EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Nulolan

N00b
I mained a rogue on test for awhile, my favorite tri-box for him has to be bard, shaman, rogue.

Rogues are a class that really need to be the one your paying attention to the most. Tanks have pretty much the same problem, if you are not focused on them they really aren't anywhere near their full potential.

Shaman and bard buffs really makes rogues shred and I would say its my favorite box for raw exp grinds. May have troubles with harder content because of merc tank, but i feel its a good trade off.

DavivMcD

Peasant
That's what I had at first. Up until lvl 65, the shaman and bard buffs were ENTIRELY redundant. Only thing the shaman brought to the table was slow, malo, and snare, which weren't really that important for normal mobs, and the bard can do all that anyway to some extent. A couple of times he spammed a few emergency heals to help out the merc cleric, but that was in a very few situations in which I knew I had screwed up already.

Got my rogue/bard/SK team up to 70 now on test. SK is working out nominally better than shaman. The merc tank is still super solid (helps to have J1 now), so all the SK adds is a bit of dps and once an hour he can obliterate a red con with HS. But I can start to see his tanking potential at higher levels.

Nulolan

N00b
Shaman really has alot more utility at higher end proc buffs, avatar, stat cap buffs, heals (i don't trust merc clerics on they're own for level 100 shit), along with slow.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No TDS expansion for Test server. A server to Test new content where players cant actually to access the new content it to test it. Seems very original.

Evernothing

Yeah, but it will have ship-to-ship combat!

Z8zZXUT.jpg

Gryphe

Golden Knight of the Realm
No TDS expansion for Test server. A server to Test new content where players cant actually to access the new content it to test it. Seems very original.
That bites. I guess I'm not surprised that they're ending the free lunch, though.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Is anybody familiar with this 'Dragons Dragons Dragons' anniversary event? I have a gaping hole in my data where Sleeper's Tomb bosses are and this looks like an invaluable opportunity to fill some of that in.

More specifically, I could use the answers to the following questions:

When is the next time this event begins?
How long does this event last?
Are the dragons the same as the original ST versions?
What is their respawn time?
Are only the dragons put in, or is more or all of the zone reverted to the original ST, including other raid bosses? (master of the guard etc)

Drade

Lord Nagafen Raider
D3 on test is sketchy, last year they didn't even do it during Anniversary events, yet in previous years they did.

Evernothing

Torrid, it is an instanced event with waves of dragons. It does not affect the static zones or regular spawns of these mobs.

Needless

Toe Sucker
do you Wakandans still play actively on test? i never see anybody on P99, but i kinda wanna fart around for a bit in between the wow expac

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Is anybody familiar with this 'Dragons Dragons Dragons' anniversary event? I have a gaping hole in my data where Sleeper's Tomb bosses are and this looks like an invaluable opportunity to fill some of that in.

More specifically, I could use the answers to the following questions:

When is the next time this event begins?
How long does this event last?
Are the dragons the same as the original ST versions?
What is their respawn time?
Are only the dragons put in, or is more or all of the zone reverted to the original ST, including other raid bosses? (master of the guard etc)
You know all the ST bosses still spawn on Test, right? That includes both versions of ST and the third "dead" version.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Well I'm only aware of the version of ST that is in east wastes, and when I parsed a couple of the golem bosses in there, they had different max hits and special abilities than Al'Kabor's versions, so I'm assuming they were changed in the Luclin era revamp. I did manage to get max hit data from Al'Kabor before the shutdown, so I can verify with some degree of confidence if the mob has been altered.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Been scratching my head about that too.

Basically unrelated, but a friend and I exited that weird key zone in PoK, crypt something? dunno. And apparently we exited wrong. The server just kicked us rather than porting us to PoK or whatever. When I logged in I was in the oasis. Not, south ro/north ro. Oasis isn't even reachable normally, but it's still populated and working, and somehow you can get warped there if the game doesn't know where to put you.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Been scratching my head about that too.

Basically unrelated, but a friend and I exited that weird key zone in PoK, crypt something? dunno. And apparently we exited wrong. The server just kicked us rather than porting us to PoK or whatever. When I logged in I was in the oasis. Not, south ro/north ro. Oasis isn't even reachable normally, but it's still populated and working, and somehow you can get warped there if the game doesn't know where to put you.
That's... exceptionally weird especially considering Oasis isn't related to Crypt of Decay.

The only thing I can think of is there may have been a zoneout to Oasis' Zone ID in Crypt of Decay via a door object, but I'd have to check packet logs to verify a door object like that would even exist.

I'm surprised they didn't remove the zone from the client like they did with a handful of other zones. That's what surprises me even more.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I think he means the zone that you used to go to where you could retrieve corpses that had decayed. They took it out eventually (I assume when they added the guys that summon corpse in the guild lobby?)

Speaking of which, wasn't there a zone connection in oasis that was in one of the spectre towers or was that just rumor?

Evernothing

Shadowrest is what you are talking about.

rrr_img_79926.jpg

shadowrest-keeper.jpg

Apparently, you get booted to Oasis on LD while zoning if the last LDoN you did was Takish'Hiz or Rujarkian Oasis entrances.

@Narac01 I'm pretty sure that was just a rumor.