• No

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Yes but I'm a liar so actually no

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
AR isn't the future of gaming, it's the future of spectating games, promos, commercials, construction, etc.

AR games/movies is niche shit that will fade like 3D.. but AR in an arena to spectate sports/games or even at home will be cool. And using AR to visualize products and for business use (construction/building) will definitely be useful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
ar-dodgeball.gif

hado-monster-battle.gif

Siliconemelons

AR headsets and AR games will hit when the headsets are very very light, cheap and wireless and QHD+ per eye rez - until then, really fun tech demos

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

<Banned>
AR headsets and AR games will hit when the headsets are very very light, cheap and wireless and QHD+ per eye rez - until then, really fun tech demos

Magic leap was suppose to be the answer, but with a 45degree FOV....fuuuuuck that.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Are you trying to prove me wrong or something?

No AR game is going to be as good as the standard flat-monitor/screen games.

People don't want to move around to play games, if they did they would play actual sports.

Yes, the tech is cool and maybe you get a better PokemonGo someday, but then people will go home, roll up to their favorite console or PC and chill out with a better game.

AR will excel when you can use it without needing to move around much.. such as Spectating games/sports, looking at products before you buy, and visualizing construction type work.

---

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

tyen

<Banned>
an AR petting zoo, or AR pet cats.

I can see that being big someday.

Also look at the games where you can customize your player house and put shit on the walls and whatnot.

You could do that irl, people open up an app and see whatever custom stuff you put up. Can even be to show people where things are at or where they go.

Also facial recog, getting someones face on the camera screen and having a HUD come up with all their social media info. RL quick dox. Facebook could build that sooo fast. If you have 100 images of someones face, you can recognize them almost instantly with the software we have now.

Last edited:

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
What shocks me is no one is making a fantasy pokemon go style game. You make a character, walk around fighting gnolls/skeletons/orcs (you have actual abilities, not dumbed down like pokemon go), etc for lewt/xp and team up to take on dragons/giants and shit as raid mobs.

How has this not happened? HOW?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
AR Multiplayer just started being solved when people realized that you could save multiple point cloud features to create a "map" used for multiplayer localization. These are large scale multiplayer experiences, not those stupid tabletop games in a very small area.

The way I explain it to people is that, your camera looks at the door frame, it puts dots all along the frame because it is a distinct feature. Next time you open the camera, when that doorframe feature lines up with the point cloud map, that loads you into the game world where all position updates can be synced across all devices. You can use the same technique off of image markers, or QR codes, but you have to re-localize often when you are in Augmented Reality. AR has "drift", where the game world floats away from you when it is having trouble figuring out your position in real world space.

Placenote, Jido, 6D, youAR are some of the "big" players, but this technology is SOOOO new that people don't even understand it and the youtube videos from these companies only have like 300 views.

Industrial stuff like this using AR is what makes me hard and it's what I wanted Google Glass to be.

Imagine looking at a patch panel and having each wire tell you exactly what it is at a glance or even better tell your glasses what you are looking for and it highlights it.

Basically Arkam City detective mode irl. It's possible i know it is!

tyen

<Banned>
You won't see this being worked on until after H1Z1 mobile is released.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So Runescape mobile launched today... so that's a thing.

What a world we live in....