EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Sirocco

Molten Core Raider
Thanks everyone for sharing all the knowledge. I haven't played since PoP and feel dreadfully behind. Good thing I have 2 days off of work! Kinda nice to start from scratch.

Mage: Sirian
SK: Sinistor

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone know how the restoration of deleted accounts works on Test? I believe on Live, you actually need to have a Gold account status to have them perform this action. I know all accounts on Test are gold, but do I need a gold accounts on live to get a restore on Test?

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Could use some elegant defiant silk on test for my necro. Apparently when I quit eq I only had 600pp across all my accounts.

I got a nice horse mount from turning in my stack of accumulated lon cards, but Omg the handling is terrible. Is there a trick to stop instantly instead of slowly coming to a halt? I don't remember mounts being so annoying to kite on

Evaristus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I loaded EQ up to get my nostalgia on, but mouselook is horrendous. Y-axis is overly sensitive and X-axis is slow as hell. I move my mouse just a hair up and I'm looking straight up, but I have to pick my mouse up 3 times just to turn 90 degrees. I've tweaked every mouse setting I can find in both my OS and eqclient file but nothing has helped. Has anyone else gone through this or know how to fix it?

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Are you trying to play EQMAC on a PC? it's pretty much a known issue with the "workaround" they used to port the client over.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Use your video card control panel or a program called Dxtory to lock your fps at 60 and your mouse issues will be slightly alleviated.

Evaristus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not playing EQMAC but I did download it on steam. I might try to do a normal install with my DVDs and if that doesn't work I'll try to lock my fps. Thanks guys

Denjoy

Molten Core Raider
I loaded EQ up to get my nostalgia on, but mouselook is horrendous. Y-axis is overly sensitive and X-axis is slow as hell. I move my mouse just a hair up and I'm looking straight up, but I have to pick my mouse up 3 times just to turn 90 degrees. I've tweaked every mouse setting I can find in both my OS and eqclient file but nothing has helped. Has anyone else gone through this or know how to fix it?
I'm trying to remember as I haven't played in awhile, but when you're in game, go into the options, then 'Display'. Click the Advanced button and slide the Max FPS slider down to like 60 or 30 and test it out. I think I have mine set to 30 and my left-right mouse turning is very fast.

Baraz_sl

shitlord
If anyone can help with plat for mercs on the Test server, I would really appreciate it. Character name is Bearaz.

Dr Ent_sl

shitlord
So who all is leveling a new character on test? I'm going to be boxing a beastlord / druid and I would rather play with real people instead of mercs.

My names are Ndika and Stiva

I'm trying to remember as I haven't played in awhile, but when you're in game, go into the options, then 'Display'. Click the Advanced button and slide the Max FPS slider down to like 60 or 30 and test it out. I think I have mine set to 30 and my left-right mouse turning is very fast.
I had the same problem and this worked perfectly.

i have a few characters of various levels on test, maybe we can get something together. Like Dr ent said always more fun with real people. Character names are Forde, Bynoxx, Spagae, and zekurn i usually play on. Hit me up if anyone wants to group!

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Currently have a 72 mage (Cynni) and a 66 necro (Kalixxa) on test. Feel free to add me to friends if you want to group.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm currently working on a 60 paladin named Destante. Up around 200aa already and just messing around in old zones for fun. Always up for some grouping so if ya see on me on and need another body send a tell.

Hustle_sl

shitlord
Leveling a Bard and Necro on Test, Moresing and Moredot (originality was never my strongest characteristic). 29 and 28 at the moment, I'd be down for some grouping. I haven't played since Luclin, so I have no idea what I'm doing.

Dr Ent_sl

shitlord
Leveling a Bard and Necro on Test, Moresing and Moredot (originality was never my strongest characteristic). 29 and 28 at the moment, I'd be down for some grouping. I haven't played since Luclin, so I have no idea what I'm doing.
I'll be on tonight as a Beastlord / Druid. If you're on we should group. I'm just around lvl 25

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Playing as an ole' mage/bard named Lickeroo/Lickaroo. ~42/43. With how OP these skelatal mercs are, I think I must go try to slay Naggy.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
/testcopy over to the Test Server and join us. It is low commitment and 100% free for all features and expansions. We have people in all level ranges now joining in.

If you are level 90, you can join up with me and my crew. We are doing RoF content (which is pretty awesome so far) and you will fit right in, no matter your class. Send a tell to Tihm or Cynni in game.

I also highly recommendThe Faceless Orderprogression guild if you prefer that route, to new content. They are in the final zones of GoD and at level 65. Extremely helpful, good group of people. Look back in this thread for more info.

Shuuhei_sl

shitlord
Use your video card control panel or a program called Dxtory to lock your fps at 60 and your mouse issues will be slightly alleviated.
60fps is high in my experience. If you want your mouse horizontal look to act "normal". Im running at 47% sensitivity in game and frame locked eqmac at 32fps. I know this will vary with DPI settings for each individual mouse, but 60 is extremely high from my experience running eqmac on a PC.