EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Noahx

N00b
Anyone know of a good / quick resource that tells you what zones got changed in level (10-50) ... I rolled up a few free accounts and would like to mess around in places I remember...Highpass, Najena, Guk etc... but I think some of these places got major revamps to 60-80+.

Charion_sl

shitlord
Anyone know of a good / quick resource that tells you what zones got changed in level (10-50) ... I rolled up a few free accounts and would like to mess around in places I remember...Highpass, Najena, Guk etc... but I think some of these places got major revamps to 60-80+.
Those are seasonal changes only Unrest, CT, LGuk, Blackburrow, Perma, and Crushbone go up in level I don't remember the ranges. CB and Perm are the higher level then LGuk and CT and the lowest are Unrest and Blackburrow. They have quest armor drops that are not that bad for leveling up. Only other zone changes i can think of are graphical from Prophecy of Ro. Freeport, commonlands, nektulos got new graphics and they jammed Oasis, and S. Ro into one zone. Freeport is a fucking nightmare stay away.

Filoranae_sl

shitlord
(After The Scars of Velious in December 2000) :
-- - Hate and Fear planes receive revamps: New minibosses, better god loot (Mar. 14 2001)
(After The Legacy of Ykesha in February 2003)
-- - Acrylia Caverns, Hollowshade Moor and Grimling Forest receive major revamps (Apr. 23)
-- - Plane of Hate "B" goes live (May 14)
-- - Temple of Droga and Mines of Nurga receive revamps (July 10)
-- - Chardok "B" The Halls of Betrayal goes live (July 10)
-- - Solusek "C" The Caverns of Exile goes live (Aug. 6)
-- - Revamps to Grieg's, The Deep, Charasis, Necropolis, Siren's, The Hole, City of Mist, and Cazic-Thule (Aug 26)
(After Lost Dungeons of Norrath in September 2003)
-- - Plane of Mischief receives a significant revamp (Oct. 9)
Veeshan's Peak revamp goes live (July 14 2004)
Major revamps to Mistmoore and Splitpaw (Jan. 26 2005) - Mistmoore was later reverted to original, Splitpaw is still a high level zone
Nektulos Forest is revamped ahead of the Depths of Darkhollow expansion (Sep. 7 2004)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can bind in Argath, infront of a NPC and attack them to be 1-shot killed and with instant respawn.

Sac'ing doesn't really happen anymore these days. With AA's, you only need 1 Essence Emerald in your inventory to cast spells that require it and it is not consumed.

AngryDwarf

Trakanon Raider
You can bind in Argath, infront of a NPC and attack them to be 1-shot killed and with instant respawn.

Sac'ing doesn't really happen anymore these days. With AA's, you only need 1 Essence Emerald in your inventory to cast spells that require it and it is not consumed.
Ah, okay. Thanks.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can anyone give an up to date report on what factions/alternate currencies are still relevant? There's a lot of info on the net but having not seriously played EQ since GoD came out, I'm finding it hard to say what is outdated or not.

Currently playing a 72 wizard, so far I have been solo kiting my way through TSS and PoP zones. If there's anything that I can work on at that level while getting xp that would be nice, I'd hate to miss a good opportunity to do so.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
From what I've gathered each new expansion makes the last one's gear shitty by comparison, however you still pretty much need whatever expac's gear was the best for the level range you are at. For example you will see a bunch of bazaar goodies with a giant leap in HP every 5 levels starting at 65 or 70 and most fairly cheap because they've been farmed to death. Visible slots are harder to find but you can still get a full set of it at 80 and 85 (which is where i'm at) for like 50k. That should'nt be too hard to save up by the time you're there.

The only thing you really used to have to worry about for faction and alt currencies was for spells but they are now all buy-able in pok library. I used to still do DoN crystals for melee augs, but from what im hearing the newer +damage augs such as the zone wide one from tosk are better and easier to get.

Someone correct me if im wrong , only a week or two back but from what I see the best path to reaching end game these days is solo with merc or 2 box to 80-85 (getting AA's along the way as often as you can tolerate) and then jump into a group in HoT courtyard to 90+. From there I don't know what people do other then 90+ LFG in general.

Also at 75 you can get a journyman rank 5 merc if you can find help from someone 15 levels above you, which I highly reccomend doing even if you have to pay/beg/cyber someone. I just went to the zone with the tasks and found a guy that had a 91 mage that could solo the final mission and he helped me do it basically just to show off that he could.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I wish they would have backtracked that AA so zerkers could get it earlier similar to rogues and rangers though
frown.png

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they make it so it actually procs more now? When it came out last expansion it was pretty much a joke.
It proc's like every other swing. Gear and other AA's might be a factor, I don't know... but my level 100 Zerker can lay waste to Feerott or Tosk. It is a fun novelty and amazing for power-leveling.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have a zerker as part of my trio; Team 2 Chainz. Zerker, Ranger, Enchanter. My zerker is a monster at 82.

Right now I am focusing on my trio; Team Beastiality. Mage, Necro, Beastlord. Pet swarm ownage.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
For the people wanting a more "classic" feel, what do people recommend playing currently? P99, EQMac, or just bite the bullet and pay EQLive?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
For the people wanting a more "classic" feel, what do people recommend playing currently? P99, EQMac, or just bite the bullet and pay EQLive?
Avoid p99 like the plague, EQmac is pretty much the closest thing you can get to classic(spawn tables, damage formulas etc etc), EQlive you are gonna get let down when you try to go to a classic zone cause there have been so many revamps(New FP,LS,Feerrott,Ro)

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
EQ Live still feels classic, but with modern improvements. It's a fun game nowadays.

Filoranae_sl

shitlord
EQ Live still feels classic, but with modern improvements. It's a fun game nowadays.
Very fun
smile.png

TFO started Darkhollow this week. We're not planning to rush through this expansion, since there are a ridiculous (in a good way!) number of side tasks and missions that have great rewards.

We're also still hitting Anguish once a week, and farming Vish and a few other dragons from DoN.

As always, raids start Sunday - Thursdays at 9pm, and Friday / Saturday are free for whatever.

Don't forget Fabled's are coming soon, which brings some different twists to old classic mobs and zones.

kidRiot_sl

shitlord
So it's been years since I researched or messed around with EQ. But after playing P99, I don't have that time, or patience for that kind of grind. So I'm thinking about jumping back into Norrath. Whats the deal with the Fippy server? Is that the "progression" server? Also how is the population? Should I expect to see one or two people, if I'm lucky, in zone?

I'll probably start a new char from scratch.