EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thinking about doing the epic for my lvl 90 shaman box, does anyone know if any of the fabled will prevent me from finishing it?

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
Nothing to do with pets, but if you're playing on Test it's worth remembering you can /resetaa once a week, meaning if you find a sweet spot it can be worth filling out on crap AA you have no intention of keeping just because you can reset later and spend them on useful stuff at a higher level.
Just to clarify, you don't need to wait a week to /resetAA on Test. Zoning or camping out and logging back in allows you to /resetAA as much as you want.

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
Just to clarify, you don't need to wait a week to /resetAA on Test. Zoning or camping out and logging back in allows you to /resetAA as much as you want.
At this point why don't they just up the exp more on regular servers to what it is on test, and add all these features like /resetAA?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Next you'll ask to just log in and be given 50,000AA and full raid loot and a button that auto kills anything you target. Go back to wow fgt.

(just in case you were curious how people on the EQ forums would respond)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Minus some pathing issues this is a pretty fun encounter. We beat it a while ago but I hadn't gotten around to uploading it until now.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So I finally have time to play again. Anyone besides the people in TFO still play on Test? I've noticed that Hot Cheetos and Takis' roster has been sort of empty.

It would be nice to group up with some people. I've finally caught up on AA and I'm trying to level my paladin now.

So I finally have time to play again. Anyone besides the people in TFO still play on Test? I've noticed that Hot Cheetos and Takis' roster has been sort of empty.

It would be nice to group up with some people. I've finally caught up on AA and I'm trying to level my paladin now.
I'm still here, we have a channelrerolled:trannies. Few of us are in it throughout the day. I've got a 94 necro and I'm in the process of leveling a little box army now too.

roddo_sl

shitlord
i'm semi active on test, I'm logged in 24-7 but i might be merc grinding while i'm working or sleeping. Look for Roddoe or shinbiter, those are the 2 mains for each of my 3 box half groups. I'm swamped with work but in about a month i'll have a bit more free time and then I'll probably be 6 boxing.

roddo_sl

shitlord
my crew thats merc grinding is 60, and in the hole atm. probably my last day, due to the fact that i get to many aa's while i sleep so i'll outlevel the place today or tommorrow.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I Play on FV.. chars are between 86 and 90 atm, mostly hanging in House of Thule courtyard repeatedly doing the snakes/rotdogs task. Not VoA or RoF enabled on most chars, so not many other better exp options.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Next you'll ask to just log in and be given 50,000AA and full raid loot and a button that auto kills anything you target. Go back to wow fgt.

(just in case you were curious how people on the EQ forums would respond)
I'm really surprised the mods haven't come down harder on the morons who post over on the SOE forums. Factoring in their efforts and SOE's non-existent marketing acumen I'm amazed any new/returning players touch the game.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Thinking about doing the epic for my lvl 90 shaman box, does anyone know if any of the fabled will prevent me from finishing it?
Cannot speak to doing 1.0 as I already had it, but I knocked out 1.5 in a session and did not encounter any Fabled. At 90 you should not have a problem either way.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I did the 1.5 and 2.0 on my ranger yesterday. Kind of beat the do the epic bug out of me now. Might try it again on the shaman at a later time. It was slightly annoying trying to get mobs down to 10-15% to let them de-aggro without killing them. No damage shields, can't face the mob for fear of riposte all while still having to attack with a melee weapon for the quest.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We've started PoR now, the early raids are easy when you're Demi geared but at least they're pretty nice looking.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Unfortunately those trivial, anguish level open-world bosses are needed for flagging. (luckily only once)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How difficult would this be to get into as a new player? Obviously, I played EQ pretty extensively up through PoP(played heavily until Velious, kinda skipped Luclin), but quit just shortly after LDoN. I've been pretty bored lately and decided to maybe mess around. I'm not really interested in multi-boxing or anything fancy, but if the game is a real PITA as a new player, without a second/third/etc. account, I'll probably pass.