EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

tarquinn_sl

shitlord
I'd heavily consider re-installing if I thought for even 1 second I could be in a dedicated group of people to do "group content". I have a 95/4k+ SK with t2/t3 VoA raid gear and I just got so damn bored of EQ again I just couldn't take it. I don't even want to raid anymore or be at the "high end". I would play this game in a heartbeat if I could log on to a full group of people and go fuck around in zones and XP and get "group" gear and do the, well, group content. However, I just don't think that is possible anymore between the massive amount of 3/4/5/6Boxers and the "join a guild and find friends" shit that has overrun Everquest. It's almost impossible anymore to /ooc LFG, it just isn't there anymore.

Vorathe_sl

shitlord
So deleveling is certainly easy, but finding suitable GoD-era and before equipment in the Bazaar is definitely a chore, at least on my server (Povar). Zaide, is there any wiggle room here, or would I basically need to buy terrible equipment expecting to be geared fairly quickly from participating (or dying due to lack of gear) in raids?

Javvo_sl

shitlord
So deleveling is certainly easy, but finding suitable GoD-era and before equipment in the Bazaar is definitely a chore, at least on my server (Povar). Zaide, is there any wiggle room here, or would I basically need to buy terrible equipment expecting to be geared fairly quickly from participating (or dying due to lack of gear) in raids?
Personally I plan on boxing through the planes for Ornate gear to get my slots filled. I died 5 times tonight on Zun`Muram Tkarish Zyk because of low resists. Good times.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No I mean everything... one person killing Naggy, Vox, Maestro, Inny, etc.
QueerT, please just leave this thread. Forever. Resist the urge to click on it ever again. Your mindless jabber isn't needed here.

Thanks for understanding and have a great day.

What? I asked a question wtf is your problem? I haven't played EQ since about 2002. I hope you aren't typical of the type of sad cunt who still haunts this once great game.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has nothing to do with the question. This is purely about you.

You are a worthless shit stain on this forum and you somehow think it's your duty to carpet bomb every thread with mindless retardation.

Move along.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide, is there any wiggle room here, or would I basically need to buy terrible equipment expecting to be geared fairly quickly from participating (or dying due to lack of gear) in raids?
You can get the Ornate PoP era stuff pretty quickly, like we can easily get you a full suit in a day. The best bet is to just post on our forums letting people know you're new and need help with some gearing and our guys will get you up to speed really quickly. The members are pretty great at supporting new players provided they know you need a hand with stuff.

As a side note we killed Zun in Txevu tonight, opening up Tacvi. Fight was fun. For anyone who is harboring doubts about raiding due to having joined too many 20 man "progression" guilds in GoD and beyond here is a screenshot of our raid tonight. This is a typical raid, we've had a few over 60 this week so far.

AQc13.jpg

IZPO6.jpg

AQc13.jpg

IZPO6.jpg

Has nothing to do with the question. This is purely about you.

You are a worthless shit stain on this forum and you somehow think it's your duty to carpet bomb every thread with mindless retardation.

Move along.
I ask if people still group and you get all sandy, a picture is now forming in my mind... It's of you, and several others like you, you have not left your home for 13 years and EQ is your entire lives, you can barely type with long yellow fingernails and you are mad at the world for being so scary and yet so fun, but you can't handle it. There are hot girls and fun things out there but that scares you, so you retreat further, deeper and deeper in to your addiction, becoming a bigger and bigger asshole loser. And then one day, you find yourself making bullet points on a forum and getting mad at completely innocent questions and you realize that all is lost.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I see gnomes that aren't corpses. I can not approve of this organization.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Zaide, how do you use the old models still? I can't stand the new character models at all (especially troll/ogre... god they look like shit).

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Find your eqclient.ini file. It is a notepad document and after you open it and scroll down, you will see a bunch of lines with the races and True/False text you can change.

Example:
[Defaults]
Sound=TRUE
FEWindowedModeXOffset=256
FEWindowedModeYOffset=192
WindowedMode=TRUE
ReadOnce=TRUE
UseLuclinHumanMale=TRUE
UseLuclinHumanFemale=TRUE
You probably will want to keep your own character model set to TRUE though, otherwise you will not be able to use mounts.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
necromancer: Duo Partners: Shaman, Beast Lord, and Magician.
Might want to add bard, especially when root rotting you want a bard there, it's just impossible to run out of mana with death bloom and bard song and such.

I returned when eq went f2p, dusted off my old necro that i hadn't played since the end of PoP. Got myepic 2.0 (must have for a necro, if they see you max level without one you will be mocked, and generally ignored, the epic 2.0 is simply the best thing a necro can have, despite the shitty stats, but don't ignore it because of crappy hp ad int, the effect is gold for a necro.) i got max level and a ton of gear, and got fucking bored soloing again. I might pop back on in a while, but i dunno if i will go gold again. VoA is a good expansion but the flagging is still rediculous.

If you have a old charCter arond lvl 65, it's stupid easy to level and stay alive wearing deviant armor. No need to raid ToV or anything because deviant armor blows everything out of the water pre HoT. Then it's mainly get tier gear from HoT and eventually VoA.

Sceleris on quellious server, but when i get back i might pop to a different server....

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might want to add bard, especially when root rotting you want a bard there, it's just impossible to run out of mana with death bloom and bard song and such.
Ya, you are right. My main is a level 100 Necro and Bards are great partners. The DoT focus they have is pretty ridiculous. I was group with one recently and one of my DoT ticked for 120k, lol.

Did you ever get the Aug for the epic 2.0? I think most people call it the 2.5 at that point?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide, how do you use the old models still? I can't stand the new character models at all (especially troll/ogre... god they look like shit).
Open up the EQ launcher and click the small gears symbol in the bottom left. This will open a small sidebar menu; click game configuration and it will give you the options for char models.

P.s. If you also want the old velious armor textures I use you will have to edit the eqclient.ini file and change them to =true like Fight mentioned.

HorrorFK_sl

shitlord
Definitely interested in coming over for some GoD action. Installing now, pretty sure I have a 65 Wizard with VT gear somewhere.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Ya, you are right. My main is a level 100 Necro and Bards are great partners. The DoT focus they have is pretty ridiculous. I was group with one recently and one of my DoT ticked for 120k, lol.

Did you ever get the Aug for the epic 2.0? I think most people call it the 2.5 at that point?
No didn't get it because it's a pain in the ass, even with higher levels, theatre of blood sucks. In a raid me and 2 other necro's dominated the dps lists, the 2 necro's had epic 2.5 and ou could definitely notice the difference. Not by much but enough to get me frustrated of consistently coming in 3rd. Nobody ever came close to our dps in a raid. If the mob lives for longer then 3 minutes and you stacked your dots properly and got into your like 14 dot rotation, had the augments that boosted the dots, proper AA's ou would be a fucking powerhouse of dps, i saw wizards quit mid raid because we totally shamed them.

I think my magelo had been updated till 3 months ago when i quit. Just look for sceleris on quellious. My character, aa's gear and everything is the result of 3 necro's comparing notes and communicating and experimenting for about half a year. The 2 necro's i raided with were top notch and guided me through completely relearning my class because i had quit for abut 4 or 5 years. And a LOT had changed since then. Root rotting in Beasts Domain is by far the best place to be for a necro, park a bard bot at a wall and kill the dogs and vines. Easiest 2 AA per kill ever. No kiting just AA root, stack dots and root another, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Oh! And you NEED the anguish robe. Old stuff i know but the clicky on it is godly.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
I'm currently playing on Test, been on it a month or so. Alluvia, 85 ranger. I've had a lot of trouble finding groups and I had never box'd before, so figured I'd finally take the plunge. I have a 70 shaman and 70 SK now. Reading the first post I am rethinking the SK, maybe swapping it out for a mage (pet). What do you guys think of mage/necro/shaman, primarily using the ranger for PL purposes? Levelling is so fast on Test the real issue is just gearing all those characters up..

Feel free to say hi, as soon as you hit 56 you can group with 85, I don't mind bringin' folks along for DSH mino headshot extravaganza.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Biased as i am with necro's the only thing mages are really good for is pet weapons. Shaman goes well with necro but the dots might not stack well. Outside the box fun group is ranger,necro,bard. You will love HS in that group. Bards go really well with everything, now more then ever, they can boost dots, they can boost DD significantly, and omg the haste for melee. Bard, now more then ever is a swiss army knife of awesome, and imo a must have in any group. And with a proper healing merc, the bard can fucking tank as well.

Nowadays with the mercs being strong at they are, especially the higher tier ones you have to quest for to unlock, you can do some serious grouping with any class. I spent some time botting my necro and bard with a decked out warrior with a healer merc. Pull with war, kep /melody on bard, dot with necro but just like 4 or 5 dots....and fd the fuck out of it. The tank was being kept alive terribly well with the merc, sometimes better then with a half decent cleric. SK tank is great as well, they keep agro like no other class. Don't even bother slowing mobs though. Let a good DS sort them out, i have seen SK's swarm in the courtyard of HoT wich was absolutely awesome to look at.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FYI bros, EQ is #3 most downloaded game on Steam right now. Rerolled bringing it strong.