EQ Never

Randin

Trakanon Raider
This thread has devolved. We need more info to chew up.
Well, if I'm recalling the order correctly, next week's roundtable video should be the one about race/class restrictions, and so we should at least get a hint or two as to how they'll handle it. It's not much, but hey, might be worth an hour of conversation.

On a related note, the next roundtable poll is up, asking to what degree Landmark builds should be publicly viewable. The fact that anyone's response was something other than 'always viewable' is a tad depressing.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
hmm lets see if I can do one:

New EQN Roundtable
What are your thoughts on man-boobs on your EQN avatar's?
  1. Yes! Customization empowers the players!
  2. It would be ok as long as it reflects what I've done in game, for example when I roleplay exercising.
  3. I just want to see the slope and girth through whatever clothing and armor I put on.
  4. I'm not sure I want too much, you know, more than a handful is a waste.

And then we end up with a midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture in EQN.

rrr_img_43261.jpg

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Oh sweet Jesus. Please let anyone build on your land while you're building. Building PVP!

Imagine all the people with OCD freaking the fuck out constantly.
This isn't even about letting people build on your land; that's what make some of the responses so sad. It's about whether or not you should be able to hide your building from people so that they can't even see it without the proper permissions.

Ganthorn

N00b
This isn't even about letting people build on your land; that's what make some of the responses so sad. It's about whether or not you should be able to hide your building from people so that they can't even see it without the proper permissions.
I think they might need to go the opposite and let you hide other peoples abominations like giant penis mountains lol

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh sweet Jesus. Please let anyone build on your land while you're building. Building PVP!

You've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine!

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Beyond the written lore given to us in book form, they might consider a YouTube seiries of cartoons or CGI that illustrate the lore for us non-novel readers.

Strong, cohesive lore can really add atmosphere to a MMO. A well done animated series of introductions to the major players would be a cool way to get players into the "world".

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Beyond the written lore given to us in book form, they might consider a YouTube seiries of cartoons or CGI that illustrate the lore for us non-novel readers.

Strong, cohesive lore can really add atmosphere to a MMO. A well done animated series of introductions to the major players would be a cool way to get players into the "world".
We're talking SOE here, not Blizzard. You could knock me over with a feather if they release animated shorts.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I don't think that is quite it. I think it is more do you work in private so you are not distracted and people don't see your unfinished stuff or do you work in the open where people can come and gawk and maybe pester you while you are buildinging something.

from eqnjunkies questions:
interesting that they are trying to unify noncombat+combat ai... not sure what that could mean though (can talk during fights and stop them/make them surrender??)

also
"Terry Michaels: This sounds exactly like the kind of thing we do not want in EverQuest Next. Artificial limits and mechanisms that enforce those limits are not the types of solutions we are designing for this game. You will just have to wait for more information about our combat to see what we have in mind."

thx for asking my question & doing the interview -- guess it's too early for details. my impression is that some things might be instanced? and/or to defeat some types of mobs would require certain skills ..therefore rushing it with tons of people/dps won't gurantee its defeat (commitment/running away were mentioned in the IA slides).

learning/neuralnetworks weren't a part of the intrinsic algorithm so it would seem that it's going to tweaked by devs (suggesting that mobs' ai can be anticipated... they won't do new things but they'll act dynamically within a framework set of basic rules)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
We'll talk to you next month, he says.
For those who just want the bullet points:

-info focus for the next month is on EQNL
-two major topics they intend to expand on: how EQNL worlds are put together/how you claim a plot, and how building, crafting, and resource gathering work.
-new lore story will be released.
-aside from the roundtable stuff, that's it.