EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Gryphe

Golden Knight of the Realm
Gear and spells (including buffs) are limited to in-era stuff. AAs, augments, and poisons are whatever you can/want to use - in practice, the vast majority of guild members stick to in-era. I don't know about your experience as it was before my time. I think they streamlined things just before PoP, which is when I joined. It's a solid group that does a lot with small numbers.

EDIT: We're opening DoDh on Tuesday, July 15th, not the 12th.

Gryphe

Regarding <Return to Glory>, it turns out we might not be doing Depths of Darkhollow or indeed anything else, ever. Most of the guild leadership has decided to take a break (for one thing, Depths is a long and difficult expansion - like Gates of Discord, which destroyed our numbers [as it does to every progression guild I've ever heard of]) and so we're on the verge of breaking up entirely. It remains to be seen how much of the guild will be left in the coming week or two.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That sucks man, DoDH is one of the best expansions. Some of those raids (Roley, Redfang, Performer) were really great.

What sort of leadership is left there? You guys should see if you can hook up with TFO after the summer classic raiding ends. I'd love to talk to R2G in vent/TS if there was some interest in that option.

Drade

Lord Nagafen Raider
Regarding <Return to Glory>, it turns out we might not be doing Depths of Darkhollow or indeed anything else, ever. Most of the guild leadership has decided to take a break (for one thing, Depths is a long and difficult expansion - like Gates of Discord, which destroyed our numbers [as it does to every progression guild I've ever heard of]) and so we're on the verge of breaking up entirely. It remains to be seen how much of the guild will be left in the coming week or two.
TFO had some struggle with those expansions as well, but managed to survive them and will continue to do so. Taking nothing away from R2G, they lasted much longer than most non TLP progression guilds.

Gryphe

That sucks man, DoDH is one of the best expansions. Some of those raids (Roley, Redfang, Performer) were really great.

What sort of leadership is left there? You guys should see if you can hook up with TFO after the summer classic raiding ends. I'd love to talk to R2G in vent/TS if there was some interest in that option.
TFO had some struggle with those expansions as well, but managed to survive them and will continue to do so. Taking nothing away from R2G, they lasted much longer than most non TLP progression guilds.
We'll see how things stand on the next official raid night. I'll certainly float the idea of joining TFO. Send me a tell in-game.

maynardtodd_sl

shitlord
I didn't know that Nit. Thought you were running things there.
smile.png
As far as R2G goes, my RL schedule changed and I could not devote the time needed to run things. Sad, but we went out on top and our way. No regrets because we had a great time doing it. I knew my schedule wouldn't let up for a while and I did not want to leave them in the middle of an expansion, especially one as difficult as DoDh. So, it wasn't the expansion but rather the dreaded RL DT that did us in. Hope this sheds light on what happened. As far as who is in charge, I think most went in separate directions but some are still playing on test.

Ghir

Gryphe

I didn't know that Nit. Thought you were running things there.
smile.png
As far as R2G goes, my RL schedule changed and I could not devote the time needed to run things. Sad, but we went out on top and our way. No regrets because we had a great time doing it. I knew my schedule wouldn't let up for a while and I did not want to leave them in the middle of an expansion, especially one as difficult as DoDh. So, it wasn't the expansion but rather the dreaded RL DT that did us in. Hope this sheds light on what happened. As far as who is in charge, I think most went in separate directions but some are still playing on test.
Hey Ghir! I didn't know you had an account here!!

It was a damn good run and we all appreciated the time you put into it. Hope to see ya in game some time.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
At the SoE Block Party a producer at SoE mentioned that a new progression server is being discussed. He mentioned possible lock at PoP.

Later on he added some clarification via twitter.

rrr_img_72145.png

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love the first few months after the server opens, but honestly Vulak was a disaster in a lot of ways and I can't see this being much better. Pretty joyless to roll into encounters with 15 mages and 15 shadowknights and faceplow everything. I think at one point in EoE we had enough SKs to basically instagib any 32k boss we wanted, EOV etc, and we had access to ridiculously overpowered items in the revamped Hate. It wasn't at all challenging or particularly fun. I really enjoyed the leveling process and going through the old zones, but the actual raid gameplay is just brutal.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i don't see how everything wouldn't be super trivial without somehow recycling what they had on EQMac, or taking some of the old source code and adjusting what they have to match that :\

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
To be fair, the exact same thing happens on P99. Mobs die within a matter of seconds, SKs or not. Velious is entirely different.

I'll gladly support any SOE-run progression server that stops at PoP. Will give a new home to the EQMac players for sure.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not sure that the comparison to P99 is that valid. P99 has taken a long time to get to this state. A new progression server, due to out of era spells and weapons, is immediately trivial. You don't need developed characters to tackle content- the first nag was done by a small handful of mages. The toons on P99, by my understanding, are largely in full VP gear and epics; they deserve to be able to kill a boss in a few seconds. A fresh version of P99 would be a hundred times more competitive and fun than a live progression server at this point.