EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
And you can max out your gear and AA inside of a week and then have nothing to do but raid. Yee-haw.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Anybody on Test have an extra gnome illusion mask they can hook me up with for my bard?
smile.png

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
So theres another level 60 progression guild again? I just noticed seeing a bunch of level 60s in some guild

They're called Philanthrophy
A few of TFO are in Philanthrophy (as well as some other raiding guilds on Test) since we're on summer break from raiding. My personal opinion is Philanthrophy is going too fast. They've only been raiding a few weeks and are already in Velious -- skipping pretty much all of Plane of Sky, and doing all of Kunark once, and did all of Classic at level 60.

Their numbers sit around 20-25~, so they're compensating by using poisons, defiant gear, and at earlier raids they were using mercs. If they don't slow down, and work on building a roster they will probably get stuck somewhere in Luclin, or compensate even more to beat some of the harder events like Emperor Ssra.

A good chunk of the people there are nice, and I think at least some variation of early content will be a nice change of pace for some of us who have less to do at the moment.

I hope so. I'd PL a character tonight if that was the case. The problem I had with The Faceless is that

1. The content they were at bored me and
2. Gearing was just farmed out by higher levels to speed you up. I missed gearing up with content that you were actually doing.
Prophecy of Ro is snoozer, I'll agree to that. I'll be glad to be done with it.

In regards to higher levels farming gear, we've held a strict policy that pre-looted items can only be worn from bosses we as a guild have killed. This maintains the integrity of the original challenge of the fight, while at the same time allowing us to move at an accelerated pace towards newer content. It's also necessary to help gear newer applicants, since most start fresh at level 25. They usually have no means to gear themselves otherwise like you might find on a TLP server.

TFO isn't for everyone, but I think we've managed to find a great balance for most, given the circumstances of being a progression guild on Test.

kudos

<Banned>
Wrong. It wasn't "JUST".

Yes high levels are used to run 1 or maybe 2 runs of current raid content to help gear out new recruits and members alike. This is done to help speed up the process, If you relied solely on official raids, we would end up spending 4-6 months in a expansion trying to gear people out(churn rate is not fun). That's officially, players themselves can use their own high levels to do what they want. You didn't have to have high levels nor do you have to use any loot that isn't won on a official in-era raid. Also any loot could not be worn until the guild beat the boss that dropped said item,on official raids with the progression characters(ie the level required and in-era gear).

Otherwise all loot came from when you still did the raid with all the in era characters.
Ok but if I wanted an item I'd either hope it dropped the 3 times that mob is killed from a raid or enlist my lvl 100 to just do it for me. Where is the fun in farming it with my high level though? I'm not saying what you are doing is wrong or bad. It's just not "old school" EQ.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Progression guilds should start at POP anyway, because everything prior to that is absurdly broken and trivial. A guild that starts any earlier is a giant warning sign that says "We're just here to do old easy shit for nostalgia and will be gone in a month." Defiant gear makes most raid loot pointless outside of weapons and some foci, and everything outside of raids is made a joke when you can bring in a lv100 to do it all for you. But hey, some people buy a game and put it on easy and turn cheat codes on and they still have fun so who am I to judge.

Of course, on prog server where we have to key everyone and don't have the 1000% scaling AA bonus or lv100s or mercs or defiant gear, we killed ARO on our second visit to Deathknell with 25 players and their boxes. So its not exactly challenging when you do it for real either.

Raiding is actually the boring part anyway. It's more fun taking shit group-geared alts and doing missions and camping crap for them. You take that away by playing on test.

Not that I'm advocating joining me on Vulak. Not unless you can be self-sufficient. (aka, box or bring your own clique) Plus when you go from 50 aa an hour to 5 you'd probably kill yourself.

kudos

<Banned>
Some people just like having rules that don't allow progression past a certain point. If I could find a guild on any server that didn't allow progression past vanilla for 6 months and then just stopped at velious I'd be perfectly happy. That's assuming they didn't use POK and kept it true to the expansion.

I just don't see any point any more to go past that and grouping in early dungeons would be all I'd need. Who really gives a shit about EQ raids anymore anyways? Killing a dragon every now and then is cool though.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
kudos, it's absolutely fucking pointless to do classic crap when TSS revamped the stat and spell system so much that everything is a complete pushover. How much nostalgia do you get from killing AOW with 0 deaths in six minutes right after you set foot in Velious? That shit took 60 people with a full expansions worth of gear 20 minutes to kill, with tanks that could get one rounded even in defensive. Fuck we killed trakanon at level 50. Its BROKEN. Classic eq is GONE.

But whatever, I randomly decided I was too bored to keep playing even on prog. Raiding is boring, boxing is frustrating as fuck, and listening to people yammer in voice chat drives me fucking insane.

roddo_sl

shitlord
I remember being in kael arena just killing giants for faction, easily 6 monthes into velious and a guild was working on vindi. 70+ members, double digits 55+ tanks. They basically were rotating them out as defensive dropped, as they were using ooc to coordinate. I remember we were talking in guild about how they were getting their ass handed to them it seemed, but at the same time that guild was the 3rd or 4th best guild on the server, and just the fact they were able to attempt vindi was saying alot about them as a guild. Velious was no joke when it hit, even for the top guilds. My guild at the time was easily top 10 on torvonnilous, and we had a hard time just farming the arena some nights, as the trash hit like trucks and there was no aa's to fall back on.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
What level do I need to be to be able to do the T5 merc quest as two-box? I currently have an 86 druid and 85 ranger with 1700ish AA's, and those mobs push my shit in.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Some people just like having rules that don't allow progression past a certain point. If I could find a guild on any server that didn't allow progression past vanilla for 6 months and then just stopped at velious I'd be perfectly happy. That's assuming they didn't use POK and kept it true to the expansion.

I just don't see any point any more to go past that and grouping in early dungeons would be all I'd need. Who really gives a shit about EQ raids anymore anyways? Killing a dragon every now and then is cool though.
You'd probably really like Vintage over on EQmac, they are all locked in Velious and I believe working on NToV.

kudos

<Banned>
You'd probably really like Vintage over on EQmac, they are all locked in Velious and I believe working on NToV.
I refuse to pay for EQ anymore or I'd love to play on EQmac. Also, I don't have a mac and I haven't found a guide for setting it up on a PC.

kudos

<Banned>
There's a guide on the first page of the EQ Mac thread, I think about 4th post down or something. It works. Requires some screwing around but not too bad.
Yeah I found that and saw that I had to dualboot. Too much effort for me. I'm fine just making a random character on regular EQ and going through old zones. In fact I feel like making a druid right now.

Don't have to dual boot. That's only if you do it the kind of hardcore way. There is an easier way which is to use the Windows crack. You basically just install the game from the titanium pack, install the EQ Mac stuff off of SOE's website. Then you copy over some cracked files made by some wizkid, and that's about it.

It still takes some screwing around but it's not bad. And the game is pretty solid like that. It's worth it! It's the best version of EQ available afaik.

kudos

<Banned>
Don't have to dual boot. That's only if you do it the kind of hardcore way. There is an easier way which is to use the Windows crack. You basically just install the game from the titanium pack, install the EQ Mac stuff off of SOE's website. Then you copy over some cracked files made by some wizkid, and that's about it.

It still takes some screwing around but it's not bad. And the game is pretty solid like that. It's worth it! It's the best version of EQ available afaik.
Do I just use the same login info as my regular eq accounts?

kudos

<Banned>
Yup! =) And you are free to multi box if you like, as many accounts as you want.
Ok, I'm installing titanium now. I'll make a trio I guess. What should my other 2 be? I'll have a druid and need a tank and something else (chanter or shaman?).

Zaide

TLP Idealist
kudos, it's absolutely fucking pointless to do classic crap when TSS revamped the stat and spell system so much that everything is a complete pushover. How much nostalgia do you get from killing AOW with 0 deaths in six minutes right after you set foot in Velious? That shit took 60 people with a full expansions worth of gear 20 minutes to kill, with tanks that could get one rounded even in defensive. Fuck we killed trakanon at level 50. Its BROKEN. Classic eq is GONE.
I remember watching Across and Beany duo Cazic Thule at level 50 during classic on Vulak. No boxes or anything, just a 50 necro and cleric.