EQ Never

Column_sl

shitlord
This has to be because they are putting all games under one sub, and they can probly get a Dayz like game on the PS4.

Pretty much nothing to lose on there end.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
Ok between work, school, life and suckling at Brad's new project, I haven't had time to really follow EQN news. But I check the roundtable once in a while and saw the poll regarding crafting. One of the choices is:Yes. If I can unlock all adventure classes on one character, then I should be able to unlock all crafting types.
What's the story with the classes? You can be all classes on one character? Is there a link to something about this so I can read more about it? I didn't see much detail on the wikia or the EQN site.
Apologies for being clueless :/

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok between work, school, life and suckling at Brad's new project, I haven't had time to really follow EQN news. But I check the roundtable once in a while and saw the poll regarding crafting. One of the choices is:Yes. If I can unlock all adventure classes on one character, then I should be able to unlock all crafting types.
What's the story with the classes? You can be all classes on one character? Is there a link to something about this so I can read more about it? I didn't see much detail on the wikia or the EQN site.
Apologies for being clueless :/
EDIT: Quaids video is concise. If you want to delve deeper... Have at these.

Here are the panel videos about classes from last years SOE live.

Part 1

Part 2

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
Basically you can be a Troll Ninja Paladin with Guns.

(or at least it's the running idea)
awwww
frown.png
I was hoping for an ogre pirate samurai with a cannon lol

Thank you for the links/videos. Hm. Not really sure what to make of that. I think I'd have to try it before I can yay or nay it. Interesting idea...maybe

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I really like the system. If you want to be a healer, you don't have to start from scratch, you just have to have learned the skills. If you want to be a warrior but want to be a bit unique, you can be. It's all up to us to a point and I find that refreshing. Just like EQ gave us emergent gameplay, this is trying to do the same. Time for us to evolve as gamers.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I honestly have let it grow on me after playing FFXIV ARR and the class/job system bit.

My one hope is they don't in any way make it quick and easy to switch , as in you are going to be well out of combat for a bit or a cooldown , no way of switching to a tank during a fight if yours goes down etc.

While I still prefer the old EQ class system , I'm willing to try something like this again though.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't think they will let you switch that quickly. I wouldn't want that decision either. I want my decisions to count not just be switched out like stances in WoW.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I'd probably be more sour about it but the knowledge has been out there for a while now and I'm willing to see how it plays out. Honestly, I'll probably just play a pure class so long as it doesn't mean my character is going to be terrible.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I'd probably be more sour about it but the knowledge has been out there for a while now and I'm willing to see how it plays out. Honestly, I'll probably just play a pure class so long as it doesn't mean my character is going to be terrible.
Excellent point. I don't want to have to multiclass a hybrid freak to be worthwhile. If want to construct a true dps archer only , or a full out tank only and so on I want it to be viable.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Merlin,

Good try but Brad's got all he's going to get from me. He needs to find some more pledges. This is the game I'm looking forward to. That game will just be a nostalgia trip occasionally. This game has fresh ideas, very strong support from a good team, and made Blizzard tuck their tails and start over. That alone says I'm backing the right horse in the race.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I don't think they will let you switch that quickly. I wouldn't want that decision either. I want my decisions to count not just be switched out like stances in WoW.
At SOE Live they said class swapping required nothing more than being out of combat to do it; however, at...PAX, I think it was, some guy who attended reported that the devs were now saying they were still trying to figure out how freely they'd let players swap classes. Could be they saw how less-than-thrilled people were with that bit of info, and decided to reevaluate.

Time will tell, I guess.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
At SOE Live they said class swapping required nothing more than being out of combat to do it; however, at...PAX, I think it was, some guy who attended reported that the devs were now saying they were still trying to figure out how freely they'd let players swap classes. Could be they saw how less-than-thrilled people were with that bit of info, and decided to reevaluate.

Time will tell, I guess.
My expectations for EQNext are pretty low. I'm hoping this will translate into more (potential) enjoyment for me when it finally releases. So many of their espoused designs are [likely] only fleshed out on a design doc and not even prototyped yet.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
You know zombies are all the rage now
Yea, it's got to the point where the simple mention of the Z-word means an instant no-no.

I had a book recommended by Amazon, the blurb looked interesting... until a review mentioned the Z-word. The book immediately went from wish list to "I'm not interested".

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yea, it's got to the point where the simple mention of the Z-word means an instant no-no.

I had a book recommended by Amazon, the blurb looked interesting... until a review mentioned the Z-word. The book immediately went from wish list to "I'm not interested".
I always wondered who would win if you pit them against eachother: the zombies from I am Legend or the ones from DayZ. I am thinking the I am Legend zombies would win. At least they are both Fast Zombies (tm).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Regardless, it has Everquest's name on it and that is enough for me to at least try it. Not to mention there are just several things i'm curious to see how it works. The only thing I need to see in this game is just hints of familiarity. Show me starting cities of Qeynos and Freeport, eventually show me the development of Kelethin and Kaladmin, and show me map that at least reminds me of Everquest. Honestly, the more I think of EQNext, I'm actually very tolerable as I demonstrated that sticking with EQII and the only thing I really need in Everquest is the world. Give me Norrath and I'll deal with quite a bit.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Time will tell, I guess.
I want to reiterate that I don't mind swapping out if there is a need for a healer and you can heal. I am definitely against any form of combat switches and the like. Make the switch take 5 minutes of meditation or something. The player has to focus their being, retrain the mind, etc as the reasoning. Just like the designers, in 2014, I'm totally against needing a certain class to do content. I like how the limited abilities allows you to learn 40 classes but restricts what you can use at one time. That's a smart restriction. I really want to see the extent of customization they will allow. Rift had rogue tanks and I liked that. In EQ, you could really work out some different grouping setups and it was awesome. The higher you got though, the harder this was to pull off. EQN hopefully pulls off a rethink of tanking skills, healing, etc with improved AI. We have to think again people! Not just do one small job right over and over and over.