EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are just kicking the tires, then Test is the clear choice. Plus, you have the Rerolled community on Test and the option of /test copying gear & exp pots over.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Ooooo I didn't know you could testcopy. That kind of seals my decesion. Will checkout that emu too.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Firionia Vie always seems to be pretty active. Other than that, I hear Xegony has high-end guilds.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Well, I failed on getting my old account back for nostalgia sake. I hadn't logged into it since 2002 and they said none of the information matches. Makes me wonder if the account got compromised at some point =( Guess I'll just restart on test I suppose.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Just remember when youre level 100 with 25k aa's... type /s to suicide when you can't find your way out of a 20x20 space

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
^ sounds like a good story, wanna share?
smile.png

Tide27_sl

shitlord
Does anyone have the hookup for SK or Necro gear that I can /testcopy from FV? Ive been on FV now for almost a month and cant really say I enjoy it too much. Not so much an issue with the game, but there is so little activity going on that there really is nothing to do here other than look for a PL group or log off.

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
Does anyone have the hookup for SK or Necro gear that I can /testcopy from FV? Ive been on FV now for almost a month and cant really say I enjoy it too much. Not so much an issue with the game, but there is so little activity going on that there really is nothing to do here other than look for a PL group or log off.
'

The only thing Test could offer you differently is raiding. There *may* be some grouping at 100? Any grouping below that is a freak accident.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I really don't get when I see all these people say in general chat that they can't find groups or they don't exist. I group with people every single day and there was always someone that wanted to mess around when I was in the 80's. They expect someone to randomly send them a tell saying to come get some exp. You see someone somewhere, go fucking bug them and get in a group. Everyday I do about 7 missions in the new expansion with mostly random people and have a pretty decent time for it being Everquest. Yeah there's downtime but there's also 5 billion other things you could be doing to progress your dude, trophys, max resists, epic, progression quests, testing the limits to see what you can do. I've been doing all the HoT quests in order and it's been pretty fun going through the entire quest line and doing the missions, should be unlocking T4 today and some other random crap

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I tried to get back into P99 and realized I didn't want to go 'that' slow with leveling. Probably make a character on test tonight. We'll see how long nostalgia lasts this go around.

Since I'm going to be starting brand new (as in no chars to testcopy from), what the easiest way to get gear while leveling up or does it matter?

Tide27_sl

shitlord
I really don't get when I see all these people say in general chat that they can't find groups or they don't exist. I group with people every single day and there was always someone that wanted to mess around when I was in the 80's. They expect someone to randomly send them a tell saying to come get some exp. You see someone somewhere, go fucking bug them and get in a group. Everyday I do about 7 missions in the new expansion with mostly random people and have a pretty decent time for it being Everquest. Yeah there's downtime but there's also 5 billion other things you could be doing to progress your dude, trophys, max resists, epic, progression quests, testing the limits to see what you can do. I've been doing all the HoT quests in order and it's been pretty fun going through the entire quest line and doing the missions, should be unlocking T4 today and some other random crap
As someone who quit playing Everquest back during the GoD expansion, I have no clue on where to start. Starting with your list 1 ) Trophys, not familiar with them other than the crafting trophy and the one you got for Planar progression during PoP. 2) Max Resists = raiding / grouping 3) Epic - Completed 4) Progression quests - Never heard of them 5) Testing limits - Grouping again. 6 ) HoT quests - Never heard of it. 7) Missions - Never heard of it 8) Unlocking T4 - Sounds like grouping quest again / Never heard of it.

You have a few raiding guilds on FV, and their primary focus it seems to sell raid gear for plat and convert to real life cash, and then you have the rest of the population that is either 3-4-5-12 boxing or afk in the guild lobby / bazaar. Joined a guild that has over 800+ people on the roster, usually 20+ online at any given time and 17 of those 20 are afk at all times. Hard to even find out what there is to do when most of the population is afk.

Now, if you are in an established guild and have been around Everquest for awhile in the recent future then your perspective may vary of course. For those of us just returning after a 10 year hiatus, its pretty daunting.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
As someone who quit playing Everquest back during the GoD expansion, I have no clue on where to start. Starting with your list 1 ) Trophys, not familiar with them other than the crafting trophy and the one you got for Planar progression during PoP. 2) Max Resists = raiding / grouping 3) Epic - Completed 4) Progression quests - Never heard of them 5) Testing limits - Grouping again. 6 ) HoT quests - Never heard of it. 7) Missions - Never heard of it 8) Unlocking T4 - Sounds like grouping quest again / Never heard of it.

You have a few raiding guilds on FV, and their primary focus it seems to sell raid gear for plat and convert to real life cash, and then you have the rest of the population that is either 3-4-5-12 boxing or afk in the guild lobby / bazaar. Joined a guild that has over 800+ people on the roster, usually 20+ online at any given time and 17 of those 20 are afk at all times. Hard to even find out what there is to do when most of the population is afk.

Now, if you are in an established guild and have been around Everquest for awhile in the recent future then your perspective may vary of course. For those of us just returning after a 10 year hiatus, its pretty daunting.
ZAM EverQuest :: An EQ Community, Wiki, and Database Site

Pretty much all the info you'll need.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, first off it sounds like you are on FV, very unusual server. Most people just make a toon there to buy uber gear and testcopy.

No doubt getting back into EQ is hard, but on normal servers(at least Xegony) there are always groups 70-75+ and people PLing, doing taskadds, etc. Its certainly not the same EQ you left back in 2000, but it's still social and active. You do have to be much more proactive though. The LFG, while still somewhat used, is basically void. Participate in the general chat channel for groups and friends. I see people constantly advertising for guilds there too. Join one of them just to meet people and you can always move up if you want to continue later.

EQ really is a decent game now with the tasks/mission(quest) system. There is so much to do though I find most folks just come back and PL to 80 so they can solo ToV or PoP gods or whatever. Kinda funny that 14 years later that stuff is so perma-camped you can't even find it up. Especially since most of the crap is NODROP anyway, but that's what the majority of the population does I guess...Side note: they should just instance all pre-pop raid zones or something on a week timer. Not like it matter anymore and would feed up the nostalgia chain bigtime.

1.) I don't use trophies so can't talk much about them. I still have not experienced everything new either obviously.
2.) There are a few quests/missions/tasks you can do to increase your maximum resist level
4.) Progression quests were actually fun for me at least. In game type /ach(or open your achievement window) and go to the heros journey section. There are quests starting with the TSS expansion level 1 and all the way through the new expansions. The story is decent, it rewards you with defiant gear basically and then around TBS it starts to give rewards slightly better than defiant, but most, if not all, of the quests in the chain are doable with just you and merc. Ease depending on class of course. It's a good way to see some newer zones and relax. I've been doing them with my group and I've found them to be a total blast. Some of the new stuff is just plain fun actually.
7.) Missions are basically the modern LDoN. Instead of adventures they changed them to be called missions/shared tasks. Honestly I a not sure why....the code behind the system was probably a bit more robust or something. So the only adventures are from the LDoN expansion, everything else is a task or mission. Missions just mean instanced and probably grouped
8.) Unlocking T4 refers to unlocking the higher tiers of your mercenary. Just giving them more power/ability. It is a quest series that I don't know the exact details to but I think it can be done around 80ish or something and you can probably look it up on Alla

EQ will never be at the top again. Just a fact, but the game has improved and is actually quite fun now. You just need to know what you realistically expect out of it. If you truly want to come back and raid it is possible. I would say 1-2 months and you could be 100 with 5k+ aa, and if you think that the playtime for that would be too much, then you can't come back and raid at a competitive level anyway. If you want to raid progression I think there are 3-4 different progression guilds at various stags on various servers. If you just want to come back to slaughter old world mobs....good luck with that one, they are never up.