Poll EQ Mobile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Are you excited for EQ Mobile?

• No

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Yes but I'm a liar so actually no

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's OK, I've reported this thread the the mods. They should be here to get me any minute now.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's OK, I've reported this thread the the mods. They should be here to get me any minute now.
Y'know, we're simple people. When you report your own thread, it confuses our poor addled minds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
from reddit

Bringing the Everquest experience to the mobile world.
I envision a Pokémon Go experience except this time you need to go with 5 other players who picked a certain class on their phones otherwise you won’t be able to kill anything.
So you grab 5 of your besties and head out to get some nice item you all want, but don’t forget to bring food and a tent and something for self defense because the item your after is rare and it’s gonna be a few days in a bad part of town.
You plan it all out but when you arrive your surprised to find a small army of neckbeards already setup on the camp. So you go onto the one but this time you arrive to find one dude with 14 cell phones.
The third camp is open though, and you and your buddies have a great time over the next few days knocking back some beers and waiting. Finally you complete it and check your experience and if you zoom in you can see it went up a bit. In just a few short months you’ll be seeing level 2 and you know that sweet ding sound will make all the pain worthwhile.

• 2Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is Everquest that game that was like WoW but looked like shit?

• 3Dislike
  • 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
It will have a energy system. Wait 10 minutes for your camp. Kill X mobs, need to med for 10 minutes. Can pay 5.99 for clarity potion and get your mana back now/train the people out of your camp. Pay 5.99 for a xp potion so you dont have to grind as much. Pay $29.99 for a special currency to buy rare items.

Jesus, EQ is already a mobile game.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
from reddit

Bringing the Everquest experience to the mobile world.
I envision a Pokémon Go experience except this time you need to go with 5 other players who picked a certain class on their phones otherwise you won’t be able to kill anything.
So you grab 5 of your besties and head out to get some nice item you all want, but don’t forget to bring food and a tent and something for self defense because the item your after is rare and it’s gonna be a few days in a bad part of town.
You plan it all out but when you arrive your surprised to find a small army of neckbeards already setup on the camp. So you go onto the one but this time you arrive to find one dude with 14 cell phones.
The third camp is open though, and you and your buddies have a great time over the next few days knocking back some beers and waiting. Finally you complete it and check your experience and if you zoom in you can see it went up a bit. In just a few short months you’ll be seeing level 2 and you know that sweet ding sound will make all the pain worthwhile.

Honestly, tho, something like Pokemon Go but with stronger multiplayer would be pretty awesome. Would still need to be able to do meaningful stuff with a duo or solo, but more player interdependence in an AR game would be pretty immersive if done right.

tyen

<Banned>
Honestly, tho, something like Pokemon Go but with stronger multiplayer would be pretty awesome. Would still need to be able to do meaningful stuff with a duo or solo, but more player interdependence in an AR game would be pretty immersive if done right.

AR Multiplayer just started being solved when people realized that you could save multiple point cloud features to create a "map" used for multiplayer localization. These are large scale multiplayer experiences, not those stupid tabletop games in a very small area.

The way I explain it to people is that, your camera looks at the door frame, it puts dots all along the frame because it is a distinct feature. Next time you open the camera, when that doorframe feature lines up with the point cloud map, that loads you into the game world where all position updates can be synced across all devices. You can use the same technique off of image markers, or QR codes, but you have to re-localize often when you are in Augmented Reality. AR has "drift", where the game world floats away from you when it is having trouble figuring out your position in real world space.

Placenote, Jido, 6D, youAR are some of the "big" players, but this technology is SOOOO new that people don't even understand it and the youtube videos from these companies only have like 300 views.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it makes me extremely skeptical of the demo and the product’s true limitations.

tyen

<Banned>
Yeah, it makes me extremely skeptical of the demo and the product’s true limitations.

Shaders and lighting is insanely easy.

You just apply them to the texture, extremely basic.

tyen

<Banned>
Its SOOOO hard to demonstrate this to people because they dont really understand the capabilities that we have now with placing 3d gameobjects in EXACT spots yet.

They just see a 3d object on the screen and think nothing more.

The video below should help give an idea

tyen

<Banned>
I got pathing down, now I'm working on using the waypoints as a direction finding thing, so it lights the way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user