EQ Never

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I posted on their Facebook to stfu until they have something of substance to show and stop trolling us with bogus polls.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
If I give you a pencil and a blank piece of paper do you see the infinite possibilities for creation where the average person might doodle a penis and then move on?
The genius of Minecraft is that it gives you just enough structure to make things, while not blocking you outright from creation ("there are 15 building models for your town. What, it's not exactly what you wanted to make? Hey, us modeling those additional buildings for you costs!").

And the resulting appeal is completely different from person to person. On my guild server, I'm the "big, massive architecture" guy, we've got two "if it's not fully automated, it's useless" guys, one who litters the landscape with small mansions and nether interconnects between them, and one who tried to make rollercoasters before admitting he had no talent for it. Plus the occasional "I make gardens like Versailles" gal (I say occasional because she plays 2 months every six).

No video game really does that. And I doubt EQNext will duplicate that feeling, for all they're obviously trying to make it the MMO Minecraft with Landmark.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
New dev diary:

-EQNL will have a fast travel system, where you use crafted tokens to access the 'ley line network'
-there will be a variety of biomes, each with its own types of resources which will create different looking items.

That's about it; no gameplay, and extended exposure to Butler

Felmega_sl

shitlord
New dev diary:

-EQNL will have a fast travel system, where you use crafted tokens to access the 'ley line network'
-there will be a variety of biomes, each with its own types of resources which will create different looking items.

Sounds good so far. Need more info...

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It's all 100 percent Landmark focused at this point. I know they want to hype the imminent release but it's funny how fast it went from dual hype to specifically focusing on Landmark and even introducing themselves as blah blah director of EverQuest Next Landmark.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Fast travel is for pussies in Skyrim, muchless in an MMO.
Unless they have some sort of artificial limitation on the physical landmass of their servers I don't see a way you could not have fast travel in Landmark. On Minecraft servers you always have that one guy who likes to run off and get away from everyone else or spend days exploring way the fuck out there. I can only imagine on a Landmark server you'd have tons of that type which would make travel extremely stupid.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
New dev diary:

Butler: My name is J Butler and im the the Designer for EQNL and this is Art Director Ms Rappaport, so on to you Suzie.... Suzie?
Rappaport: Oh and he smells so good.
rolleyes.png

Tol_sl

shitlord
Haha, It takes them a full 2 minutes to say something that basically isn't describing minecraft to a T. Different resources from different biomes is pretty cool though. What it sounds like now is that they really are making two entirely different games. My question is between EQN and EQLM will one be decent and one suck, or will they manage to make a fun minecraft-alike AND a fun MMO, or will they overextend themselves. I also wonder how many servers there will be, because they mentioned that it's procedurally generated, and like, in minecraft it can generate a world something like 8x the size of earth and like another guiy mentioned, there's always some guy running out to new horizons to see what he can see.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Ah man they are ready to go , look at all the screenshots , gameplay videos , and so on they have been releasing.

It's not like they've been doing nothing but releasing painful videos with zero content to them the whole time since SOE live.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ah man they are ready to go , look at all the screenshots , gameplay videos , and so on they have been releasing.

It's not like they've been doing nothing but releasing painful videos with zero content to them the whole time since SOE live.
Yeah, just go to the TESO thread if you want to see truly painful videos of absolutely nothing.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
How do you guys feel about race/class restrictions?

The reason I ask is because I downloaded EQ last night (pretty drunk) and was trying to pick a server... And Firiona Vie was calling to me. Really felt like geeking out on the role play server. I got it in my head that I wanted to role play a super creepy Troll Necromancer... And was super disappointed that I couldn't be one.

Now, I get it. A lot of people are gonna be like, 'casual scum! Troll intelligence is too low for int caster classes'... And years ago i would have said the same...But like... Who cares? The character I wanted to play just couldn't be made. Why can't I role play an exceptionally evil troll who has become so adept at the magics taught to him in the Shadow Knight guild that he is a full blown Necromancer? If I wanna stat gimp myself for the sake of loving my character, what business is it of anyone's?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist

The reason I ask is because I downloaded EQ last night (pretty drunk) and was trying to pick a server... And Firiona Vie was calling to me. Really felt like geeking out on the role play server. I got it in my head that I wanted to role play a super creepy Troll Necromancer... And was super disappointed that I couldn't be one.

Now, I get it. A lot of people are gonna be like, 'casual scum! Troll intelligence is too low for int caster classes'... And years ago i would have said the same...But like... Who cares? The character I wanted to play just couldn't be made. Why can't I role play an exceptionally evil troll who has become so adept at the magics taught to him in the Shadow Knight guild that he is a full blown Necromancer? If I wanna stat gimp myself for the sake of loving my character, what business is it of anyone's?
Play red99 with me dawg.

dgrabs_sl

shitlord

The problem with this is that they're not going to severely limit the stats for a Troll Necromancer because they don't want any players "regretting a decision they made before they knew its ramifications" as they've alluded to numerous times. So that leaves us with two options. 1) They let any race be any class and those game mechanics are simply aesthetic. Or 2) They have race/class restrictions.

I'm hoping for 2.