventually got t4 flagged in HoT. I would seriously not mind coming back especially for a progression group as I missed out on a lot of older content. If (what did you call it? Fishbait? whatever the hell that is) a new progression kicks off, let me know. In the mean time I might try to find my account info and see if I cant figure out where my characters are now.

Naewen_sl

shitlord
I'm thinking about de-leveling my 75ish cleric to play with TFO and I have a couple questions. First, I'm curious how epic 1.5/2.0 "raid" fights are going to be handled. Are we going to strictly raid the open world bosses as a group or is it ok for people to kill them on their own and only rely on the guild for the CoA globe? Second, when will people that already have their 2.0s be allowed to equip them? After we get our first CoA globe or after one person of that class has finished their epic from scratch?

Neither of these are going to be dealbreakers for me, I'm just wondering what to expect.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I tried to /testcopy Soygen and got a 'Move error'. Does /testcopy still work or do I have to submit a petition or something?

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Testcopy won't work until the live servers get patched. Test is currently using a newer version so you can't copy atm. Should be this week.

Spynx_sl

shitlord
So last night I healed a classic dungeon thing was a fun experience best part...I was spanning flash of flight and people weren't being healed...odd...I haven't felt like a true noob in years. God it was great

kaxfenix

N00b
any tips on getting an account back if you can only remember the username and not the email address etc? I haven't played since 2002 or so ..

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Call Sony with a credit card or CD-key that is/was attached to the account.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm thinking about de-leveling my 75ish cleric to play with TFO and I have a couple questions. First, I'm curious how epic 1.5/2.0 "raid" fights are going to be handled. Are we going to strictly raid the open world bosses as a group or is it ok for people to kill them on their own and only rely on the guild for the CoA globe? Second, when will people that already have their 2.0s be allowed to equip them? After we get our first CoA globe or after one person of that class has finished their epic from scratch?

Neither of these are going to be dealbreakers for me, I'm just wondering what to expect.
Atm people are killing their 1.5/2.0 mobs on their own, with friends or help from guild. I don't think any of the 1.5/2.0 are raid targets. Worse comes to worse you just ask in guild.

Also can equip 2.0 after the first raid boss dies that drops a globe. I have mine setup to the last turn in, with 2nd bind @ the turn in, so I can pop to it, turn in and get back to raid. Some people have even completed theirs and just waiting for that certain boss to die.

Atm some higher levels run anguish on their own lockout, and will let people come in to loot globes.

Naewen_sl

shitlord
Atm people are killing their 1.5/2.0 mobs on their own, with friends or help from guild. I don't think any of the 1.5/2.0 are raid targets. Worse comes to worse you just ask in guild.

Also can equip 2.0 after the first raid boss dies that drops a globe. I have mine setup to the last turn in, with 2nd bind @ the turn in, so I can pop to it, turn in and get back to raid. Some people have even completed theirs and just waiting for that certain boss to die.

Atm some higher levels run anguish on their own lockout, and will let people come in to loot globes.
Sounds good. My cleric has his 2.0 already and I've got a mage with his 1.5 that I'm thinking about boxing. It's just going to be a matter of de-leveling them from 80 to 70 and figuring out what gear I can use, then starting to fill in the gaps.

Drade

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sounds good. My cleric has his 2.0 already and I've got a mage with his 1.5 that I'm thinking about boxing. It's just going to be a matter of de-leveling them from 80 to 70 and figuring out what gear I can use, then starting to fill in the gaps.
Any gaps not filled are incredibly easy to do so. Between Time, Qvic, Txevu, and Tacvi, we're gearing new members almost as fast as they come in.