EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is crazy how much plat is on test but the bazaar is empty, be nice if it was like FV. Not sure why they would want to limit gear so much, dont they want us to test these things.
Huh? What are you talking about? The gear is supplied by the player-base, not SOE/EQ. In any economy where you have infinite funds and finite goods, the goods are going to be limited. And, to that end, the playerbase going out and acquiring the gear is what they want tested more than anything. They want content to be used, experienced, consumed, and /bugged. If they want to collect player gear/stat data, they can use a test dummy.

Your best bet, is to join a guild who has a stocked bank full of gear and will hook you up. There are many of those on the server.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I played on Test about a year ago and usually there were 5 traders tops mostly selling tradeskill stuff etc, what is up now is paradise compared to then.

Then again I think theres more people afk in the guild lobby right now than the entire playerbase back then so SOE letting people fart around for free on here has made somewhat of a player economy.

Grimson_sl

shitlord
I know, everything is No Drop though so not sure what gear guilds have sitting around in the bank. I am just used to FV where everything is for sale and nothing goes to waste, making things tradeable would bring some life back to what little economy there is on test. I could see if this game was new but its a 14 year old game and i like shopping )

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Because plat has no value on test and never will as long as you can copy it over at will. You can really gear yourself up even to lvl 100 just by getting rots in popular zones 80+ such as the HoT zones and the RoF ones. Below that it doesn't matter much anyway. I see lots of good gear available for pick up if you are willing to travel and a fair number have a CoTH available in zone (imagine that, lots of mages lol).

There's really no reason for stuff in the bazaar because I'm going to guess Sony really doesn't need lvl 1-90 stuff tested for the 50,000th time now that it's already live but rather the T3 RoF stuff that just went in.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, last time I played most of the gear 1-80 was purchased from the item shop or common drop anyway. Its the 80+ shit that ever mattered.

Saban_sl

shitlord
This error message is really starting to piss me off

We currently have a limit on the number of times you can reset a password within a 24-hour period. The account in question has reached the maximum permitted number of resets and must wait until tomorrow to reset again.

Saban_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_22988.jpg

What warriors need are some more activated abilities.

rrr_img_22988.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Whats a good UI for melee these days? I started playing again on and off but been totally out of the loop after 10+ years

Titan_sl

shitlord
I've always used the default. It's really easy to use honestly. I don't understand why you have all those buttons like that. Tasking separate hockey buttons to hot bars 1-10 is so much easier. Then shift over to the bar and press it.

When raiding Underfoot, I had probably 49 hot keys and 1 bar heh. Much cleaner

Agraza

Registered Hutt
You could consolidate some keys and put medium/long duration clickie buffs on a shift page. I don't subscribe to the one bar idea though. I usually run with 3-4 and that's with a lot of consolidation

shit like

/doability 4, /timer 50 (bash and grey button for 5 sec)
/alt act #### (hate ability)
/disc Something Rk. III (knight block)
/alt act #### (hate ability)
/stand

That's a button I'd probably be tapping frequently as a paladin, and I might have 3 along that line. Consolidating DPS and Tanking cooldowns is the easiest. A long string of /disc and /alt acts. Timer uses the same time format as /pause. I think I got the syntax correct, but double check the timer/pause stuff. Neither should have to occupy their own line though. I generally do not like pause at all. It gets you stuck. Avoid if able.

Alt Activation Numbers

HAMsmith_sl

shitlord
I need help with a simple task, moving money to test?!?! I gave some pp to a toon, did /testcopy, and then the toon gave the money back. Log the toon onto test and there is no money. What am I missing here?

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
I need help with a simple task, moving money to test?!?! I gave some pp to a toon, did /testcopy, and then the toon gave the money back. Log the toon onto test and there is no money. What am I missing here?
I relog all my toons after giving them money to transfer over. Try that.