EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Can't find anything definitive Google searching, why does the following macro only cast spells 1 and 3?
frown.png

/pause 35, /cast 1
/pause 35, /cast 2
/pause 35, /cast 3
/cast 4

Seems like I can't get any more than three spells to cast even if I do
/pause 35, /cast 1
/pause 35, /cast 1
/pause 35, /cast 1
/pause 35, /cast 1
/cast 1

I seem to recall I use to be able to chain cast 5 spells on a single hotkey press back in 2005, something change?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I believe... One of the reasons you have to tune your pause times is because the actual cast time of the spell (which varies spell to spell) needs to be factored in as well.

So "/pause 35" is saying pause for 3.5 seconds. Let's say you cast spell with 3 second cast time, then /pause 35... your next spell should go about about .5 seconds after your pause. But, then latency can fuck it up too, so you have to be more generous with your pause times to make them go off without a hitch.

Fierlen

Trakanon Raider
It looks like you have a space between the "," and the "/" on each line. I seem to remember that you cannot have a space between them for each line to function.

Zacx_sl

shitlord
I believe... One of the reasons you have to tune your pause times is because the actual cast time of the spell (which varies spell to spell) needs to be factored in as well.

So "/pause 35" is saying pause for 3.5 seconds. Let's say you cast spell with 3 second cast time, then /pause 35... your next spell should go about about .5 seconds after your pause. But, then latency can fuck it up too, so you have to be more generous with your pause times to make them go off without a hitch.
you also need to factor in 2 seconds for spell gems to refresh

Merquise_sl

shitlord
I tried coming back to EQ but the new models look so stupid, and the zone changes are really bad. I've been playing on P1999, anyone who plays both want to trade some plat? I have a lot of povar quellious I would trade for plat on P1999?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I got a Shaman and Ranger and I wanna add a 3rd box to the mix, what class should I do? And If I can manage how bout a 4th?

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Depends on your level and what you want to do but I'd say a SK would open a lot of doors. I'm a 100 SK and group with a buddy who 3 boxes a Monk, Shaman and a Druid (not the best but it's what he had.) And we can do the vast majority of T3 RoF group shit. SK can swarm starting at like lvl 71ish and from then on is an AA/pl machine until you run out of decent places at lvl 100.

For 4th box I'd say bard or necro maybe. Bard can just sit and melody songs and necro seems to be nuts dps but unsure how much attention they require.

From what I've seen tank merc holds you back more than cleric merc.

My opinion based on how I play.

Krozman

N00b
So I got a Shaman and Ranger and I wanna add a 3rd box to the mix, what class should I do? And If I can manage how bout a 4th?
Nothing wrong with a Bard and/or a tank class. Tank classes require a lot of work to see the best results. If no tank class, a mage would be appropriate.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bard is always a good 3rd box. I just started one tonight, but seems to be slow leveling him up. have a 93 necro and mage to use to help powerlevel him, and there has got to be a trick. Currently pulling with mage and letting mobs DS themselves low then having bard finish them off (he's currently 38). Slow but somewhat effective, unless the bard draws aggro then he does instantly pretty much. I heard just having the bard use a tank merc and putting a DS on the merc is fast too, but I had a heck of a time getting the merc tank to enter combat, and when he did the mobs seemed to take forever to die.

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
Bard is always a good 3rd box. I just started one tonight, but seems to be slow leveling him up. have a 93 necro and mage to use to help powerlevel him, and there has got to be a trick. Currently pulling with mage and letting mobs DS themselves low then having bard finish them off (he's currently 38). Slow but somewhat effective, unless the bard draws aggro then he does instantly pretty much. I heard just having the bard use a tank merc and putting a DS on the merc is fast too, but I had a heck of a time getting the merc tank to enter combat, and when he did the mobs seemed to take forever to die.
Have both of your high levels get a healer merc. Put DS on both of them. Pull a bunch of mobs & bring them to where you set up camp. Sit down so you take some damage, and it forces your healer mercs to heal you and build some aggro. Healer mercs tank mobs with dmg shield on, and keep themselves alive. Bard stands outside of group and hits all the mobs with low level AOE dmg bard song. Bard gets all of the exp.

Be sure to do this in zones where mobs dont run when low on health.

My preferred places are:

25-40 Blightfire Moors (hot zone), northeast skeleton camp. Fast respawn and lots of them.
40-46 City of Mist, whole zone
46-60 Plane of Disease (hot zone), whole zone
60-65 Crypt of Decay, whole zone.

I usually get some AA in Plane of Disease immediately upon hitting 51. You can easily get 500+ AAs with a lesson burn in 3-4 pulls on a normal server. Even better on test server. To prolong your lesson, camp your bard out between pulls.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just a note, the merc isn't entering combat because he is not set properly. Once you have him up and he is in group right click on him, Roles -> tank. He will then attempt to fight and hold aggro off anything that attacks you or that you attack. Otherwise he will just sit around UNLESS you set yourself to "Main Assist" using the same technique, but he won't really try to hold aggro until you put him in tank mode.