EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
So, I have been reading up on multiboxing combos. From what I have gathered, mage and mecro pets can tank like champions.
I have also read something about Shamans being able to buff pets so they get this huge damage proc (1kish).
So, with this unconfirmed knowledge, I was looking at quad boxing, Mage, Necro, Shaman, Bard, 2 cleric mercs...thoughts?
Mage and bard is a pretty good brain dead boxing combo. Basically pull with bard, kill with mage and let bard melody. Add a wizard to kill things super fast, or a shaman for harder stuff (better slows). I was able to box pretty much all level appropriate group stuff pretty easily. If shit ever hits the fan bard can fade and pop a cleric merc for rez. Not saying this is best combo but I was able to box just by tabbing, no fancy macros, etc...

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
IMHO, the content right now is just not hard enough to require four boxing shit. That's way too much aggravation and grinding AAs on four classes for so little benefit. My Beastlord has no raid gear at all and can already solo the majority of Tier II group named mobs in this expansion. Two-boxing is more than good enough and will let you take on almost anything.

Filoranae_sl

shitlord
Sendaii is down, and TFO is moving into Demi this week.
DoDh has been a fun expansion so far. Can't wait to see the rest!
rrr_img_14857.jpg

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shards Landing was updated once again today. The portals have been fully constructed, but they are still not active. Here are the messages from each when you try to pass through them:

1. "You place a hand on the portal and your mind is filled with visions of a grand Ssraeshzian temple but you are not transported anywhere."
2. "You place a hand on the portal and your mind is filled with visions of candy but you are not transported anywhere."
3. "You place a hand on the portal and your mind is filled with visions of darkness but you are not transported anywhere."

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
2. "You place a hand on the portal and your mind is filled with visions of candy but you are not transported anywhere."

Didn't PoM have something regarding candy at some point? A clicky maybe?

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
IMHO, the content right now is just not hard enough to require four boxing shit. That's way too much aggravation and grinding AAs on four classes for so little benefit. My Beastlord has no raid gear at all and can already solo the majority of Tier II group named mobs in this expansion. Two-boxing is more than good enough and will let you take on almost anything.
I'm more just doing it because I have access to 4 accounts and its nice to be able to level up a variety of different characters at the same time. You did however, with your BL comment, convince me to swap my 76 BL in for my 76 Shaman.
Thanks!

stacks_sl

shitlord
I'm more just doing it because I have access to 4 accounts and its nice to be able to level up a variety of different characters at the same time. You did however, with your BL comment, convince me to swap my 76 BL in for my 76 Shaman.
Thanks!
I'd have to disagree with what Xequecal said. I'm not sure how the RoF content is easy to solo when it's pretty much the hardest it has ever been (mechanics and straight-up dps done) for a non-raider. Sure, the group gear is pretty decent these days; but even in the best group gear and with sufficient AAs, a tank can get dropped in a few seconds versus a couple regular mobs (named being a lot harder, with a lot of them having 70K nukes in addition to their regular 10-12k hits)... keeping in mind a character in full T2 group gear, a bunch of hp augs, and every STA/hp AA maxed has maybe 85k total.

Not sure what your 4-box combo or what your goal in playing is, but a single air/water mage pet (with appropriate AAs) can tank significantly better then a J5 tank merc, and significantly better then all but the best of raid-geared tanks. It also probably does more DPS then melee characters that don't have raid gear. That's just the pet! That said, if you're using a pet class, you definitely want the pet to be tanking.
Adding a melee, unless it is just going to be standing around, is going to be detrimental to your group later on... at 76 the game is still pretty easy. I think the max mobs hit is like 1100 or something? Maybe 3k by the time you're 80. But then it doesn't ramp up in difficulty. It leaps. Melee become less viable in box setups- still doable, but much more stressful. Not sure if BL can cure poison/disease, but that's something to consider before dropping the shaman as well.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Thanks!
Beastlord is actually not so great when 4 boxing, tbh. It's incredible when you're solo or duo because they have a little of everything, but when you have four classes you can get a better version of everything a BST does. Like, the Beastllord pet is a pretty good tank, not as good as Mage pets but Beastlords also have slow to make up the difference. But if you have a Shaman and a Mage then the Beastlord slow is redundant and so is the pet.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I'd have to disagree with what Xequecal said. I'm not sure how the RoF content is easy to solo when it's pretty much the hardest it has ever been (mechanics and straight-up dps done) for a non-raider. Sure, the group gear is pretty decent these days; but even in the best group gear and with sufficient AAs, a tank can get dropped in a few seconds versus a couple regular mobs (named being a lot harder, with a lot of them having 70K nukes in addition to their regular 10-12k hits)... keeping in mind a character in full T2 group gear, a bunch of hp augs, and every STA/hp AA maxed has maybe 85k total.
As a Beastlord? You use a wizard merc, have the pet tank and you heal the pet. The strength of this combo is that the wizard merc doesn't need LOS to nuke mobs, and you don't need LOS to heal/buff your pet. So against stuff with nasty AoEs, you can just send the pet in while you and the merc heal/dps from around a corner. Beastlords also get the Spellbreaker's Ward (a huge magic absorb for pets) line which means the pet itself takes barely any damage from the magic abilities. Other pet classes can't do this because they don't get the healing AA lines, so their pet heals are very, very weak. They have to use a stupid cleric merc and do the DPS themselves, which exposes them to the AoEs. You have feign death to split groups and get yourself out of trouble as well.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
How long would it take to catch up on test? How long would it take to setup a necro Mage shaman bard team? What's this melody function and I can just chain copy my Druid over for plats?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How long would it take to catch up on test? How long would it take to setup a necro Mage shaman bard team? What's this melody function and I can just chain copy my Druid over for plats?
What's your definition of catching up? Getting pure levels? Which level are you going for, 70's or all the way to 100? Or are you getting a respectable number of AA's along the way? Do you have any power level resources?

Level 1-60 will go very quick, 2-3 hours unless you suck. After 60, it will slow down unless you are power leveled through it. For your average, non-power leveled player, you are probably looking at 5 hours for every 10 levels (after level 60) or 25 AA's per hour. If you have power leveling resources, it is a completely different ball game. I once took a character from creation, to level 90 and 1400 AA's in 8 hours played (double exp weekend and Recruit A Friend).

Melody allows bards to string a series of songs together that play on a loop. For instance, "/melody 1 2 5 7" will loop the those spell gems in that order and start over indefinitely till a missed note or an interruption.

Yes, you can copy any character over, once ever 7 hours or so, and pile up huge stacks of plat.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
This is kind of embarassing after I said most mobs were easy, but can someone who understands the mechanics better than me answer this? We were doing the Avatar of War in the new revamped RoF Kael, and we've got to be missing something. Every time, a few seconds into the fight he does "Avatar of War goes on a rampage!" and our cleric just instantly gibs. Every other mob I've fought in this expansion and the last one, when they do the rampage emote, they just hit everyone in the group or melee range once. This guy actually seems to turn around and melee the cleric when this goes off, and taking a quad hit is usually just instantly fatal.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it's classic rampage, then your cleric is getting onto the agro table second. Designate a ramp tank to shoot an arrow at the boss on inc, and don't heal during the pull...

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
No power leveling resources unless I like run 5 clients
frown.png
then I have a great resource was thinking like I dunno whatever the progression guild is at and use that as my starting point lol

Krozman

N00b
This is kind of embarassing after I said most mobs were easy, but can someone who understands the mechanics better than me answer this? We were doing the Avatar of War in the new revamped RoF Kael, and we've got to be missing something. Every time, a few seconds into the fight he does "Avatar of War goes on a rampage!" and our cleric just instantly gibs. Every other mob I've fought in this expansion and the last one, when they do the rampage emote, they just hit everyone in the group or melee range once. This guy actually seems to turn around and melee the cleric when this goes off, and taking a quad hit is usually just instantly fatal.
Your problem is that the AoW AE rampages, rampages, and also does a 40k AE very often. If you're using mercs they're too stupid to go OOR and you just die.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
wild rampage = aoe melee. Often there's a tiny sweet spot where you can melee at the bleeding edge of range without getting hit by it. Of course max melee range and ramp range is different for every mob.
rampage = single target that always hits the first person to aggro the mob and then goes down the list, unless that person is tanking. (so pull with your rampage tank)

Or, send in a mage pet and range him down while taking no damage from anything and barely needing to heal the pet.