EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Surprisingly this game is a lot of fun still even with all of the changes, I enjoy the whole tutorial and Crescent Reach starting area! Is duo'n allowed or is that a bannable offense, I mean do they even care?
If you mean two boxing then they don't care. A large portion of their populace multi-boxes and it is easy to do. They don't actively encourage it but they love people spending cash on multiple accounts.

Naewen_sl

shitlord
With the patch today /testcopy is working again. I just finished copying over a cleric, chanter, mage, and druid. Who in TFO should I talk to about joining? Or should I just submit an app?

Also, is there any way to change your name for free on Test?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
With the patch today /testcopy is working again. I just finished copying over a cleric, chanter, mage, and druid. Who in TFO should I talk to about joining? Or should I just submit an app?

Also, is there any way to change your name for free on Test?
Send a tell to Protocol or Arandrisnz, also yes submit the app, mention that you're from RR.

Sadly there is no free name change option here.

Needless

Toe Sucker
do rangers get anything else that benefits from headshot at level 80 other than Autofire? I've been sitting in PoF PLing my cleric up but it seems like any other ranger is HSing pretty frequently while mine isnt :p

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
do rangers get anything else that benefits from headshot at level 80 other than Autofire? I've been sitting in PoF PLing my cleric up but it seems like any other ranger is HSing pretty frequently while mine isnt :p
Trickshot I think can also proc it. Other then that haste can help a lot. Far as I know nothing makes it proc more often though. You are always at the mercy of the RNG.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
The AE line "Hail of Arrows" (Arc of Arrows? One of the two). Will also proc it, but only on your main target. Hits 4-5 times though so it gives a solid chance of a headshot on your current target when you hit it.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Also, higher rank in HS effects its proc rate which is why HS sucks balls when we first get it. Make sure you max planar power and the expansion specific stat increases because dex will effect rate as well.

As you already know trick shot, haste, a good quiver, and the tempest line/called shots all give more frequency to your shots, thus giving HS a higher chance to proc. A lot of rangers also swap to bow of the destroyer which is a quicker bow to increase rate of fire even further. I personally don't do it because I'm not that hardcore, I like to relax in game and min maxing isn't my thing.

HS really takes off at 81 in PoFire C2. It's amazing AA xp and great plat drops. After C2 I levelled until I could do DSH Minos which weren't nearly as good, but still decent. I skipped FoS entirely and went straight to kaesora library which I love. Its circular and leveled setup is perfect. I also feel it is less populated than feerrott so it allowed me the opportunity to get a ton of AA uninterrupted.

-Alluvia - Test-

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oh right.. I forgot about quivers in EQ. I guess i should get one for mine. He must lack a lot of haste too haha, oopsies.
Wheres a good quiver to get at 80? as for the bow i just usehttp://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=90225that destroyer bow is too much of a pain, and it was too expensive on FV to get.

Last time i played a ranger was like.. 2000 that i got to level 20, then i got bored and PLed one to 80 last year sometime before i stopped playing again. My ranger knowledge is very slim now :p

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah vinelash is pretty sick, so cheap haha
I'll have to see if anybody on test has an extra one of those quivers, thanks for the infos

Ebris_sl

shitlord
Can anyone explain this:
71 SK + healer merc, 79 Wizard + tank merc in MPG killing stuff for 2 hours. (was in MPG for shits and giggles, no real reason)

SK gets 15ish AAs, Wizard gets 24ish.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Can anyone explain this:
71 SK + healer merc, 79 Wizard + tank merc in MPG killing stuff for 2 hours. (was in MPG for shits and giggles, no real reason)

SK gets 15ish AAs, Wizard gets 24ish.
Leadership AA is on?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Did they ever remove the racial XP bonuses? I know they took out the penalties. I seem to recall halflings got XP faster, but I have no reliable sources. I had some XP oddities during my brief return, and I looked into this stuff to no avail. Finding good info amidst 13 years of rumor and conjecture is ridiculously tedious.