EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Agraza

Registered Hutt
He meant the "So-and-so is inspecting you" message. I miss the old days when everyone got super butthurt when you inspected them. /rosecolored
lol. Yea, I never got that. "omg! he's fondling my goodies, I must defend my honor!" I was so happy when they patched that message out so I could finally inspect everyone without that bullshit.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I probably put 5m into a 52 warrior twink on FV. Full Yttrium armor, that 19/18 GoD piercer and 100% best in slot stuff and I could only get Naggy to about 25%.

blumpster_sl

shitlord
He meant the "So-and-so is inspecting you" message. I miss the old days when everyone got super butthurt when you inspected them. /rosecolored
You could chain spam people with it too. It was glorious. Have the entire raid spam inspect people after they get their epics/super items etc lol

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I probably put 5m into a 52 warrior twink on FV. Full Yttrium armor, that 19/18 GoD piercer and 100% best in slot stuff and I could only get Naggy to about 25%.
You need a Soul Fire and Ivandyr's Hoop and you got it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know there were monks doing it long before mercs existed. He had a bag full of clickies and potions to do it though.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm looking for someone knowledgeable to write and article for me that updates readers what current day EQ is like and the landscape of all the EMU servers are like. PM if interested.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Bunch of necros are going to be pissed if the proposed changes from this beta go live. Lots of talk of cancelling accounts and general bitching from the class that bitches the most. Raid mana changes i guess, looking at you death bloom!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I read the thread, or at least tried to. Everyone just references other threads or talks like they assume everyone knows the details already. Can you copy/paste what the actual purposed changes are?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
New expansion announced:https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...F#post-2996605

Call of the Forsaken: The Western Plains of Karana

The ground rumbles across the plains of West Karana. The land contorts as the barrier between dimensions breaks down. A chasm opens. Lady Lendiniara, a dragon from another dimension, breaches Ethernere and is thrust into our Norrath. Mountains of debris rise. Rivers of lava flow over the land.

Some citizens of West Karana believe that the upheaval marks the end of the world. The guards of Qeynos have entered the plains and set up base camps in order to calm and assist the inhabitants of West Karana. Meanwhile, Ethernere and its mysterious creatures invade Norrath and begin to consume its land and population.

742.jpg

"Are you fearless? Do you not dread my claw, tooth, or breath? Thus far, the only ones who have had the will to approach a dragon are the ones whose insanity has substituted for courage." - Lady Lendiniara

After arriving in this strange alternate universe, Lendiniara's first thought was to reenter Ethernere in an attempt to return to her proper reality. Landing on the floating island of rock in the place where she entered this dimension, Lendiniara searched for passage home but could not find it. And so, here she remains, communing with those that travel through the portals, attempting to find anyone who would help her return whence she came.

744.jpg

Dragons are not often welcome visitors, especially in a land turn asunder by an unexplained cataclysm. A military squad from Qeynos, led by General Brustus Tacitum, has been dispatched to assess the damage done by the invasion from Ethernere. Their mission is to provide aid for citizens in danger, reestablish a sense of order in the region, and destroy the dragon thought to have caused the incursion.

761.jpg

The exposure to Ethernere has even transformed the local wildlife. The numerous giant spiders and bears in the area have fused together, forming a new species of creature known as the ursarachnid. These new creatures, with an instinct to trap their prey and store them in caves, have taken up residence in West Karana.

722.jpg

Lendiniara was not the only being to arrive from Ethernere. When the passage to this dimension opened, the Harrowing Horde came through as well. The beings that make Ethernere their home thrive on living essences, and they have emerged into Norrath to claim the energy of its inhabitants.

Unless Lady Lendiniara can be sent back to the dimension from which she came, the passageway to Ethernene will remain open and all of Norrath will be lost to the gray mists between worlds. With this in mind, will you work to aid Lady Lendiniara, or seek to destroy her?

Pre-order Call of the Forsaken today, and receive a number of great in-game rewards!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
started up an iksar warrior on test. not sure how much i'll play him or how seriously i'll take him.

i used some legacy points to get bags of plat, and now in addition to the /testbuff stuff he has a Fungi Tunic, Helm of Rallos Zek, Boots of the Storm, and a couple other things. at level 27 with a healer merc i was able to go into Kaesora and kill some stuff. not having a snare SUCKS though haha. not sure what i'm gonna do.... not many options for a proc snare wep at my level. i could maybe box another toon, but i mainly started this character because i wanted to be able to mindlessly blow/solo through stuff... dunno if i want to get too involved here.

does the caster merc ever snare or root? or just DD?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The closest thing you get to Utility with Caster Mercs is AE nukes, in addition to the single target ones.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lameeee. there needs to be a CC merc haha.

anyone on Test happen to have a Glaive of Maritek laying around?

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
dude, ditch the healer merc. all classes should use warrior until 60ish+ also, dont buy shit like fungi(though i guess it dont matter on test) 3 pieces of defiant gear at level 35-40 will give you max regen

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
warrior with a warrior merc? i'll give it a shot. and yeah, i wasn't sure about buying the fungi, but the cash was free to me. when i bought it i was pretty sure i would outgrow it in not too long.

grinding in outdoor zones is boring to me. any ideas about how my 27 warrior can root/snare in a dungeon?

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Yeah tank mercs are really where it's at until the 60's. I've always done, Blightfire, Mesa until I could do the Hole, stay in the Hole till green (lvl 72ish) then head to Paw, HoT CY, etc.

Maybe some Howling Stones in my early 50's.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
The necro nerf of deathbloom is a ten minute reuse instead of three. I find all of this very funny because of how much they fucking bitch and moan, every year when the AA talks come up they ask for the most retarded shit you could imagine because they feel they need it (all classes really). Everytime they ask for suggestions for AA ideas its always the same thing, I want unlimited power and mana at all times and to port and to ae rez and to blah blah. Deathbloom was too good to be honest, god fucking forbid you have to stop killing for 1 whole minute and regen instead of killing 24/7 while peeing in jars. As a 98% maxed out group geared necro, there's about 15 mobs I don't want to figure out how to solo just because they spit out adds every 15%. EVERYTHING else outside of raid mobs are 100% molo'ed with ease and some time spent farming some key items.

Breakdown of Burst Mana Regain Abilities Per Class:

1.) Cannibalization (Shm) - +21800 mana, 3 min (2min:20sec) reuse = 155.71 mana/second

2.) Bucolic Harvest (Wiz) - +20688 (rk2), 21722 (rk3) mana, 12 sec cast, 3 sec to 7 min reuse (depending on claw procs) = infinite to 47.89, 50.28 mana/s
Harvest of Druzzil (Wiz) - +15650 mana, 10 sec cast time, 8 min (5min:45sec) reuse = 45.36 mana/s

3.) Death Bloom (Nec) - 2400 mana/tick. 42 seconds (7), 3 min reuse = 93.33 mana/s

4.) Mana Reserve (Mag) - +12000, 18 mins reuse = 11 mana/sec
Gather Magnitude (Mag) - +12,413, 7 mins reuse = 29 mana/sec
Lrg. Mod. Shard (Mag) - +7500, 5 mins reuse = 25 mana/sec
Wand of Phant. Mod. (Mag) - +7500, 5 mins reuse = 20 mana/sec (Cost to cast deducted from figure)

5.) Quiet Miracle (Cle) - 30k hp/mana 10 min reuse = 50 mana/s
Veturika's Perserverance (Cle) - 15k hp/mana, 10 min reuse = 25 mana/s

6.) Focused Paragon of Spirit (Bst) - 329 mana/tick + 272mana, 36sec + ext (10), 2 min (84sec) reuse = 42.4 mana/s
Paragon of Spirit (Bst) - 1270 mana/tick, 36sec + ext (10), 15 min (10min:30sec) reuse = 20.16 mana/s

This was before the Deathbloom nerf.
1.) Shaman 155 mana per second.
2.) Wizard 96 mana per second. (Minimum listed, could be much higher depends on how often claw procs.)
3.) Necromancer 93 mana per second.
4.) Magician 85 mana per second.
5.) Cleric 75 mana per second.
6.) Beastlord 62 mana per second.

This is what we look like now after the nerf.
1.) Shaman 155 mana per second.
2.) Wizard 96 mana per second. (Minimum listed, could be much higher depends on how often claw procs.)
3.) Magician 85 mana per second.
4.) Cleric 75 mana per second.
5.) Beastlord 62 mana per second.
6.) Necromancer 24 mana per second.