EQ Never

Bruman

Golden Squire
Very cool livestream. They need to be showing more non-scripted in-game footage if they're taking money.

I still don't think it's representative of how EQNL itself will actually play, as he was obviously god-moding it, and it sounds like they want even EQNL to be more of a world. I want to know how those mechanics will play out more.

For example - how are resources used when you just drag out a big square? Then do you get some back if you delete part of it inside? How do you harvest voxels? Does it cost more resources to enlarge something? Does it cost other resources if you paint it?

Things like that.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it looks like a lot of fun.. I just wonder how far along they really are with implementing all the different things they talk about..

And... How about how big is your claim?! Can we build the avg EQ dungeon on it or is more like a large castle?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
They mentioned the alpha forum is up now for Trailblazers, anyone know how to get there? All I got was a purchase confirmation email and I just assumed the forums weren't up yet until I watched the Livestream and they said they were up now.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They mentioned the alpha forum is up now for Trailblazers, anyone know how to get there? All I got was a purchase confirmation email and I just assumed the forums weren't up yet until I watched the Livestream and they said they were up now.
Same position here. There's a link to the alpha forum on the eqnlandmark website but if you click it it just brings up the page telling you to preorder a pack.. I guess it's probably not actually accessible yet.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Creed- I'm not late to the party. I was there in the beginning and FTP has gradually got worse IMO...it's expanded and will continue to do so. I'm not good at just accepting things..
That's ok, everyone makes their own choices. You're coming across a bit like Utnayan here trying to make everyone realize the truth and the evil of in this case EQN.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Well, I just think it's a case of beating the dead horse, like Ut unfortunately has a tendency to do.

I think everyone understands both sides, and can agree to see each other's viewpoints, and just differ on how to react on it. That's fine. We should move on though, because like some of those Ut chats, it just becomes cyclical and achieves nothing. Just a restating of opinions and positions over and over.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
The alpha forums are accessible but if you're having problems reaching them, try logging out and logging back in. That seemed to do the trick for me and several others.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I just think it's a case of beating the dead horse, like Ut unfortunately has a tendency to do.

I think everyone understands both sides, and can agree to see each other's viewpoints, and just differ on how to react on it. That's fine. We should move on though, because like some of those Ut chats, it just becomes cyclical and achieves nothing. Just a restating of opinions and positions over and over.
Fair enough.. I agree.. we need to move on b/c I have nothing left to add and time will only give us any real answers.

I'm still curious how much money people will actually make from all this..

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The alpha forums are accessible but if you're having problems reaching them, try logging out and logging back in. That seemed to do the trick for me and several others.
I've logged in/out numerous times, is the alpha forum located with the rest of the forums here:403 Forbidden

or is it somewhere else? Seems like the website and forums have individual logins so would help which page I need to be on.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Oh. OK, I have no idea where you found the original link to the EQN:L forums, because I thought I searched everywhere... guess not!
I assumed it was something stupid like that. Anyway, after going to your link I had to log out & back in for them to show up as well.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Game looks incredibly cool and I have no problem paying for early access for this kind of game. Unlike EQN and other MMOs, you really already have a pretty solid idea of what to expect and if you will get your money's worth out of this. I could see a lot more resistance for an early alpha of EQN, Wildstar, etc where the game is going in a more traditional direction. This is a world builder game where the early access allows a lot of practice. This practice can be used for many things but if you like this kind of game, why not start early and really advance your skills?

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's pretty clear MOST of what they talk about is not implemented. The way they talk to each other in that stream, they nod at each other as if they weren't even aware certain ideas were in the plans, much less actually implemented. They're actually up there selling ideas.

It's weird to me that they made the big announcement for this so early when it's clearly so far off. Back in the summer they told us open Landmark BETA this fall, and hey it's fall and they're CHARGING for alpha lol. I'm predicting beta won't actually open until spring at the earliest, possibly even summer, and EQN won't be ready for beta for at least 2.5 years.

For now I'll play Project Spark beta for free, which is clearly miles ahead of EQL in the development stage and looks to have so many more degrees of freedom than EQL ever will. Landmark's graphics do look to be better, and they are definitely aiming more towards the MMO market, so hopefully they actually deliver on these ideas. Will keep an eye on it but I won't expect much out of it until spring at the earliest.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
I watched the livestream last night, what I'm wondering is just how much materials (and time involved to collect said mats) were used in his building of that tower. Obviously, being a dev he's got unlimited resources, but I'm curious if that little tower he did in ~20 min would in reality take 2+ hours of gathering (or buying/trading from the cash shop/other players). They did say stone could be easily found and gathered, and that tools can be upgraded within a tier to speed up gathering, but are we talking a few all night gathering sessions to build a castle? Not to mention the unknown plot size and cost of getting another plot if you need more space.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So many unknowns and I'm guessing they don't know either.. A lot that stuff will probably be decided and tweaked in beta..

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I assume that the lowest size of voxel will cost you 1 quantity of material, and your total cost will be the total number of voxels by volume. It may seem grindy at first to collect large amounts of materials but I'm sure by the end of alpha/beta people will be pushing the maximum quantity caps if they exist.